PDA

View Full Version : coast guard tennis

dr_punk
04-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Does anyone know about the program? how it works? etc?

duso
04-07-2009, 04:37 AM
Does anyone know about the program? how it works? etc?

are you talking about the Academy, or the Coast Guard in general?

dr_punk
04-07-2009, 07:51 AM
I'm talking about the tennis team, and how they work.

duso
04-07-2009, 08:04 AM
Help me out, are you talking about the tennis team at the Academy? Or, a team within the Coast Guard? I will show my bias, as the Coast Guard is the most elite of all service branches, with an active mission. Over the years they had some truly outstanding players. I recall about twenty years ago, they had an enlisted man stationed in Kenosha, Wisconsin that was #1 in men's in Wisconsin. He had come from North Carolina, had gone to college at I believe Wake, did two years, and then enlisted, got assigned to USCG station Kenosha.

dr_punk
04-07-2009, 02:08 PM
As far as I know, there's only one coast guard tennis team that's mentioned in their athletics page and they're located in New london, CT. Thats the team I'm referring to - What the program is like, how it works, etc

Bash and Crash
04-07-2009, 03:00 PM
looks like they are part of the NEWMAC, D3 program, so no athletic scolarship, I think you need a letter of recommendation from local officials or higher to help with admission..

duso
04-07-2009, 05:01 PM
looks like they are part of the NEWMAC, D3 program, so no athletic scolarship, I think you need a letter of recommendation from local officials or higher to help with admission..
Its the same as West Point. Its a service academy. Top education, but you must return six years service following graduation. The opportunities following graduation are limitless. I believe Forbes Magazine once proclaimed that the top credential to obtain for future success is graduation from any of the service academies. Each branch of the military also has division, or base teams. In the Army there is special services where many top players provide instruction on larger bases. I would imagine the Coast Guard has something similar.

soki
04-13-2009, 06:04 PM
I'm actually on a college team in the area and we played Coast Guard.. but no idea how the program "differs" from others