PDA

View Full Version : Players comments about Nadal keeping number 1 place

nadal
04-08-2009, 06:47 AM
http://www.nadalnews.com/2009/04/05/nadals-no-1-reign/

see Federer, Roddick and Djokovic and murray comments.

Federer is a great sportsman and was NEVER ARROGANT

AprilFool
04-08-2009, 06:57 AM

Nice vid. Thanks for the link.!

Cyan
04-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Great! Federer has always "thought" he's a phenomenal player but now he actually SAYS IT!

Isn't that something.....

P_Agony
04-08-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm sure Nadal fans will find some dirt in what Roger said, even if he gave more credit to Nadal that all the previous three combined.

dwhiteside
04-08-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm sure Nadal fans will find some dirt in what Roger said, even if he gave more credit to Nadal that all the previous three combined.

"An ongoing rivalry?! Hah! It's not a rivalry if your opponent has won their last 5 meetings! MORE LIKE A BEATING! HAH! LOL!!!!! "

tudwell
04-08-2009, 01:36 PM
First off, Roger says Nadal easily beats "normal-type" players. Can you be any more disrespectful? One, that diminishes Nadal's victories and two, how would he (Roger) like to be called "normal"? And of course Federer can't go one interview without talking about himself, so he brings up his "rivalry" with Nadal.

Nadal_Freak
04-08-2009, 01:38 PM
"An ongoing rivalry?! Hah! It's not a rivalry if your opponent has won their last 5 meetings! MORE LIKE A BEATING! HAH! LOL!!!!! "
Right. It's not really a rivalry as Nadal always wins.

Pirao
04-08-2009, 01:38 PM

I think Murray and Djoko were pretty respectful too, but Roddick didn't give much credit to Nadal IMO. Funny, considering he's the weaker of the 4 ATM.

tacou
04-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Roddick gave him credit? He just said if he stays healthy he'll be on top of the game for a long time.

Novak was the only one who acknowledged that Rafa's been at the top of the game for a few years now, and was second only to Federgod. now he's the best.

Emelia21
04-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Interesting

Roger: "He's winning comfrotably against the normal type players" D:confused:
"Excellent on grass and hard courts"

Roddick : "Improving all the time"

Djokovic : "High level for 5 years, hard court improved, he deserves N01

Nice comments :)

Bhagi Katbamna
04-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Roddick did give him credit. "He can play ball...."

GameSampras
04-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Shouldnt these guys be itching to dethrone Nadal and make a legacy for themselves? They shouldnt care about Nadal. They should be worrying about THEMSELVES and taking the number 1 spot from Nadal. Bunch of damn sissies. It shows in their performances at the slams too.

I guess this explains why the last 20 of the 20 some odd slams final have featured Fed or Nadal or BOTH

bladepdb
04-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Shouldnt these guys be itching to dethrone Nadal and make a legacy for themselves? They shouldnt care about Nadal. They should be worrying about THEMSELVES and taking the number 1 spot from Nadal. Bunch of damn sissies. It shows in their performances at the slams too.

I guess this explains why the last 20 of the 20 some odd slams have featured with Fed or Nadal or BOTH

Fed more or less already has. Roddick doesn't have enough tennis left in him to make a legacy, esp after being in the shadow of Americans like Sampras, Courier, and Agassi.

I'm pretty sure both Novak and Murray are waiting to establish themselves; this was an interview on Nadal, what do you want them to say? Nadal is great, I will take his #1 spot away from him? I'm sure it's on their mind; just not something you say during an interview.

Don't forget Novak, he took AO last year....

GameSampras
04-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Fed more or less already has. Roddick doesn't have enough tennis left in him to make a legacy, esp after being in the shadow of Americans like Sampras, Courier, and Agassi.

I'm pretty sure both Novak and Murray are waiting to establish themselves; this was an interview on Nadal, what do you want them to say? Nadal is great, I will take his #1 spot away from him? I'm sure it's on their mind; just not something you say during an interview.

