PDA

View Full Version : FEDERER will start WINNING AFTER he ADAPTS to his CHANGING Game!!!

wow246
04-06-2009, 07:55 PM
What i mean by that is he'll start beating the top guys.

Changing game means if you observe carefully federer is still trying to play like he did in 05/06. He is still trying to hit the winners like he did back then and that is what's causing these huge error counts.

He's not the same player as he was in 05/06 according to everyone he's "LOST HALF A STEP". He is getting to the balls a split second later than in 05/06 and still trying to hit the same winners. It's simply not gona work according to the the LAWS OF PHYSICS.

So what he's gota do is hit 3/4/5 more shots get into that same position by defence and moving the opponent around and then crack the winner. He's simply just gota keep the rallies a few shots longer in order to make up them split seconds that he's lost since 05/06.

Main reason federer has had a problem against nadal from the outset is when he plays other guys he can dominate from baseline, he stands right on the line and dominates and hits winners. When he plays nadal he's almost 2-3 meters behind baseline and STILL trying to hit the same type of winners which lead to his HUGE ERROR COUNT against nadal. It's got more to do with that than his backhand falling apart. His backhand held up fine in wimbledon 08 and aussi open 09, yet people keep saying he's gota change his backhand naaaaaaa HE'S JUST GOTA ADAPT TO HIS NEW GAME!!!!!!!!!

MAN I SHOULD BE A COACH!!!!!!!!!!!

veroniquem
04-06-2009, 08:19 PM
And the problem is that Federer doesn't have the patience to do that and he doesn't seem to be very flexible (or good at changing his ways if you prefer).

SaintClaires
04-06-2009, 08:22 PM
If we look at his grand slam record, Federer doesn't need to change a thing!

It's just - he needs to change things up against Nadal.

sh@de
04-06-2009, 09:24 PM
No, I don't think saying that you can just look at his grandslam record to see that he doesn't need to change things is the correct approach. Things have changed, just because they used to work doesn't mean they still do. I completely agree with OP, Fed needs to be a bit more patient, hit a couple more shots, and then crack the winner. I still think he could do with a coach to help him improve his confidence as well though. That would certainly help, against all players.

wow246
04-06-2009, 11:55 PM
yes i agree with myself also for a second time today!!!!!!!

Hankenstein
04-07-2009, 01:29 AM
If Fed starts to work on his fitness again and donīt think players will give up the ghost against him he will be successful,,

RalphNYC
04-07-2009, 06:56 AM
Main reason federer has had a problem against nadal from the outset is when he plays other guys he can dominate from baseline, he stands right on the line and dominates and hits winners. When he plays nadal he's almost 2-3 meters behind baseline and STILL trying to hit the same type of winners which lead to his HUGE ERROR COUNT against nadal.
I disagree. He's not trying to hit winners of his BH against Nadal while he's behind the baseline. He's just trying to get the ball back deep enough to survive, but he's unable to consistently hit his backhand while under attack from Nadal (or Murray or Djokovic). Anyone who can hit deep heavy balls consistently to Fed's backhand will force an error (and it doesn't take too many shots). If you watch Fed in 2004-2005 he was hitting much bigger bh strokes and consistently opening up space to hit his fh. These days he can't. And he's not split second slower. He's MUCH slower. Watch the old matches on youtube people are posting. He used to float and bounce. Now he stands around and then lunges. No comparison.

Tennis_Maestro
04-07-2009, 07:03 AM
Be a coach? Hahahaha, all you've done is reiterated what the media, fans and coaches themselves have been harping on about.

For me, Federer is one of a kind, a player that needs to be playing to a minimum of 95% of his tennis ability to beat most top players. (Top 5) His unconventional game is so dependent on precision and accuracy; it’s like none other, the margin for error is pretty incredible if you think about it.

This couldn’t be clearer in his recent defeat to Murray, he didn't know how to approach Murray's style of play, instead he was depending on his A game he has been accustomed to winning with to get him over the line.

My point is, when he’s not playing to his extreme standard of potential, ease down a little, as its suicide for him to be playing that sort of low percentage tennis. I’m talking about going for semi ridiculous winners in awkward positions, I understand he’s desperate to get back to his best, BUT a match against the World number 4 is not a time for trial and error. < That should be left for training hours. You could argue a lot of it boils down to the old argument that he has no coach there to remind him to calm down etc.

What he needs therefore is to develop a plan B for once in his career, give in to this tennis purism he has and realise that when the chips are down, all that’s left to do is adapt to the situation you are in. Play the percentage play! (I’m not suggesting Federer becomes a pusher, but develop more patience and seize @ more realistic opportunities during rallies, especially when he’s off colour)

shadows
04-07-2009, 07:24 AM
My point is, when he’s not playing to his extreme standard of potential, ease down a little, as its suicide for him to be playing that sort of low percentage tennis. I’m talking about going for semi ridiculous winners in awkward positions, I understand he’s desperate to get back to his best, BUT a match against the World number 4 is not a time for trial and error.

This reminds me of a quote that Lendl said about Federer:

He is capable of hitting shots which other players don't even think about trying.

As you said, one of things about Roger is that he does still try and go for these remarkable winners even when he's not on his game. Like it or not Roger isn't the same fluid player he was at the time Lendl said that, he's not got the same consistancy right now to constantly perform that he used to have and when he goes looking for that magic he's often finding errors instead.

tennis_hand
04-07-2009, 08:06 AM
What i mean by that is he'll start beating the top guys.

question is when. end of discussion.