PDA

View Full Version : How much Control actually In Babolat PC Team Standard?

Five0 40Love
03-09-2005, 04:04 AM
I was wondering if this actually a massive power frame bc of Woofer like the Drive is or it actually does have a lot of control? Does anyone know from experience what kind of player this racket is for?

Grimjack
03-09-2005, 04:19 AM
I felt it played kind of like a less solid, less friendly 6.1 Classic.

Which isn't to say the PC is a bad stick. I felt the 6.1C was an exceptionally solid, very friendly frame, so being less so isn't a knock on the PC, so much as a relative description.

That said, like the 6.1, I feel the PC could be comfortably used by almost any kind of player. It served well, hit consistently from the back, and didn't make my already-poor volleys any worse than they already are. (I do remember my slice BH wasn't all I wanted it to be during my brief stint with the PC, but that's a minor complaint.)

Probably worth a demo almost no matter what style game you play, if the specs are in your wheelhouse, and you're say 4.0 up.

amadextor
03-09-2005, 01:11 PM
I didn't like it, just felt it had no control at all. Really wierd frame, ou if frustration I broke it on one ocasion. Didn't like Pure Drive neither. No more Babolats for me...Just do not believe in their Frames, although I really admire F Gonzales.

Colpo
03-09-2005, 01:21 PM
It's a control frame compared to the other product they make. When it was first named, the other lines Bab produced were "Drive" and "Power." The Control series has always had the smallest heads and the thinnest beams, although some might not find the head to be that small/controllable or the beam to be that thin.

Shaolin
03-09-2005, 06:55 PM
My normal racquet is a 6.1 classic and I hit w/ my friends PC the last 2 times we played. Its more powerful than my 6.1 but still comfortable and really easy to generate spin. If you have a big game you will want to use a low lowered string or high tension. I think it would hit amazing strung in the mid to high 60s with poly.

btw, I think gonzo strings his at 62 w/Luxilon something

ragnaROK
03-09-2005, 07:00 PM
I think it would hit amazing strung in the mid to high 60s with poly.

It is =). But a stiff string on a stiff racket isn't for everybody.

tennisphotog
03-11-2005, 10:33 AM
The PC is a control racquet, but it has a mushier, dampened feel than most player's racquets, due to the woofer I believe. You need to take a good cut at the ball for groundies, but serves have some pop and generate good spin. Volleys are where this racquet lets me down, does not have the feel/touch of some other player's sticks.