Don't forget Novak, he took AO last year....

Yea well.. that was over a year ago and he hasnt duplicated such since. In fact he may never even do so if he continues down the road he is going. Murray on the otherhand.. Is prolly the next guy out of the field to grab a slam but again.. Many were picking Murray to win the AO and then he loses to the inferior Verdasco and was humiliated and thumped by Roger from the opening set at the USO. Not to mention, Murray hasnt done anything on grass or clay either. See Murray seems more like a small tournament, 3 set player. The slams are a completely different animal

Satch
04-08-2009, 03:10 PM

I guess this explains why the last 20 of the 20 some odd slams final have featured Fed or Nadal or BOTH

can't you see that they were reading the script above the camera...

lol, these vid's are made for marketing purposes... it would be stupid to say something bad against biggest star in tennis right now.

Nadalfan89
04-08-2009, 03:57 PM
I guess the "normal" players that Federer is referring to is the same bunch of players that have beaten Federer before, some of them on numerous occasions. Does he honestly believe that he's some sort of God?

Richie Rich
04-08-2009, 04:10 PM
don't know how you guys can determine that anyone was disrespectful to anyone else. you weren't in the room when the comments were made or when the video was shot. stop reading too much into things.

Pwned
04-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Wrong.

"one of two or more striving to reach or obtain something that only one can possess."

Cup8489
04-08-2009, 04:40 PM
i like how the *******s take federer's comment about beating normal players easily as an insult.

did he mention anything else? nope, and like it or not, theirs is called a rivalry. they're in contention for the slams, not so much djokovic and murray compared to these two.

you guys really have no idea what your talking about.

sh@de
04-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Oh my gosh... this is gonna be hijacked by *******s and *******s again...

Cool vid.

veroniquem
04-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Interesting

Roger: "He's winning comfrotably against the normal type players" D:confused:
"Excellent on grass and hard courts"

Who are the normal type players? Are there any abnormal type players? :shock:

egn
04-08-2009, 06:42 PM

i think its lost in translation..he is not native to english probably trying to say the average guys the top 100 basically.

Nadal_Freak
04-08-2009, 06:45 PM
I think he means against the average players. Thus giving a hint that he thinks it's a different story with Nadal against the top players like him.

slice bh compliment
04-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Nice mutual admiration society. Nonexistent in the Lendl/Connors/Mac era, LOL! Such bromance was unheard of back then!

Rafa and Murray will have some battles. Tennis is in great shape thanks to those two. And of course, Roger, et al.

Lendl and Federer Fan
04-08-2009, 06:52 PM

Yeah, Federer is too arrogant, never given Nadal any credit. No, no? :lol:

FEDERER>buttpicker.
04-08-2009, 07:50 PM
everyone knows the federer is the greatest.

Mansewerz
04-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Perhaps by normal he means people outside of the top 3/4. The rest actually give him a match (AO 09, Rotterdam, etc)

FEDERER>buttpicker.
04-08-2009, 08:10 PM
all i know is FEDERER IS THE GREATEST.

veroniquem
04-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Perhaps by normal he means people outside of the top 3/4. The rest actually give him a match (AO 09, Rotterdam, etc)
Oh you mean like Fed at RG 2008 or Murray at Wimbledon 2008 or IW 2009? That kind of really tough matches?
I love how Federer insults people while pretending to praise them. It seems he means Rafa is really good as long as his opponents are only average. And that's a compliment? Wow, who would want to be on the receiving end of a compliment like that? Anyway it's interesting that such a statement is coming from someone who lost his last 5 finals to him and who has lost all his matches against the other top 3 recently. I feel it's funny that this sentence "he's comfortable against normal players" applies much better to current Federer than to Nadal.

TennisLover17
04-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Nice vid. Good to see the other players giving recognition to his achievements as a player.

