PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a best midplus racquet

MarkOzi
03-09-2005, 10:52 AM
any recommendations for a best midplus racquet:
flexi, large sweetspt, arm-elbow-friendly with good manueverability, spin poten, control and playability ofc.

Kaptain Karl
03-09-2005, 12:04 PM
What level player are you?
How do you swing for your shots? (Short & Quick? Long & Flowing? ...)
What have you been using?
Why don't you like it?
What would you hope a new racket would do to improve your game?

- KK

MarkOzi
03-09-2005, 12:19 PM
[QUOTE=Kaptain Karl]What level player are you? I'm 3,0.
How do you swing for your shots? (Short & Quick? Long & Flowing? ...) Long full swing.
What have you been using? LIQ Radical MP
Why don't you like it? elbow problem.
What would you hope a new racket would do to improve your game? more quick. :|

Kaptain Karl
03-09-2005, 03:14 PM
Mark - I'd suggest you look at racquets like the following:
...Yonex V-Con 17 MP
...Pro Kennex Ki 5
...Yonex RDX-500 MP
...Volkl Tour 10 MP

Unfortunately, our personal preferences are such that these can only give you some kind of starting point. Don't expect any of these to be THE answer yet. Give them a decent trial ... and if you'd like to report back, great.

- KK

moosryan
03-09-2005, 03:25 PM
i was actually gonna suggest the radical mp....maybe not felxy enough for you though....maybe try the ncode 6.1?

why don't you tell us what you don't like about the radical?

MarkOzi
03-09-2005, 04:05 PM
yes, first Rad is to much stiff for me and the next probl. it is high shock impact at my one-hended beckh. hitting.

03-09-2005, 04:41 PM
maybe the new genII volkl.

Marius_Hancu
03-09-2005, 04:52 PM
Becker's Estusa Power Beam Pro (I am using one) is a very nice racket.
Large sweetspot.
Check it at TW.
Stiffness is 66, but it never bothered me, and I'm sensitive.

But the ProK and Volkls suggestions are good ones.

AndrewD
03-09-2005, 11:42 PM
Actually, as Ive found out - much to my disappointment- one of the questions we need to put to someone, when they ask for racquet suggestions, is 'What country are you in?'.

The T10mpGenII and the C10 might be great suggestions for someone but if they're in Australia they wont be able to buy the racquet (Volkl dont distribute those models to Australia). So, unless you can hit with an old T10mp and want to take a punt on the newer version, or just want to take a chance, you'll be a bit stuck.

Perhaps the T10mp V-engine could be one to look at. Or, if you did like the LM Rad and it was only arm problems you had with it, perhaps check out the Dunlop 300G. Same stiffness but felt it played quite a lot softer and thought it was a better all-around frame.

aj_m2009
03-10-2005, 01:02 AM
I agree with the RDX 500 MP suggestion.

Mies
03-10-2005, 03:04 AM
I'd suggest the Volkl Tour 10 MP gen II. I think it will meet all the criteria you mentioned, however, you will have to see for yourself if you like the feel. I do, obviously :D.. Problem might be that it is heavier than your current frame. You will have to see for yourself if that's ok for you.

The RDX 500 MP might be a suggestion, but I haven't hit with it. I only played with the RDX 500 mid and that too was a comfy, flexy and manouverable frame, but I found the feel to be a bit too muted and I prefer a larger headsize.

Regards,
Maurice

P.S. I play with a one handed bh as well and the racket performs excellent both on top spin and slice backhands.

AndrewD
03-10-2005, 03:29 AM
Mies,
out of curiousity, what surface do you play your tennis on?
Im getting a Gen II (tomorrow hopefully) and play almost exclusively on Rebound Ace (same surface as Oz Open) so its a medium fast kind of surface. Was wondering if the majority of people who've had good experiences with the Gen II are playing on something slow like clay or something faster like a hard court.

Mies
03-10-2005, 06:29 AM
Andrew,

During the winter season (oktober-march) I play mostly on carpet, which is considerably faster than clay. Occasionally, I play on some kind of hardcourt (also indoors) but I don't know what type it is. It is quite a bit faster than the carpet though. I have no problems with timing with the Volkl other than those during the adjustment period which you always have for 15 mins or so when switching between court types. It is a very manouverable, stable and comfy frame.

During the outdoor season (starting april 1st) I play mostly on clay and occasionally on (uhm, I don't know the English term so I'll translate literally from the Dutch word) "artificial grass". Both are slower than the carpet (and thus also than the hardcourt) I play on in winter, so I expect no problems with my timing since I'll have even more time. We will have to see how the racket performs during a typical clay match, but I'm confident it will do fine. I'm more of an all-court player anyways so I tend to avoid those 30-hit-baseline rallys.

Hope this helped,
Regards,
Maurice

Cruzer
03-10-2005, 12:31 PM
I would recommend the Yonex RDX 300 SM over the Yonex RDX 500 for someone at your level.

volleyman
03-10-2005, 02:09 PM
You might try the ProKennex Core1 #6 or #10. I've used the #10 and found it quite arm-friendly.

daveyboy
03-11-2005, 06:26 AM
Give the new Prince Air DB a go around... more stable than the Warrior or the DB 800 because of the sweet spot expansion system.. Nice on groundies and on volleys, and I can crank up on serve with it.