PDA

View Full Version : will roddick switch

a-rod24
03-08-2005, 06:08 PM
Does anyone know if babolat has a new racket in the works to market as andys new racket i know he says he wont switch to the aero because of the throat but is babolat going to like update his puredrive or anything like that?

Nike Tennis2005
03-09-2005, 03:54 AM
I too would like to know what babolat has in plans....they are falling behind and need something new...

Grimjack
03-09-2005, 04:31 AM
I know my local shop tells me the PD is still one of their biggest sellers.

My best guess is that Bab updates the PD cosmetics, but keeps the frame as-is, and tries to get another two-year run out of it (and Andy) that way.

Of course, that's just what I'd do if I were the Babolat marketing dept. Which I'm obviously not. So that's pure speculation....er...Pure Drive speculation.

equinox
03-09-2005, 05:22 AM
He should dump babolat and sign up with head when agassi retires.

SMASHER
03-09-2005, 10:08 AM
I Also Think That Bab Should Get On The Ball Because Wilson Is Coming Back Strong With The Ncode Line. Despite Wilson's Run Babolat Remains Amongst The Highest Selling Racquets Thanks To Roddick. Everyone Is Dreaming To Hit That 150mph Serve. I Also Think With The Emerges Of Sir Nadal, Babolat Will Be Around For Some Time.

hummer23
03-09-2005, 12:57 PM
I Also Think That Bab Should Get On The Ball Because Wilson Is Coming Back Strong With The Ncode Line. Despite Wilson's Run Babolat Remains Amongst The Highest Selling Racquets Thanks To Roddick. Everyone Is Dreaming To Hit That 150mph Serve. I Also Think With The Emerges Of Sir Nadal, Babolat Will Be Around For Some Time.

sorry, im just curious, why do you capitolize every word? seems like alot of trouble to go through. lol.

Nike Tennis2005
03-09-2005, 07:40 PM
any word on what babolat has panned for the future?

TennisD
03-12-2005, 02:51 AM
He should dump babolat and sign up with head when agassi retires.
Andy wouldn't be able to handle a proper Head racquet, keep dreaming...

Matt H.
03-13-2005, 01:01 PM
eh, i think Head racquets are junk. But that's what opinions are for.

In any case, from what i've read the Babolat Pure Drive has been the top selling racquet in 26 of the last 27 months. If that is indeed true, then why would Babolat need to even think about messing with the racquet at this point?

migjam
03-13-2005, 02:04 PM
Nah, thats exactly whats wrong with the racquet industry today. Every year they come out with something new and gimicky. Why should Babolat jump on the bandwagon and develop something new every year when they have a top selling frame already?
Back in the 70's you wouldn't see new frames every year with old ones being dumped (Dunlop Maxply, Wilson Jack Krammer, Spalding World Open, Wilson T2000).

USCfan
03-13-2005, 03:11 PM
I too would like to know what babolat has in plans....they are falling behind and need something new...

Falling behind? They just came out with the aeropros.

Nike Tennis2005
03-13-2005, 03:46 PM
^^^only nadal uses that. i read somewhere roddick dont like those frames.