DjordjeRosic
04-08-2009, 11:44 PM
God dammit, you people aren't fans, you guys are obsessed. I mean come on I love watching all the top 4 play (and any pro for that matter), but do you feel somewhat privileged to "follow" your idols or something and when some one suggests that they might be human you go off on the source? All the *******s and *******s **** me off greatly, sure they are human, they get angry, they cry, they don't speak perfect English, so on and so forth but come on. If the man had said "other players", you would go off on him by reading to much into that too, and what you would hear is, "other players apart from me the almighty Federer, the man who created tennis and a god....". I'm glad that at least they compliment one another and acknowledge that the other top players in there league are good and all, if I was competing at their level I would have that competitive mind set and really wouldn't be all lovey dovey, which seems like some people expect nowadays. I mean what do you want any one of them to say "I would bow down and kiss so and so's shoes and the ground he walks on", that would just be ridiculous, of course you cant please everyone, and arguments will always start because people always need to be right, let it go and take it as a compliment.

P.S: I am not going to engage in any damn internet flaming and trolling, so please please please don't go off, its my 2 cents. I've been a member on these boards for what......a month or so and I've seen at least 3+ of these pointless debates about "oh, he said this, but what he was really trying to say was....." appear every damn day.

-Djordje

TennezSport
04-09-2009, 12:52 AM
God dammit, you people aren't fans, you guys are obsessed.

Nicely stated DR, but remember that the word "Fan" is derived from the word "FANATIC", which in this case kinda fit's no???

As you state, these players are people with their own feelings and issues who sometimes say things in the heat of the moments and are contantly mis-quoted by the press to create controversy. "Fanatics" only hear what they want to hear and objectivity is cast to the wind. It's a "My guy is god and yours sucks" attitude so no matter what logic is presented, it's a moot case.

While I have my likes and dislikes for all of these players I am more a fan of the sport of Tennis and I totally respect their efforts to be the best at one of the toughest sports there is (though not advertized as such) :cry:

Just my .25; Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

DjordjeRosic
04-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Nicely stated DR, but remember that the word "Fan" is derived from the word "FANATIC", which in this case kinda fit's no???

As you state, these players are people with their own feelings and issues who sometimes say things in the heat of the moments and are contantly mis-quoted by the press to create controversy. "Fanatics" only hear what they want to hear and objectivity is cast to the wind. It's a "My guy is god and yours sucks" attitude so no matter what logic is presented, it's a moot case.

While I have my likes and dislikes for all of these players I am more a fan of the sport of Tennis and I totally respect their efforts to be the best at one of the toughest sports there is (though not advertized as such) :cry:

I like TennezSport now lol, seems like a good person :)!
And yes I agree with what you said, "Fan" does derive from that but I mean it crosses the line sometimes IMO. Well anyway its good to see someone else who shares the same view of the game, and only expects great matches from these hard working individuals in this hard sport (I played high school basketball, and when I resumed my tennis which i was playing along side basketball, I noticed that my body just started to hurt so much more with tennis than it ever did with the other sport. And some people think tennis is a wimpy sport, PFFT what ever lol).

-Djordje

CCNM
04-09-2009, 11:03 AM

I've been to Nadal's site & I've been to Fed's site, and trust me, what I've read on this forum is pretty mild.....

markmurray
04-09-2009, 11:33 AM
It's pretty funny to see you guys tear these things apart.

Part of being a professional tennis player is giving these interviews. They're being led by the media people into providing soundbites on the hot topics in the tennis world. They quite probably don't have strong opinions but are asked a question and have to say something. You'll notice than in interviews, Andy Murray is very diplomatic and uncontroversial while still making it clear that he wants to win. This makes him appear mature and motivated. He didn't always do this but he has learned how these things work. That Roger Federer can't do it as ably is down to his weaker grasp of the English language.

Gorecki
04-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Oh my gosh... this is gonna be hijacked by *******s and *******s again...

Cool vid.

when someone with a avatar as "Nadal" starts a thread about how great other players like federer think Nadal is you expect what... harmony... sorry... not possible with the Nadal fans (and Fed fans as well) around this neigbourhood...

