PDA

View Full Version : Does Del Potro have tennis elbow??

centercourt8
04-02-2009, 04:38 PM
I tried to pose this question in the Nadal/Del Potro match thread, but that thread was firing off so quickly, im sure no one caught my question.

Did anyone notice that DP had his forearm taped right where you would put a tennis elbow strap in the Nadal/DP match today. I was wondering does anyone know if he is suffering from TE. If so, i have never seen this before for any player on the tour and was wondering if this is a common occurrence amongst the proffesional tennis ranks?

Sorry dont have any pictures as the match was very very recent.

deltox
04-02-2009, 04:40 PM
the tape is supposed to help swollen, inflamed, or sore tendons. Alot of players where is from the thigh to 2 inches below the knee. on of those miracle remedies most likely.

breon1@hotmail.com
04-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Im not really sure, he had it wrapped. Anyway that was a good match

centercourt8
04-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Yeah thats what i thought it was for too, but thats just the first time ive seen a player tape up his forearm.

By the way, OUTSTANDING MATCH!!

Hankenstein
04-03-2009, 12:48 AM
Maybe hes really are using the K6.1 (a REALLY stiff frame..) and hes also string his frames in something like 69 lbs with Alu Power...

There you have the perfect recipe on tennis elbow

JediMindTrick
04-03-2009, 09:18 AM
Gasquet also had tennis elbow. Who knows how many pros have it?

Golden Retriever
04-03-2009, 11:40 AM
Damn those 1HBH.

centercourt8
04-03-2009, 12:08 PM
^^^^

DP has a 2hbh, so i guess its universal.

Its actually kind of nice to see some pros dealing with that problem. I wish no harm upon them and hope for them a speedy recovery, but it also makes them seem more human as opposed to a untouchable superhuman tennis mega god. :)