PDA

View Full Version : Year in review (so far)

richied
04-06-2009, 03:20 AM
Fed's playing like my mum, except mum is hitting cleaner.
Nadal's solid, but he doesn't make me want to get out bed to watch him play.
Roddick-same, same except a little fitter.
Doko's-playing crap-in fact the Fed match summed up my view on tennis so far this year. Doko played crap, Fed played crap, but Fed out crapped him, so Doko won.

Or am I being to harsh?

wow246
04-06-2009, 03:24 AM
U hit the nail riiiiight on the head!!

Not many exciting matches this season so far.

The AUS open final is overrated i never for a second thought nadal was gona lose even wen they went into the 5th.

THe only exciting match of the whole year everyone will agree is nadal vs verdasco.

paulorenzo
04-06-2009, 03:56 AM
U hit the nail riiiiight on the head!!

Not many exciting matches this season so far.

The AUS open final is overrated i never for a second thought nadal was gona lose even wen they went into the 5th.

THe only exciting match of the whole year everyone will agree is nadal vs verdasco.

Verdasco v. Murray was a thriller too, but verdasco's epic with nadal is definitely staying on my dvr for a while.

and you are kidding about the bolded part right? it wasn't an upset, but neither was a heavy favorite. the match was surely a toss up. from the beginning.

caulcano
04-06-2009, 03:59 AM
Doko's-playing crap-in fact the Fed match summed up my view on tennis so far this year. Doko played crap, Fed played crap, but Fed out crapped him, so Doko won.

Or am I being to harsh?

Not harsh at all. I'd add the following:

Murray: solid as Nadal. But to me, boring to watch.

wow246
04-06-2009, 04:00 AM
Naaa not kidding just had that feeling from the first set. Didn't think nadal was going to lose gut instinct, he looked in control whole match even the 2 sets he lost still looked in control!!

paulorenzo
04-06-2009, 04:22 AM
Naaa not kidding just had that feeling from the first set. Didn't think nadal was going to lose gut instinct, he looked in control whole match even the 2 sets he lost still looked in control!!
in "control!!" the whole match?
yeh, no.
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l207/emamexicana/Picture4.png
you must have gotten so inspired from that match that you decided to join this forum huh?

veroniquem
04-06-2009, 03:26 PM

Or am I being to harsh?
I see you forgot to mention Murray. Is it because he's playing like your dad? :)

P_Agony
04-06-2009, 03:36 PM

Or am I being to harsh?

Wow, spot on.

Federer and Djokovic are playing like crap. Murray and Nadal are very solid but to me Nadal's matches are a borefest.

tudwell
04-06-2009, 03:50 PM
You guys are forgetting the most momentous occasion of the year: the future-GOAT Dimitrov played number 1 Rafael Nadal and out of courtesy to him let him win (how embarrassing it would have been to lose!).

gj011
04-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Too harsh for Djokovic. He is not playing like crap. Just made it to the final of Masters, recently won Dubai, ... The only problem for him are health related heat issues which cost him better result on AO and possible Miami.

Again Djokovic gets no respect and recognition.

jamesblakefan#1
04-06-2009, 03:55 PM
You guys are forgetting the most momentous occasion of the year: the future-GOAT Dimitrov played number 1 Rafael Nadal and out of courtesy to him let him win (how embarrassing it would have been to lose!).

And dont forget about Ernests Gulbis. He's just lettin Nadal and the boys win, until he goes on his eventual 40 SLAM WIN STREAK with his 200 MPH FOREHAND! GOAT!!!!!!!!!

Nadalfan89
04-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Nadal's pin-point passing shots, ridiculous angles and 4000 rpm topspin should be exciting enough. What do you guys want him to do? Straighten out his forehand, get a heavy raquette, hit a 1HBH and start losing matches for your enjoyment?

Murray and Djoker are 10x more boring than Nadal.

dincuss
04-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Nadal's pin-point passing shots, ridiculous angles and 4000 rpm topspin should be exciting enough. What do you guys want him to do? Straighten out his forehand, get a heavy raquette, hit a 1HBH and start losing matches for your enjoyment?

Murray and Djoker are 10x more boring than Nadal.

Yes they are, Djokovic is only exciting to watch when he plays good. And that hasnt happened in a while.

tudwell
04-06-2009, 07:44 PM
And dont forget about Ernests Gulbis. He's just lettin Nadal and the boys win, until he goes on his eventual 40 SLAM WIN STREAK with his 200 MPH FOREHAND! GOAT!!!!!!!!!
No, Gulbis is overrated.

jamesblakefan#1
04-06-2009, 08:49 PM
No, Gulbis is overrated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

Chelsea_Kiwi
04-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Too harsh for Djokovic. He is not playing like crap. Just made it to the final of Masters, recently won Dubai, ... The only problem for him are health related heat issues which cost him better result on AO and possible Miami.

Again Djokovic gets no respect and recognition. Doesn't matter what issues he has, he has to get over them he is playing crap. It's like saying that Nadal has stuffed knees, atleast he gets over his issues, so don't use fitness problems as every player has fitness issues.

rafan
04-07-2009, 06:06 AM
Slight change of subject. I have an e-mail asking if I want to buy Barclay ATP world tour tickets which will be held in London this year as you know. Have missed the chance for the semi and finals but would hope to chose a day when Nadal plays. Does number one open the tournament on the first day as I cannot remember - would be pleased if someone could enlighten me - regards!

gj011
04-07-2009, 06:29 AM
Doesn't matter what issues he has, he has to get over them he is playing crap. It's like saying that Nadal has stuffed knees, atleast he gets over his issues, so don't use fitness problems as every player has fitness issues.

First it is not a fitness issue, and second Djokovic is not playing like crap. He won Dubai and TMC, just made it to the final in Miami, ...

Tennis_Maestro
04-07-2009, 06:42 AM
This is the worst analysis of anything i've ever heard/read and i can't actually believe poster's are replying.

tennis_hand
04-07-2009, 07:01 AM

Or am I being to harsh?

Man, you are the GOAT. You done everything.

plus, Murray played well, I can watch him, but I don't want to see his face.
i still prefer to watch Fed play, because his game is beautiful, until those mishits and losses.