PDA

View Full Version : These Miami courts are terrible

Cesc Fabregas
04-03-2009, 09:11 AM
I don't know why but these Miami courts have produced terrible standard of tennis hardly any winners and buckets of unforced errors and the matches have been awful with the exception of Monflis and Safin (and that was only good because it dramatic the standard wasn't that high) next year they need to change these courts.

drakulie
04-03-2009, 09:44 AM
I suppose the players have nothing to do with the standard of tennis being played. :roll:

bad_call
04-03-2009, 09:50 AM
hot and humid weather...tough conditions to play in especially on hard courts.

RalphNYC
04-03-2009, 10:03 AM
Yeah those courts - they're to blame!

Nadal_Freak
04-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Humidity and wind are to blame imo.

bluetrain4
04-03-2009, 12:12 PM
A pro tournament has been played in the Miami area for a very long time, and there has been plenty of exceptional tennis despite the conditions. Match quality and tournament quality will always have a natural variance, and maybe this year we're on the bad side of that variance.

Tennisplaya10
04-03-2009, 12:17 PM
yeah the courts dont seem to catalyze exciting rallies. something weird about the courts. dunno.
the players dont seem very animated either. the atmosphere is lame. dunno

chrisdaniel
04-03-2009, 12:37 PM
Yeah, Whatever.

dextor
04-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Other possibilities: right before FO
right after IW
what ever.

charliefedererer
04-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Humidity and wind are to blame imo.
I was very disappointed that the Indian Wells final was ruined by such gusty winds. Looks like it is happening here again in Miami. It seems like there could be an improvement in stadium design to lessen this effect. I notice both stadiums have gaps between stand sections that can not just let wind in, but produce a swirling Venturi effect. Men's tennis has such big serves and groundstrokes that last second changes in ball direction are going to result in a lot of mishits. There was no wind for the Nadal-Wawrinka match, and it was a great match.

boris becker 1
04-03-2009, 02:31 PM
well murray hasnt had any problem.

he is now going to win the tournament

deltox
04-03-2009, 02:50 PM
It seems like there could be an improvement in stadium design to lessen this effect. I notice both stadiums have gaps between stand sections that can not just let wind in, but produce a swirling Venturi effect. .

i would have thought a fully encircled stadium would increase the swirling winds effect

TheNatural
04-03-2009, 03:54 PM
classical technique works better in the wind, with a bit of wind the guys just shank too much with the big swings and modern grips.

Max G.
04-03-2009, 04:24 PM
I think the players are at fault.

Everyone who loses this year at Miami shouldn't be allowed back.

Justin
04-03-2009, 05:40 PM
it has been so hot and humid here lately...it is ridiculous. and i am in central-east florida. i was playing a varsity tennis match for my high school yesterday, and i thought i was going to die after one set. lol it is like playing in a steam room. the air is very heavy. it has got to be even more miserable in key biscayne. and of course, there's the wind.

Blade0324
04-03-2009, 06:11 PM
It is most certainly the humid heavy conditions and wind that have made it difficult for players. Those who are saying that it's the courts etc. really have no clue. Also a comment was made about the atmosphere being lame...actually it has been amazing. Very high energy crowds. Players seen subdued because they are conserving energy due to the conditions. The tennis has been really quite good I have to say. Are you looking for SV tennis or something.

Tshooter
04-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Don't know what tournament you were watching. There were a lot of good matches. As for the players not being animated. You must have missed Youzhny go down to Berdych.

www.proTennisPhotos.com

Tennisplaya10
04-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Yeah, Whatever.

wow u managed to put two words together. we are improving!

Eviscerator
04-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Thread rating 1/10