PDA

View Full Version : Murray's Attitude

Nadalfan89
04-03-2009, 10:18 AM
"Many expected a bruising encounter similar to their fourth round match at the Australian Open, but this was a world away.

It was so easy in fact, that we were treated to Andy humming along to Coldplay as Verdasco took a medical timeout at the end of the first set.

More benevolent observers may point to the hamstring strain Verdasco picked up as reason for his capitulation, but like the hamstring, that would be stretching it.

The reality is, he just wasn't at the races mentally, throwing in a huge amount of errors on serve, and off the ground. The much talked up forehand was well below par, and Andy gave him nothing, and took plenty."

Straight from AndyMurray.com

When he lost to Nadal in Indian Wells, they bacially made the match out to be a "contest" of who the wind treated better.

Anyone think Murray is just a brat that can't give his opponents any respect?

Tennisplaya10
04-03-2009, 11:13 AM
i think he does give his opponents respect and he is a fair player.
but he is a bit of a brat like many spoiled kids in the uk. they think they are the s*&*t.
but they change eventually. give him a bit more time. he needs to mature.

Feņa14
04-03-2009, 11:43 AM
I think he gives plenty of respect to his opponents. He is quite well known for his presentation speeches where he gives credit where it's due, often having a little humorous dig at himself if he's lost.

You do realise that nowhere in what you have posted did he have a bash at Verdasco, right? It was just a little match description from someone who works for the site and to be honest, it's not far wrong.

Murray put the ball exactly where Verdasco didn't want it and he couldn't cope.. simple.

slicefox
04-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Murray is a brat, and he has a ***goty game style.

Djokovic and Federer are the top 2 with the best styles. Followed by Wawrinka, Tsonga, Davydenko, Verdasco

roundiesee
04-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Murray does have an "attitude" on court I think, but it is this attitude that has brought him success; Whether it is natural or just contrived, it seems to help him concentrate and win matches. Guess he won't be changing what's not broke...

carlos djackal
04-03-2009, 04:56 PM
I never like Murray's attitude, he's like a spoiled brat but i like his game and i give him credit for breaking out and improving...

flyer
04-03-2009, 09:30 PM
are you guys forgetting his loss to verdasco at the ao when even though he was sick he gave complete credit to verdasco

Lsmkenpo
04-04-2009, 07:00 PM
I hated his on court attitude a couple years ago when Gilbert was coaching him, doesn't seem nearly as bad now.

miniRafa386
04-04-2009, 07:02 PM
I hated his on court attitude a couple years ago when Gilbert was coaching him, doesn't seem nearly as bad now.

i must say, murray has matured A LOT since his first days on tour. definitely more than djokovic, who seems to go backwards in terms of maturity sometimes

kungfusmkim
04-04-2009, 07:41 PM
i think all the guy in the top 5 of he ATP right now are just whiny, cocky, arrogant and stuck up.

Joseph L. Barrow
04-04-2009, 08:14 PM
He has a bit of an edge to him, but nothing over-the-top. Maybe if I were down there on the court and could see up close what he does, it would bother me, but as a spectator, it only adds a little spice to the contest. I haven't seen Murray do anything I found terribly offensive.
As for the article, you're saying that Murray is a brat who can't give credit to his opponents because the articles about his matches on his website are apologetic towards him?! What would you expect? You realize, he doesn't actually write those things. For the most part, Murray doesn't seem to be one of the bigger excuse-makers; apparently he was even sick in Australia when he lost to Verdasco, but never mentioned it publicly after the match.