Gorecki
04-09-2009, 11:57 AM
as for the abnormal players, Fed said something like this : please include Frederico gil who actually took him more games in a 2 set match than myself in OZ final...

Nadal_Freak
04-09-2009, 12:02 PM
God dammit, you people aren't fans, you guys are obsessed. I mean come on I love watching all the top 4 play (and any pro for that matter), but do you feel somewhat privileged to "follow" your idols or something and when some one suggests that they might be human you go off on the source? All the *******s and *******s **** me off greatly, sure they are human, they get angry, they cry, they don't speak perfect English, so on and so forth but come on. If the man had said "other players", you would go off on him by reading to much into that too, and what you would hear is, "other players apart from me the almighty Federer, the man who created tennis and a god....". I'm glad that at least they compliment one another and acknowledge that the other top players in there league are good and all, if I was competing at their level I would have that competitive mind set and really wouldn't be all lovey dovey, which seems like some people expect nowadays. I mean what do you want any one of them to say "I would bow down and kiss so and so's shoes and the ground he walks on", that would just be ridiculous, of course you cant please everyone, and arguments will always start because people always need to be right, let it go and take it as a compliment.

P.S: I am not going to engage in any damn internet flaming and trolling, so please please please don't go off, its my 2 cents. I've been a member on these boards for what......a month or so and I've seen at least 3+ of these pointless debates about "oh, he said this, but what he was really trying to say was....." appear every damn day.

-Djordje
Message boards aren't for you if you can't handle the way things are with people. Either that or stay out of the players discussion. Thank you very much.

egn
04-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Oh you mean like Fed at RG 2008 or Murray at Wimbledon 2008 or IW 2009? That kind of really tough matches?
I love how Federer insults people while pretending to praise them. It seems he means Rafa is really good as long as his opponents are only average. And that's a compliment? Wow, who would want to be on the receiving end of a compliment like that? Anyway it's interesting that such a statement is coming from someone who lost his last 5 finals to him and who has lost all his matches against the other top 3 recently. I feel it's funny that this sentence "he's comfortable against normal players" applies much better to current Federer than to Nadal.

Umm that was of a compliment than an insult. Nadal's biggest struggle prior to last year was on hard courts he would lose to the normal players and even on grass outside of wimbledon. It was not an insult you really need to turn of the Fedhate vision and you would have understood what he meant. He never even said that Rafa only beats average players..do you have to twist everything that is said. He said he is comfortably winning against the normal players. It makes sense as if you recall prior to him being number 1 just like the same thing Murray and Djokovic are facing right now is they occasionally lose to the average players the top 20-30 guys at situations when they should win.

tudwell
04-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Umm that was of a compliment than an insult. Nadal's biggest struggle prior to last year was on hard courts he would lose to the normal players and even on grass outside of wimbledon. It was not an insult you really need to turn of the Fedhate vision and you would have understood what he meant. He never even said that Rafa only beats average players..do you have to twist everything that is said. He said he is comfortably winning against the normal players. It makes sense as if you recall prior to him being number 1 just like the same thing Murray and Djokovic are facing right now is they occasionally lose to the average players the top 20-30 guys at situations when they should win.

You're just a fanboy. Clearly everything Federer says is malicious and mean-spirited.

swedechris
04-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Great Spanish guitar 'soundtrack' goin on there in the vid.. Uncle Tone laying down some rifs..??

egn
04-09-2009, 01:55 PM
You're just a fanboy. Clearly everything Federer says is malicious and mean-spirited.

