PDA

View Full Version : Enough with all this classic rock stuff......

aceindahole2K5
04-04-2004, 10:38 AM
We got any progressive rock fans on here? Maybe some grunge? Emo?............not that theres anything wrong with zepplin though.......

Benjamin
04-05-2004, 09:47 AM
aceindahole2K5:

Be careful with post like this. In a previous post of mine Deuce said, "I doubt that posts on Led Zep albums and Palm Pilots is what TW had in mind when it created the 'Odds & Ends' section. This is a tennis board, not a social gathering."

Just be warned.

Can't comment on recent grundge but I just bought Ten by Pearl Jam a couple days ago and it sounds as great now as it did when it came out. EDDIE'S VOCALS ARE STILL AS REAL AND EMOTIONAL AS THEY WERE WHEN IT WAS FIRST RELEASED.

Benjamin

aceindahole2K5
04-05-2004, 07:17 PM
Ten is an amazing alblum, although, i always perfered Chris Cornell's vocals (Soundgarden), and got a chance to see him live last year with his new band, Audioslave, since i was kind of young during the Soundgarden days, he did not dissapoint.

@wright
04-05-2004, 07:32 PM
I agree, I like Cornell better. Does anyone remember Temple of the Dog, which featured both singers? They had a hit song called "hunger strike", which was a liberal flaunting of the plight of the hungry. I never got the line where they said "I can't help all the powerless when my cup's already over-filled". Can anyone shed some light on the lyrics? Are they saying they are too rich to feed the poor?

aceindahole2K5
04-06-2004, 03:57 PM
im not sure exactly who wrote the lyrics for them, but some of cornells stuff has some really obscure deep meanings, the kind of things that make sense when you look at it from a certain perspective. i couldnt tell ya abou tthat specific lyric, sry