PDA

View Full Version : customization question .

hermz
03-09-2005, 05:41 AM
hey guys . seeing that many of you here have lots of knowlege about cutomization of rackets . i've got a question to ask .

i'm currently using a hyper hammer 6.3 midplus . i've added lead tape to the handle to counter the " hammer" function . i've also added four pieces of swingweights to 11 and 1 o'clock positions .

the stick feels pretty solid now except for the string . i'm usin a pacific hybrid now and cant seem to get any power from my serve .

previously when my stick was without swing weights ( head ligh balance ) . my serve and overheads were powerful and deep .

now that i've added swingweight , and changed strings , i cant seem to get any power on serves and overheads .

my volleys also don't feel as solid compared to the time when my stick was stock .

i also wanna know how to make my grip shape rounder . i'm currently usin a wilson solution replacement grip . no overgrip .

i was wondering if it was :

1. an arm which is too weak .
2.uneven balancing . (my friend's stock surge works like a charm . )
3. strings which do not suit my game .
4.i need a head light stick .

any form of help is definitel appreciated . it'll be great if i can customise my stick to my exact need and do not neet to buy a new stick .

thanks in advance !

ChrisNC
03-09-2005, 05:59 AM
A stock Hyper Hammer 6.3 MP is 8 points head heavy. I'm guessing that unless you have a ton of lead in that handle, that w\ 4 sets of swing weights @ 1 & 11, your stick is VERY head heavy. Your serve probably has no power on it because you can't generate the racquet head speed w\ it that head heavy.

Personally, I'd go back to stock and start slow. If you're looking to make the stick less head heavy, start by adding a little lead to the handle and play with it. If you need more, add a little more until it feels the way you want it to.

Steve Huff
03-09-2005, 11:20 AM
Chris is probably right about you increasing the swingweight too much. Another possibility is that with weight added so high in the face of the stringbed, you've actually moved your sweetspot out of your hitting zone. I'd bring the weight in the head down to 3 and 9, or at least 2 and 10.