Your right I am stupid for trying to put logic and thought into Federer's statements he clearly is trying to be condescending towards everyone on the tour. =[

theduh
04-09-2009, 02:32 PM
People in this forum only read what they want, it's called 'selective reading' anything else is blacked out and considered crap, garbage, or insult.

veroniquem
04-09-2009, 03:39 PM
I've just noticed that other guys emphasize specific strengths of Nadal: fighting spirit, etc while Fed says "Nadal does well against normal guys", what you want us to believe is that this sentence by Fed is meaningless and we shouldn't care about interpreting it. In that case Fed shouldn't have said it either but he did say it and my take on it is that 1- it's false, Nadal is doing well against everyone including the very best and Fed himself, not just "average" players and 2- it is perfectly contemptuous to comment that someone is doing great vs non threatening opponents. Anybody in the top 10 can do that, heck probably everyone in the top 20 does that. So why doesn't Fed make a comment about what makes Nadal a better player than anyone else at the moment rather than a nondescript remark that could apply to any player with the vaguest hint of success? No reason in particular? IMO one doesn't say things for no reason and Fed's command of English is excellent , so blaming it on his language skills sounds like a terribly lame excuse too.

RFtennis
04-09-2009, 03:50 PM
nice vid thanks for link
5 stars..

The-Champ
04-09-2009, 03:54 PM
I've just noticed that other guys emphasize specific strengths of Nadal: fighting spirit, etc while Fed says "Nadal does well against normal guys", what you want us to believe is that this sentence by Fed is meaningless and we shouldn't care about interpreteting it. In that case Fed shouldn't have said it either but he did say it and my take on it is that 1- it's false, Nadal is doing well against everyone including the very best and Fed himself, not just "average" players and 2- it is perfectly contemptuous to comment that someone is doing great vs non threatening opponents. Anybody in the top 10 can do that, heck probably everyone in the top 20 does that. So why doesn't Fed make a comment about what makes Nadal a better player than anyone else at the moment rather than a nondescript remark that could apply to any player with the vaguest hint of success? No reason in particular? IMO one doesn't say things for no reason and Fed's command of English is excellent , so blaming it on his language skills sounds like a terribly lame excuse too.

Maybe Roger includes himself in those "normal" player category, knowing how much beating he has been receiving from Nadal lately. Roger is actually quite down to earth if he categorizes himself as "normal".

veroniquem
04-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Maybe Roger includes himself in those "normal" player category, knowing how much beating he has been receiving from Nadal lately. Roger is actually quite down to earth if he categorizes himself as "normal".
I sincerely doubt that's what he means. Federer refers to himself as some kind of monster or as someone extremely talented, not as a normal joe. I don't see Federer as down to earth at all: he's the guy in an ivory tower and from there he looks down on everybody else.

egn
04-09-2009, 04:16 PM
I've just noticed that other guys emphasize specific strengths of Nadal: fighting spirit, etc while Fed says "Nadal does well against normal guys", what you want us to believe is that this sentence by Fed is meaningless and we shouldn't care about interpreting it. In that case Fed shouldn't have said it either but he did say it and my take on it is that 1- it's false, Nadal is doing well against everyone including the very best and Fed himself, not just "average" players and 2- it is perfectly contemptuous to comment that someone is doing great vs non threatening opponents. Anybody in the top 10 can do that, heck probably everyone in the top 20 does that. So why doesn't Fed make a comment about what makes Nadal a better player than anyone else at the moment rather than a nondescript remark that could apply to any player with the vaguest hint of success? No reason in particular? IMO one doesn't say things for no reason and Fed's command of English is excellent , so blaming it on his language skills sounds like a terribly lame excuse too.

So the fact that he said he is a phenomenal player and excellent on his worst surface means nothing at all..right..Fed is just trash talking Nadal.

muzza123
04-09-2009, 04:28 PM
^^ IMO Fed is a very matter of fact kind of guy when it comes to commenting on his own abilities and achievements, which I respect. Lets face it, the guy can say he is a tennis god and you wouldn't argue with that - he's already achieved enough and is talented enough to say that.

However, when it comes to praising other players, I have noticed over the years that he has a knack for giving well-disguised backhanded compliments, which isn't the most endearing of traits I have to say.

edberg505
04-09-2009, 04:29 PM
So the fact that he said he is a phenomenal player and excellent on his worst surface means nothing at all..right..Fed is just trash talking Nadal.

