PDA

View Full Version : Federer fans are unable to enjoy tennis now? Will recover or no?

rafathegreatest
04-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Roger and out
First, it happened to Rafael Nadal. Now it's Roger Federer who failed to reach the final in Key Biscayne, losing on Friday to third-seeded Novak Djokovic.

When I see this on the front page of Yahoo Tennis, I think 'why did they have to mention Nadal's loss?' (especially when it happened the previous round, so to say he "failed to reach the final" is a bit obscure), I might be reading too much into this but I think Yahoo Tennis doesn't like Nadal, their headlines rarely feature him(for a guy ranked number one) and usually they focus on Federer. Have you noticed this with any other media sites/tv networks?

In my own circle I've noticed the friends who like Federer have completely stopped talking about tennis recently and avoid Nadal like the plague. I think Federer made his fans so obsessed (partly because the media was saying Federer would be the GOAT) that they are unable to enjoy tennis now. If this is the case, will Federer's sizeable fanbase ever recover or has their interest in tennis been scarred forever? As an Agassi fan, I never experienced such devastation when Sampras won the big US Open duels and Wimbledon Final, I just said 'too good'.

DarthFed
04-03-2009, 06:20 PM
Im not enjoying tennis anymore..but it's not Federer...it's this forum

rafathegreatest
04-03-2009, 06:23 PM
More Nadal fans in this forum than Federer?

icedevil0289
04-03-2009, 06:25 PM

when I can't take this forum, I just go to mtf. They do a lot of bashing of all players but its much more funny and light hearted and crazy, lol.

rafathegreatest
04-03-2009, 06:29 PM
I tried mtf but it felt like you could make a perfect point and then someone would just call you a ****** and say some extreme statement about their favorite player. Just felt pointless.

shell
04-03-2009, 06:33 PM
Well, I wouldn't call Nadal too good at this point, so I am not sure what your point is.

DarthFed
04-03-2009, 06:36 PM
when I can't take this forum, I just go to mtf. They do a lot of bashing of all players but its much more funny and light hearted and crazy, lol.

This is how i some up how im feeling using Federer as an example

-Before i came here..i just wanted to watch Roger play
-Now i just want him to win

-Before i came here a federer loss was "meh can't win em all"
-Now a federer loss means i have to sit and watch 2,900,568,367.1 topics about how lucky he is how he's satan and how he dropped the A bomb

-Before i came here i wasn't fond of Rafa
-Now i can't stand the guy but plan to seek him out if i ever get cancer so he can cure me

I don't know if that explains everything but it's the best way i can

seffina
04-03-2009, 06:37 PM

You gave up on the poor chap!

Don't let the forum bog you down. Just stick those that are annoying on your ignore list!

rafathegreatest
04-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Well, I wouldn't call Nadal too good at this point, so I am not sure what your point is.

That's the point I'm making, Federer's fans can't say 'too good Rafa' even if the record is 13-6, very few players in history can own all their rivals.

icedevil0289
04-03-2009, 06:42 PM
This is how i some up how im feeling using Federer as an example

-Before i came here..i just wanted to watch Roger play
-Now i just want him to win

-Before i came here a federer loss was "meh can't win em all"
-Now a federer loss means i have to sit and watch 2,900,568,367.1 topics about how lucky he is how he's satan and how he dropped the A bomb

-Before i came here i wasn't fond of Rafa
-Now i can't stand the guy but plan to seek him out if i ever get cancer so he can cure me

I don't know if that explains everything but it's the best way i can

whoa, you changed your avatar. I guess we could all use a change huh? I get what you're saying. This board can be very tiring at times. I think we spend more time discussing people's personalities than we do about tennis.

icedevil0289
04-03-2009, 06:45 PM
That's the point I'm making, Federer's fans can't say 'too good Rafa' even if the record is 13-6, very few players in history can own all their rivals.

Rafa is too good at this point. Aside from this tournament, he's probably been playing his best hardcourt tennis. Even if some of the fed fans don't aknowledge it, it doesn't take anything away from rafa.

icedevil0289
04-03-2009, 06:47 PM
I tried mtf but it felt like you could make a perfect point and then someone would just call you a ****** and say some extreme statement about their favorite player. Just felt pointless.

lol yeah it is wierd there. You have to be very careful with what you post and logical discussion is a rare. However, if I ever need a good laugh, its a great place to go.

carlos djackal
04-03-2009, 06:49 PM
I think roger will never recover his old self but he can win in spurts maybe even one more GS but never the dominant Fed we used to love.........

DarthFed
04-03-2009, 06:51 PM
whoa, you changed your avatar. I guess we could all use a change huh? I get what you're saying. This board can be very tiring at times. I think we spend more time discussing people's personalities than we do about tennis.

I changed it..because i really just..don't care anymore...

As for what it is...they are two characters from a cartoon about tennis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Prince_of_Tennis) that's ridiculously exaggerated but was responsible for me watching Wimbledon 06..and subsequently getting into the sport

DarthFed
04-03-2009, 06:56 PM
I think roger will never recover his old self but he can win in spurts maybe even one more GS but never the dominant Fed we used to love.........

