PDA

View Full Version : POG one stripes?

meowmix
04-05-2009, 03:49 PM
A guy on Craigslist is selling a pair to me for a decent price. I'm getting 1 1stripe, grommetless and 1 1stripe with single grommets. From what I've dug up, it seems like these will be heavy beasts, with similarities to the Graphite Matrices I play now. Can somebody give me some more info?

pshulam
04-06-2009, 06:14 AM
Check out the discussions in this thread:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=247923

Kirko
04-06-2009, 10:43 PM
A guy on Craigslist is selling a pair to me for a decent price. I'm getting 1 1stripe, grommetless and 1 1stripe with single grommets. From what I've dug up, it seems like these will be heavy beasts, with similarities to the Graphite Matrices I play now. Can somebody give me some more info?

the one stripe was the fav. of Gene Mayer even after the bumperguard verison was intro.

MichaelChang
04-07-2009, 09:55 AM

I suppose you getting 2 POG 1stripe Oversize. I didn't know Graphite Matrix has Oversize. FYI the POG OS will be totally different to Graphite Matrix 85.

When you buying individual grommet POG, I think most likely the individual grommets are NOT in good shape. And it is a pain to replace them. The current POG OS grommet stripe will not fit in there. You have to buy fittex individual grommets, and it cost some money, and people have reported they tend to chip away after couple of month. So, unless the POG frame is really in great shape, otherwise...

pshulam
04-12-2009, 05:13 AM

Have you purchased 1-stripe POG? If so, is it in good shape? Is it heavier than the Matrix? What's price?

I am debating whether to get a 1-stripe (POG3-grommet + head guard ) or 4-stripe (POG4 - grommet + head guard). The POG4, lighter and stiffer, is thought to be the 'best' POG ever made.:confused:

plasma
04-12-2009, 07:48 AM
not heavy at all, ok so they are heavy, but only to mortal men, I stopped playing the 4 stripe cause it was too unmanuverable for doubles attack ( or I was simply too immature to prepare early). I traded it too a friend. To be perfectly honest there are fiancees and lovers who I don't miss as much as that racquet. Recently I met a local seller who gave me a 1 stripe 90 (waiting to string it and fall in love again!). Anything over 85 is too fat and unatractive. There are still two 90's out there who I would looove to be loyal to ( I realize that not having them in my life now is a deep and lonely mistake), a unique skinny sensetive Austrian girl with Fishnets and weird cosmetics (FVP, or FVC90), And a girl who was born in The USA originally but migrated to China early on....I'm talkin about the real POG, can you say "Marriage Material"?, talk about a humble and perfect racquet...

pshulam
04-12-2009, 07:57 AM
^thank you for the insight. POG is worth a try.

plasma
04-12-2009, 08:11 AM
POG is the only racquet I can think of (besides the Borg Comp mid); with much more Plough thru, feel and dwell time than the ps 85. This is the last racquet you will ever need. It is a Legend, GOAT status.