LOL, dude it's an exercise in futility. Walk away.

egn
04-09-2009, 04:30 PM
LOL, dude it's an exercise in futility. Walk away.

i know but i must attempt to assert logic into situation...ugh i need to stop being reasonable and just join the fed is evil train lol.

edberg505
04-09-2009, 04:36 PM
i know but i must attempt to assert logic into situation...ugh i need to stop being reasonable and just join the fed is evil train lol.

Good idea, that works much better. Everything he does is evil and he only got to where he is because of weak draws and luck. That pretty much sums up everything.

The-Champ
04-09-2009, 05:32 PM
I sincerely doubt that's what he means. Federer refers to himself as some kind of monster or as someone extremely talented, not as a normal joe. I don't see Federer as down to earth at all: he's the guy in an ivory tower and from there he looks down on everybody else.

But Fed acknowledged Rafa plays well against "normal" players, and Rafa plays well against him. Thus, he implicitly considers himself "normal".

icedevil0289
04-09-2009, 05:40 PM

He also said that unfortunately rafa has been labeled as only a clay courter even though he really wasn't. Roger has said many times that rafa is just more than just a clay courter and here was another example. I guess you missed all the nice things as well. What a surprise. Also, plenty of people have said fed is very down to earth for all that he has accomplished. Hmm, I wonder who I'm going to believe,the people who actually know fed and have worked with him or a *********. I chose the people who actually know him.

Mansewerz
04-09-2009, 05:45 PM

Read the next quote

And perhaps he means not guys that are on fire like Tsonga 2008 AO. Also he said hard courts, not grass or clay. Also, the IW final were horrible conditions.

Richie Rich
04-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Good idea, that works much better. Everything he does is evil and he only got to where he is because of weak draws and luck. That pretty much sums up everything.

well, when you are dealing with the 2 yr old nadal fans you are right - that pretty much sums up everything.

not that the 2 yr old fed fans are any better......

gj011
04-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Yea well.. that was over a year ago and he hasnt duplicated such since. In fact he may never even do so if he continues down the road he is going. Murray on the otherhand.. Is prolly the next guy out of the field to grab a slam but again.. Many were picking Murray to win the AO and then he loses to the inferior Verdasco and was humiliated and thumped by Roger from the opening set at the USO. Not to mention, Murray hasnt done anything on grass or clay either. See Murray seems more like a small tournament, 3 set player. The slams are a completely different animal

Well Sampras could not duplicate his first slam for almost three years, and he was similar age as Novak is now. So I don't see a big problem here.

THERAFA
04-09-2009, 09:27 PM

Thats a NICE CHANGE!

gj011
04-09-2009, 10:13 PM
^^^
But Sampras proved he was great.

Djoker? Well yeah......

Trolling again. As I said you started too early.
Or you don't understand my broken English?

No he didn't prove anything at the age Djokovic is now. He still had 1 GS as well.

Josherer
04-09-2009, 10:45 PM
Interesting

Roger: "He's winning comfrotably against the normal type players" D:confused:"Excellent on grass and hard courts"

Why confused?

Fed is saying that he never gets pushed by the normal players outside the top 10.

He only gets pushed by the top guys which is a great thing for Nadal.

devila
04-09-2009, 10:48 PM
Djokovic and Murray are sissies. Very true.
Roddick loves excuses:
1. Douching around at fund-raising events to pleasure his arrogant, ingratiating money-greedy mom.
2. Eating junk and stumbliing on court is good because vegetables "tasted bad" compared to bacon burritos. Again, fat mom Blanche wouldn't care less.
3. Sleeping with a rich bimbo makes Roddick feel like a macho American.
He hopes he'll stay married longer than 5 years, as long as he doesn't look
younger and more gorgeous than the wife.:oops::twisted:

devila
04-09-2009, 11:01 PM
I remember on tennis channel, Pat McEnroe sat next to Federer.
He was appalled that Nadal was considered a good grass player.