Lol we've known that since Wimbledon 08

icedevil0289
04-03-2009, 06:59 PM
I changed it..because i really just..don't care anymore...

As for what it is...they are two characters from a cartoon about tennis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Prince_of_Tennis) that's ridiculously exaggerated but was responsible for me watching Wimbledon 06..and subsequently getting into the sport

oh yeah, I've heard of it. Actually I think you mentioned it on this forum before. My suitemates are obsessed with manga so they give me this site where I can read all kinds of things. Maybe I'll start reading it or I'll watch the anime if they have it online. I got into the sport watching wimbledon 2006. My cousin somewhat forced me to watch tennis and I'm glad she did.

devila
04-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Even slightly conceited Federer fans deduced that he's their daddy.
Not even Djokovic gets insulted as much as Roddick.
Everyone knows that Fed and the media used Roddick to make him Mr. Royalty. Roddick bought into the hatred and arrogance, to avoid mature training and reject success in 2004.

DarthFed
04-03-2009, 07:06 PM
oh yeah, I've heard of it. Actually I think you mentioned it on this forum. My suitemates are obsessed with manga so they give me this site where I can read all kinds of things. Maybe I'll start reading it or I'll watch the anime if they have it online. I got into the sport watching wimbledon 2006. My cousin somewhat forced me to watch tennis and I'm glad she did.

You may read it here (http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/)...if you have the time to invest, it starts out somewhat normal, the main character is a lefty prodigy (sound familiar:)) whose best shot is a dangerous kick serve that kicks above the opponents head..it gets really exaggerated later on, going as far as to having a character based off a federer and an exaggerated representation of federers "aura"

icedevil0289
04-03-2009, 07:10 PM
You may read it here (http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/)...if you have the time to invest, it starts out somewhat normal, the main character is a lefty prodigy (sound familiar:)) whose best shot is a dangerous kick serve that kicks above the opponents head..it gets really exaggerated later on, going as far as to having a character based off a federer and an exaggerated representation of federers "aura"

yeah that's the site that my suitemates told me about. I'll definitely check it out, although I've always had trouble reading mangas. I wanted to see it as well, but they only seem to have the japanese version with no english translation. Thanks though.

DarthFed
04-03-2009, 07:21 PM
yeah that's the site that my suitemates told me about. I'll definitely check it out, although I've always had trouble reading mangas. I wanted to see it as well, but they only seem to have the japanese version with no english translation. Thanks though.

It's in english, you just have to read from right to left...it becomes second nature after a while

icedevil0289
04-03-2009, 07:25 PM
It's in english, you just have to read from right to left...it becomes second nature after a while

I know the manga is in english. I'm talking about the show, or the anime. I've been wanting to watch it, but unfortunately all I can find what they have posted on youtube and its all in japanese I think.

Serve_Ace
04-03-2009, 07:39 PM

Good show!

icedevil0289
04-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Good show!

do you know where I can watch it online with english translation?

SaintClaires
04-03-2009, 07:48 PM
Federer will neverer reclaim the number one position.

seffina
04-03-2009, 08:14 PM
do you know where I can watch it online with english translation?http://www.panime.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=466:prince-of-tennis-tv&Itemid=96&layout=default The first 35 episodes at least. I don't care for PoT, although I've gone through phases where I watched a lot of anime in general or read a lot of Manga. I gave the PoT a try and it wasn't for me. I'm generally fond of less than 26 episodes stories. :)

icedevil0289
04-03-2009, 08:15 PM
http://www.panime.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=466:prince-of-tennis-tv&Itemid=96&layout=default The first 35 episodes at least. I don't care for PoT, although I've gone through phases where I watched a lot of anime in general or read a lot of Manga. I gave the PoT a try and it wasn't for me. I'm generally fond of less than 26 episodes stories. :)

thanks seffina!

rubberduckies
04-03-2009, 08:24 PM
I know the manga is in english. I'm talking about the show, or the anime. I've been wanting to watch it, but unfortunately all I can find what they have posted on youtube and its all in japanese I think.

I don't see how anybody who plays tennis can stand to watch that show.
I don't mind all the exaggerated DBZ crap, but I hate watching two guys rally from several feet inside the baseline.

Also, English dubs of anything always suck IMO.

mandy01
04-03-2009, 08:55 PM
More Nadal fans in this forum than Federer?
No..more Nadal trolls in this forum than Federer trolls :wink:

rafathegreatest
04-03-2009, 08:57 PM
No..more Nadal trolls in this forum than Federer trolls :wink:

How can I get to be a troll? I like their hairstyle, at least the trolls I see on pencils look tite as muscle.

mandy01
04-03-2009, 09:00 PM
How can I get to be a troll? I like their hairstyle, at least the trolls I see on pencils look tite as muscle.
ask the trolls not me.They would know a lot better than me..I'm a newbie you see :wink: