PDA

View Full Version : Old New Federer!!!

votin123
04-04-2009, 03:18 PM
I saw the highlight match between Novak Djkovic VS Roger Federer and i saw Federer smashed his racket. I haven't seen that since he started became a pro on the tour. But long ago i read this article about him and it showed that the path that he took look very similar right now. From what i see, Federer just need a break from tennis, take some Yoga class or go to the beach with his girlfriend then get back on the tour. Well not literally not play for 2 years but he needs to relax from the stress right now. I believe he will get back up again and beat Pete Sampras Slam Record or maybe beat Nadal at French Open.
http://www.**************.com/roger-federer.html

NOTE: replace **** with tennis.mind.game ( take out the period)

VivalaVida
04-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Why did people vote no, with the way federer played yesterday, I would say he has massive room for improvement.

Mungo73
04-04-2009, 03:57 PM
the new federer aka fatherer is more agressive

msc886
04-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Anyone think's he'll pull an Agassi? Go down and come back? Or Sampras and pull a slam out of nowhere.

S H O W S T O P P E R !
04-04-2009, 05:38 PM
When he had that "back injury," his conditioning coach said that he was really fine, just taking a break. Federer could take more vacation time but then he would probably fall to 3 or 4, maybe even 5.

SaintClaires
04-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Anyone think's he'll pull an Agassi? Go down and come back? Or Sampras and pull a slam out of nowhere.

One thing we can be certain of is that Federer will not pull a slam out of nowhere.

To do that, Nadal, Djokovic, Murray, and Rik de Voest would have to be injured.

Lsmkenpo
04-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Federer is losing because of unforced errors plan and simple, Unforced , it is mental. if all of the top 5 were to play to their highest level against each other, Federer beats them all pretty easily.

Bud
04-04-2009, 06:14 PM

IMO, he needs to take time off from the tour. Perhaps, missing it will motivate him to look at the experience differently, like Agassi. Currently, he looks miserable every time he's on court and is in the midst of a major downhill slide.

In addition, their baby is due in the summer... a few months away and that will further increase the pressure on him right around RG and Wimbledon. I don't see any good coming from him continuing to play a full schedule in 2009.

Joseph L. Barrow
04-04-2009, 06:57 PM
I'm sure he'll have many, many performances better than this last one again, but if you're asking whether his overall standard of play is going to increase again, I doubt it. He's making the semis or finals of virtually every major tournament as it is- he would have to start regularly winning them again in order to really be seen as having made a significant improvement in his overall standard results-wise, and there are guys there blocking him now who it seems unlikely he's going to consistently turn the tables on.

miniRafa386
04-04-2009, 07:15 PM
fed just needs to take pressure off himself- he has way to much self-applied pressure to get the 14 and break it. he needs to take it one point at a time, one game at time, one match at a time, and see where that will take him.

fed should honestly just screw with the rankings and not go full force in these masters. he needs to focus on the slams.

RFRF
04-04-2009, 08:50 PM
we havnt seen rogers best tennis yet. just wait!

Lsmkenpo
04-04-2009, 08:58 PM
His standard of play was higher than anyone else in the history of the game for years, will he eclipse that? probably not, will any other player eclipse it, probably not.

quest01
04-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Look Federer had his time in the sun where he dominated for years, maybe its time to put this all into perspective and realize his game is going downhill as they say **** rolls downhill and this may be a relevant case of reality.

votin123
04-05-2009, 06:47 AM

Totally Agree, people used to love Federer because he beated a lot of guys on the tour now when he is going downhill people are just like "omg he is so suck now".

danb
04-05-2009, 08:05 AM
Fed will only get worse. One year from now he won't be in top 5.

Safinator_1
04-05-2009, 08:06 AM

Waiting... still waiting.... i have been waiting since USO how long does he expect me to keep waiting and with clay around the corner no less

Safinator_1
04-05-2009, 08:07 AM
Totally Agree, people used to love Federer because he beated a lot of guys on the tour now when he is going downhill people are just like "omg he is so suck now".

i have never loved Federer for making tennis boring and 1 sided. and i say he is playing very badly because he just can't beat any of his rivals anymore

danb
04-05-2009, 08:09 AM
Federer is losing because of unforced errors plan and simple, Unforced , it is mental. if all of the top 5 were to play to their highest level against each other, Federer beats them all pretty easily.

Unforced errors are because:
1) The youngsters (Murray Rafa Joker) play at a level he's never dealt with
2) He can't time the huge spin from these above guys
3) Part of the errors are mental - he runs out of options against these good players and has no real weapon (his forehand can't be called a weapon when he misses so many). Plus his serve is nowhere to be found when he needs it.

danb
04-05-2009, 08:17 AM
His standard of play was higher than anyone else in the history of the game for years, will he eclipse that? probably not, will any other player eclipse it, probably not.

Nope - he was just the most boring in the history of tennis.
Do you want to see great players? Watch Pete, Laver, Borg, MacEnroe, etc players that had a very competitive field.
Fed is a baseline basher - that's it. Now would be a good time in his career to S&V but he doesn't have the skills.

TennezSport
04-05-2009, 09:05 AM
Unforced errors are because:
1) The youngsters (Murray Rafa Joker) play at a level he's never dealt with
While this is not true, it would be listed as a FORCED error, not unforced; please check your definitions.

2) He can't time the huge spin from these above guys
Once again, this would be listed as FORCED errors if it were true.

3) Part of the errors are mental - he runs out of options against these good players and has no real weapon (his forehand can't be called a weapon when he misses so many). Plus his serve is nowhere to be found when he needs it.
Now this is a true statement in that Fed has lost confidence and is making uncharacteristic UNFORCED errors. He has plenty of options against all of these players as he almost always plays them close even when not playing well; getting great leads and then losing them is all about concentration and confidence. Fed is suffereing from burnout and if/when he gets over it, better look out.

Nope - he was just the most boring in the history of tennis. Do you want to see great players? Watch Pete, Laver, Borg, McEnroe, etc players that had a very competitive field. Fed is a baseline basher - that's it. Now would be a good time in his career to S&V but he doesn't have the skills.

That's a funny statement as all of the players in your list have all said that Fed is the greatest player they have ever seen play the game. Looks like you don't really know about Fed at all. Remember that Fed beat Pete at W playing S&V, so he knows how to play that style. However, with todays homogenized slow surfaces S&V is very difficult to play all the time.

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

everyday09
04-05-2009, 12:01 PM
While this is not true, it would be listed as a FORCED error, not unforced; please check your definitions.

Once again, this would be listed as FORCED errors if it were true.

Now this is a true statement in that Fed has lost confidence and is making uncharacteristic UNFORCED errors. He has plenty of options against all of these players as he almost always plays them close even when not playing well; getting great leads and then losing them is all about concentration and confidence. Fed is suffereing from burnout and if/when he gets over it, better look out.

That's a funny statement as all of the players in your list have all said that Fed is the greatest player they have ever seen play the game. Looks like you don't really know about Fed at all. Remember that Fed beat Pete at W playing S&V, so he knows how to play that style. However, with todays homogenized slow surfaces S&V is very difficult to play all the time.

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

atta boy, I second this.