Federer didn't complain when McEnroe dished that insult to please Federer.

srinrajesh
04-09-2009, 11:29 PM

Well all Fed fans would find his comments very sporting -- he calls other players as normal while he is "extraordinary" and has a rivalry where he has lost 13-6 and 5 in a row..
well he was just trying to boost his image by saying nadal was good in grass and hard in the past as well -- he would then be rated even better as he won in 2 wimby finals over pre prime nadal.

TheTruth
04-10-2009, 02:04 PM

This is so true. His "compliments" always slice both ways. And I agree, his comments apply more to himself than to Rafa. This is why I find it hard to have any compassion for the guy.

TheTruth
04-10-2009, 02:18 PM
^^ IMO Fed is a very matter of fact kind of guy when it comes to commenting on his own abilities and achievements, which I respect. Lets face it, the guy can say he is a tennis god and you wouldn't argue with that - he's already achieved enough and is talented enough to say that.

However, when it comes to praising other players, I have noticed over the years that he has a knack for giving well-disguised backhanded compliments, which isn't the most endearing of traits I have to say.

And that's simply the truth, which is all veroniquem is saying. Some people like Fed's "directness," others don't. But for those that don't:::raises hand:::it doesn't mean someone is a hate-spewing troll.

In order to voice anything, there is a thought behind it. Taken in that context there are many, not just on this board, who are paying close attention to Federer's words and actions because of his stature in the game.

For this reason Federer needs to tone it down, or simply say no comment, because he's looking like a pouty, little brat who not having his own way is retaliating by snidely putting others down.

As to the language barrier, there are many who speak English as their second language on this board alone, and they clearly make themselves easily understood. Federer, having grown up in a household where English was spoken on a daily basis, being so misunderstood is not reasonable.

TheTruth
04-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Oh, I understood..

But I guess you didn't see my sarcasm as to why should we care?

You love Djoker, I have been told by another member that you are a Serbian.. So not hard to put two and two together..

I think you need to relax a bit..

Are you serious? Are you actually saying some members here latch onto newbies to maintain the "order" here?

Why would someone tell you something about another poster? Did you question their motives? I certainly would!

VivalaVida
04-10-2009, 02:30 PM
This is another thread that has been ruined by pathetic butt licking nadal fans. Just enjoy the damn video. No one said a negative thing about your lord and savior, Rafael Nadal . Also, none of you know Jack Diddy about what federer meant when he said "normal players" so I dont know why you guys are trolling about something you have no empirical evidence for.

egn
04-10-2009, 02:45 PM
This is so true. His "compliments" always slice both ways. And I agree, his comments apply more to himself than to Rafa. This is why I find it hard to have any compassion for the guy.

Did you watch the video? So that part where he called Rafa phenomenal and various other things did not exist?

egn
04-10-2009, 02:49 PM
And that's simply the truth, which is all veroniquem is saying. Some people like Fed's "directness," others don't. But for those that don't:::raises hand:::it doesn't mean someone is a hate-spewing troll.

In order to voice anything, there is a thought behind it. Taken in that context there are many, not just on this board, who are paying close attention to Federer's words and actions because of his stature in the game.

For this reason Federer needs to tone it down, or simply say no comment, because he's looking like a pouty, little brat who not having his own way is retaliating by snidely putting others down.

As to the language barrier, there are many who speak English as their second language on this board alone, and they clearly make themselves easily understood. Federer, having grown up in a household where English was spoken on a daily basis, being so misunderstood is not reasonable.

The truth still lies that in that quote there was nothing backhanded or mean. He is winning comfortably against normal type players..is that false. Nadal is not comfortably beating the top 10. He has to work to win against them and there is nothing wrong with that. He didn't look like a pouty little brat. There was no hatred..he was not even putting Nadal down. In case everyone has forgotten one of the biggest criticisms of Nadal prior to when he rose to the top was he could not always beat the normal player on hardcourts and now he can.

egn
04-10-2009, 02:52 PM
I remember on tennis channel, Pat McEnroe sat next to Federer.
He was appalled that Nadal was considered a good grass player.

Federer didn't complain when McEnroe dished that insult to please Federer.

