PDA

View Full Version : T-10 gen II vs LM radical midplus

IN210S
03-09-2005, 12:30 PM
Just got off the court with my LM rad mp and noticed some elbow pain. I love the stability and power of the radical, but I'm in no condition to have any more joints causing me problems. My question is if anyone has had any direct comparison with these two racquets. Specifically:
1) power
2)stability
3) comfort

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

moosryan
03-09-2005, 02:26 PM
what string are you using. this could be an issue.

IN210S
03-09-2005, 02:37 PM
I'm using BB ALU rough 17 gauge at about mid tension. These strings have been on the racquet for some time (approx 5 months).

IN210S
03-09-2005, 08:58 PM
OK, maybe I need to be more clear. Does anyone know how the T-10 gen II compares to the LM Radical mp in power and control?

AndrewD
03-09-2005, 10:34 PM
IN210S,

Im sure quite a few people will be able to help you out with this or there might be an already existing thread. However, if you still want a bit of input I'll be hitting with a T10 GenII on Saturday and Sunday so can give you my impressions then. Ive had quite lengthy hitting sessions with the LM Rad mp, so have a pretty good idea of how it plays (also had a little elbow soreness after using it) and will at least be able to give the impressions of someone in the 3.0-4.0 range which might correspond to your playing level, if you like.

Prior to hitting though my expectations are that the LM is more powerful and the Gen II more comfortable based on the stiffness rating for each frame. In terms of stability Im not expecting a great deal of difference and expect the Gen II to be a very solid and stable frame, just as I found the LM Rad mp.

IN210S
03-09-2005, 11:07 PM
Thanks, I will be very interested in your impression. I will be at the Pacific life open all of next week and will see if I can get on a terminal to check the reply. I've been tempted with the specs of the tour edition of the LM radical, but I keep hearing things on the volkl t-10 gen II. I've tried the v-engine tour 10 and tour 9 but didn't like the feel. Can't wait to get my hands on one as well.

BreakPoint
03-09-2005, 11:58 PM
Well, if you didn't like the feel of the Tour 10 MP V-Engine at all, you may not like the T10MP Gen II either. They both have fiberglass in them so they both have a very soft, flexy, muted feel which is not for everybody. I think the people who like that kind of feel the most are people who grew up playing with wood racquets. Did you play with a wood racquet for many years?

AndrewD
03-10-2005, 03:31 AM
BreakPoint,

I think you're spot on there (at least Im hoping you are). I was taught to play using a wooden racquet then moved to a Dunlop 200G (old Mac and Graf one) and hit with the Prince Graphite Pro and Rossignol F200 in between. When I started up tennis again at the end of last year/start of this year after a very lengthy 16 year layoff I just couldn't get used to the new racquets. The main reason, I believe, is that I was missing the softer, muted feel of wood and the other flexy racquets I had used. Now Im hoping the Gen II will bring back some of that feel.

Didn't like the T10mp V-engine first time I tried it but second time out began to feel how good it can be (beautiful racquet at net and like a sythe on slice backhands). A touch stiffer than I prefer (thats the 'v-engine') so decided to try the v-less Gen II. Still, you can adapt even if you prefer that wood-like feel. Ive been using a POG OS and am just getting used to the feel even though it is a lot 'sharper' than Im accustomed to. Only changing because I dont think the OS is the best thing for my game and the Gen II came on offer.

BreakPoint
03-10-2005, 10:03 AM
Andrew,
So how do you like the Gen II compared to your POG and the T10MP V-Engine?

BTW, I also went from using the Dunlop Maxply Fort woodie for over 10 years to using the Dunlop Max 200G for 13 years. They sure don't make racquets like that anymore. :( The PS 6.0 95 was about as close as I could find.

AndrewD
03-10-2005, 03:13 PM
BreakPoint,
I'll let you know hopefully after tomorrow. It still hasn't arrived yet but if Im lucky it will be here this afternoon. Im only into the 5th week back after my absence from the game so dont think it will be difficult to change from the POG OS to the Gen II. Wanted to give something with a bit more flex and a smaller midplus head a try now before I became totally settled on the OS.

I'll be very interested to see how the GenII goes at net. The v-engine was very nice but has, I think, quite a unique feeling. Seems to feel very firm in the lower part of the head (closest to the v) but not quite as stable higher up. Possibly that's the v-engine stiffening the frame but more so in the lower portion. Felt quite 'whippy' on forehands and I seemed to generate a lot of power on that side but, strangely, far more when I was hitting with a continental-eastern forehand rather than a semi-western. Blocked serves, especially on the backhand were razor sharp and generated a lot of punch. Couldnt fully access the power on serve but it is there and would most likely benefit from a livelier string than the one in my demo frame.

IN210S
03-12-2005, 08:39 PM
Thaks for the responses. I did grow up playing with a wooden Jack Kramer pro. I will add that I play tested a c-10 pro some time ago and really liked it, so the volkl feel and sound is a +. It was just something about the v-engine. Just got back from Indian Wells. TW was there. Had my hands on a flexpoint radical tour. Bought it (the last one). However, when I went to pick it up, they gave me a flexpoint rad os. They gave mine to someone else. Oh well, I'll be back this week. Hopefully the guy returns mine :D