PDA

View Full Version : where to buy bumperguard/grommets

KOPT
04-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Where do you guys normally buy bumperguards/grommets for your racquets?I need a set for my 6.0 prostaff,will kps88 bumperguard fit?Or it is actually possible to find originall 6.0 guard?thanx for any info.

m1stuhxsp4rk5
04-02-2009, 10:14 PM
the kps88 wont fit. different string pattern.
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageWILSON-G5914.html

KOPT
04-02-2009, 11:28 PM
its says "Wilson Prostaff Original 6.0 85 Grommet",i guess no bumperguard included?

the kps88 wont fit. different string pattern.
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageWILSON-G5914.html

VGP
04-03-2009, 04:49 AM
The bumperguard is included.

Those fit the Chinese PS85. Is that the model that you have?

I'm assuming when you say 6.0 Pro Staff, you mean the PS85 and not the PS95.....or even blue/green widebody frame.

KOPT
04-03-2009, 12:44 PM
Yes it is PS85,how do i tell if it is chinese?There are letters KHO on the buttcap

The bumperguard is included.

Those fit the Chinese PS85. Is that the model that you have?

I'm assuming when you say 6.0 Pro Staff, you mean the PS85 and not the PS95.....or even blue/green widebody frame.

khw72004
04-03-2009, 02:20 PM
is the O possible a Q? if its a Q then its not going to fit. Post some pictures to let us see.

KOPT
04-03-2009, 05:56 PM
quite possible its KHQ,what would that mean?Where was it made?

is the O possible a Q? if its a Q then its not going to fit. Post some pictures to let us see.

plasma
04-03-2009, 06:51 PM
does the word "midsize" appear on both sides of the racquet or just one? Does there appear to be any red primer, or spots of burgundy paint on a deeper underlayer? Does it feel exceptionally good when hitting...mon?

KOPT
04-03-2009, 07:30 PM
midsize appears on both sides,dont see any red primer,cant identify any other stuff.....Never took it out to hit,need to restring and install bumperguard first.

does the word "midsize" appear on both sides of the racquet or just one? Does there appear to be any red primer, or spots of burgundy paint on a deeper underlayer? Does it feel exceptionally good when hitting...mon?

VGP
04-03-2009, 07:38 PM
KOPT - check out this info I added to the PS85 wiki page (http://thetenniswiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Wilson+Pro+Staff+6.0+Original+Mid+8 5) and it "may" help you out.......

The plastic parts available on TW are for the recent Chinese PS85s. They don't easily fit previous models. You can cram them on, but it's a total pain. Not to mention you might mar your frame.

Sounds like you could have a St. Vincent or Taiwanese. SVs have become quite the collector's item.......

KOPT
04-03-2009, 07:54 PM
thanx a lot,i read the info and compared my racquet to it.Its definatelly not a chinese version.Not a taiwanese either,because the code is stamped below W on the butcap,but on taiwanese is above.Doesnt look like a ST.Vincent too.So maybe its the early Chicago version?I think it is,i dont have a registered trademark symbol,and pinstriping and "Midsize" is on both sides of throat.I do have a bumperguard though,but maybe it was added by previous owner.

KOPT - check out this info I added to the PS85 wiki page (http://thetenniswiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Wilson+Pro+Staff+6.0+Original+Mid+8 5) and it "may" help you out.......

The plastic parts available on TW are for the recent Chinese PS85s. They don't easily fit previous models. You can cram them on, but it's a total pain. Not to mention you might mar your frame.

Sounds like you could have a St. Vincent or Taiwanese. SVs have become quite the collector's item.......

KOPT
04-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Or do i have a St.Vincent???I found red primer:)

nyc
04-03-2009, 08:18 PM
does it have a bumper guard or just a single bumpereless strip?

KOPT
04-03-2009, 08:22 PM
yes it does have a bumperguard

does it have a bumper guard or just a single bumpereless strip?

KOPT
04-04-2009, 03:48 AM
so the ones for sale on TW wont fit my racquet?Where do i find the ones that will fit?Or they will fit with a little trimming?All i need is a bumperguard really.

VGP
04-04-2009, 05:44 AM
If you want a direct retrofit, I guess e-bay is an option, but I think the sets are going for $30-$40 each......

plasma
04-04-2009, 06:35 AM
looks like you "KOPT" a winner!!!
welcome to the brotherhood...to honor its manufacturers all st.vincent holders must henceforth speak with a island accent mon:
"Ye scored big time mi bredrin; BHO! big up!!! bo! bo! bo! di st. vincent, tis a preciuos gift from Jah mon, Jah, kevlafari! yah shinnin star,seen? Ting it feels sweeter den saltfish mi bredrin; young star a lion a Judah, etc. etc."

translation: congratulations on your recent acquisition of one of the greatest, valuable and most historic racquets ever produced. In terms of feel and touch during performance this racquet stands out as amongst the greatest ever created. Welcome to a rare precious small taste of island paradise..."mon!"

KOPT
04-04-2009, 07:59 PM
haha,thanx:)after reading your post i just want to restring this racquet right away and take it out to the courts:)I will even take pics tonight and post them here,but i must warn you the racquet is pretty beat up,whoever owned it before me,must have really enjoyed playing with it.

looks like you "KOPT" a winner!!!
welcome to the brotherhood...to honor its manufacturers all st.vincent holders must henceforth speak with a island accent mon:
"Ye scored big time mi bredrin; BHO! big up!!! bo! bo! bo! di st. vincent, tis a preciuos gift from Jah mon, Jah, kevlafari! yah shinnin star,seen? Ting it feels sweeter den saltfish mi bredrin; young star a lion a Judah, etc. etc."

translation: congratulations on your recent acquisition of one of the greatest, valuable and most historic racquets ever produced. In terms of feel and touch during performance this racquet stands out as amongst the greatest ever created. Welcome to a rare precious small taste of island paradise..."mon!"

plasma
04-13-2009, 07:37 PM
you will love it too, doesn't matter that it's a little scratched, it will play identical to a new one... that's how ps 85's are.
I have a dinged up bumperless that a low pro (high end) pro level coach buddy gave me. I wanted to give him $100 for it but he refused and took only 10 (ten), doing the same with a prestige classic, which he also told me he would sell me for 100 but ironically refused and at the last moment, would only take 10 (ten)...??????
ok, hmmm, Plasma knew he had to take his buddy out for Papusas, Horchata and some cervecas to thank him, during the thank you meal (my idea) he told me that the bumperless was actually used by Sampras early in his career, and was one of three given to him personally by Paul Annacone....I'll never sell or trade this Prostaff, or a gently used Prince Boron that my friend in North Carolina sent me as a free gift...those things are worth millions to my soul, tens of millions...