PDA

View Full Version : Simon: a force on clay this year?

VictorS.
04-05-2009, 10:32 PM
I really didn't watch Giles Simon play a whole lot last year until after the US Open. I'm curious to see how he does in the clay season. Looking at his results from last year, he didn't appear to do too well (on clay). However, he did win two clay titles (Morrocco & Buchurest). His tremendous speed & consistency should be great assets on clay. His wippy backhand though is quite flat imo.

Opinions/Predictions?

patrick922
04-06-2009, 07:58 AM
i think his strokes are not heavy enough on the clay. he might have the same problem that hewitt had. hewitt was speedy and consistent but his strokes did not penetrate the clay. (not enough spin)

SaintClaires
04-06-2009, 08:12 AM
Looking at the title of this thread......

I never thought the words "Simon" and "force" could be used in the same sentence. :twisted:

DavidGarcia
04-06-2009, 09:01 AM
He won in Casablanca las year therefore he can play on clay but dont think he will be a force though. There are better clay players than him out there.

P_Agony
04-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Simon has the agility and fitness, but like someone said his strokes might not work as well on a clay court.

Cesc Fabregas
04-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Simon has the agility and fitness, but like someone said his strokes might not work as well on a clay court.

Exactly the same for Murray imo.