PDA

View Full Version : Murray - "I need to end points more quickly"

batz
04-08-2009, 05:43 AM
Hot on the heels of reports in the UK that Alex Correjta has said Murray will play a much more expansive game on the dirt this year, a quote from the man himself in the London Times:

The clay-court season is advancing and he flies to Monte Carlo on Friday to prepare for an unremitting seven weeks of tournament play and heavy-duty practice. There is much to work on, much to take in, much to achieve. Keeping one step ahead tactically is everyone's aim.

“It is about understanding how to use my game best,” he said. “My serve is improving, I'm more comfortable with many things but I still think I need to move forward more. It's getting to the stage where everyone is so good from the baseline that it is essential to be able to end the points more quickly. That needs to become a bigger part of my game.”

Maybe he's heard all those 'pusher' accusations on here and wants to do something about it:)

larry10s
04-08-2009, 06:00 AM
i think the game will evolve to players being opportunistic net rushers. the physical toll of grinding leads to a short life span on the tour for many

OTMPut
04-08-2009, 06:29 AM
Question is whether he can!

Nadal_Freak
04-08-2009, 06:31 AM
Murray needs to add more spin and fitness to be good on clay courts. End points when he can but the spin will get him through most of the time. Playing Nadal is a different story from everyone else. I guess he is more interested in beating Nadal.