PDA

View Full Version : Murray will be no. 3 in a month

sp00q
04-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Monte Carlo is the first opportunity for Murray to reach the no. 3 spot. In case both he and Djokovic lose in the same round (e.g. both exit in semifinals) the Scot will overtake the Serb. If Monte Carlo isn’t the place to happen, the next Master Series tournament (Rome) will provide perfect conditions. Djokovic has 1000 points to defend compared to Murray’s 70.

Shaolin
04-07-2009, 09:16 AM
It will certainly be interesting to see how Murray fares on clay.

gj011
04-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Very likely.

bladepdb
04-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Yeah I'm with ya there. Murray's got Djokovic by the balls up through the FO. At FO, I feel Djokovic has the ability to return back to SF at least. However, Rome, there's no question that Djokovic will be seriously put to the test.

All Murray has to do is perform better than last year and he'll be set. I think he already is in good shape to do so.

Wimby might be a turning point though. Murray's defending QF (IIRC) whereas Djokovic is only defending 1st Rd.

Telepatic
04-07-2009, 09:21 AM
In Rome probably.

gj011
04-07-2009, 09:25 AM
Also it should be noted that Federer will lose > 1000 points from Estoril and MC and if he does not defend his final points from Hamburg (in Madrid) and RG finals, Murray (or Djokovic for that matter) might pass him too.

batz
04-07-2009, 09:25 AM
Novak has the chance to hit back after RG though, Murray has a big pile of points to defend after Wimby.

Cesc Fabregas
04-07-2009, 09:27 AM
Novak should except its going to happen then he can go out and play freely he looks like hes been carrying too much pressure on his shoulders all year.

carlos djackal
04-07-2009, 09:40 AM
Novak should except its going to happen then he can go out and play freely he looks like hes been carrying too much pressure on his shoulders all year.

Agree with you there, must have feel the pressure to do better this year and defend his AO title, because last year was a breakout year for him, too bad he wasn't able to maintain his level of game with a couple of heartbreaking losses.....maybe that's what is bothering him all these months....