Yea cause Pat over there makes insults to bow down to Fed. I never even heard of this event..but Pat grew up in an era where the grass court was serve and volley and outside of Borg baseline+grass=failure. So seeing such a defensive player win on grass would probably appall him.

veroniquem
04-10-2009, 03:34 PM
This is another thread that has been ruined by pathetic butt licking nadal fans. Just enjoy the damn video. No one said a negative thing about your lord and savior, Rafael Nadal . Also, none of you know Jack Diddy about what federer meant when he said "normal players" so I dont know why you guys are trolling about something you have no empirical evidence for.
If we can agree that "normal" doesn't mean guys who don't have 2 heads and 3 hands, we can also agree that the only thing it can mean is players who are not outstanding, as in regular players. Federer himself of course is not "normal" since he is a genius, everyone knows that :???:

rubberduckies
04-10-2009, 03:47 PM

No need to call people names. I though you were one of the few good Fedfans out there. I agree with you that there isn't really anything negative about Federer's comments in this video. Maybe calling lower-ranked players 'normal' is slightly belittling to them, but when taken in context it is in no way a slight against Nadal. Now, being modest in a 2 minute video does not prove that Federer is always a good sport. It does show that it really isn't that hard for Roger to be complementary towards other players. He should build on what he has done in this video and do it more often.

egn
04-10-2009, 03:50 PM
If we can agree that "normal" doesn't mean guys who don't have 2 heads and 3 hands, we can also agree that the only thing it can mean is players who are not outstanding, as in regular players. Federer himself of course is not "normal" since he is a genius, everyone knows that :???:

Which brings us back to his quote he said he is winning comfortably against them and how does that fault Nadal?

veroniquem
04-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Which brings us back to his quote he said he is winning comfortably against them and how does that fault Nadal?
It doesn't "fault" him. It is just somewhat condescending, that's all.

rubberduckies
04-10-2009, 04:03 PM
It doesn't "fault" him. It is just somewhat condescending, that's all.

I think it may be condescending to those players but not to Nadal.

The problem is that there isn't really a good way to say "players who aren't the top guys". I really think Fed is talking about Nadal's being consistent and winning the matches where's he's heavily favored (something he hadn't really achieved until last year). Fed has made a lot of comments in poor taste over the years, and this one is pretty low on the totem pole of arrogance. I think it's kinda silly for Nadal fans to make a fuss over such an innocuous comment, especially when compared to the degree of egotism Fed has displayed in the past. Save your energy.

egn
04-10-2009, 04:08 PM
I think it may be condescending to those players but not to Nadal.

The problem is that there isn't really a good way to say "players who aren't the top guys". I really think Fed is talking about Nadal's being consistent and winning the matches where's he's heavily favored (something he hadn't really achieved until last year). Fed has made a lot of comments in poor taste over the years, and this one is pretty low on the totem pole of arrogance. I think it's kinda silly for Nadal fans to make a fuss over such an innocuous comment, especially when compared to the degree of egotism Fed has displayed in the past. Save your energy.

Glad to know somebody else in this thread agrees with me. =]

rubberduckies
04-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Glad to know somebody else in this thread agrees with me. =]

I saw you posted in TheTruth's goodbye thread.
They've already deleted it. Be happy you're Fedfan, so you don't have to experience the mods.

VivalaVida
04-10-2009, 04:38 PM
No need to call people names. I though you were one of the few good Fedfans out there. I agree with you that there isn't really anything negative about Federer's comments in this video. Maybe calling lower-ranked players 'normal' is slightly belittling to them, but when taken in context it is in no way a slight against Nadal. Now, being modest in a 2 minute video does not prove that Federer is always a good sport. It does show that it really isn't that hard for Roger to be complementary towards other players. He should build on what he has done in this video and do it more often.

1. Agreed completely. I wanna apologize for the name calling. I was in a ****ed of mood earlier. I regret saying those things.

2. I have criticized federer's behavior many times before for his mean spirited comments towards djokovic and Murray. Please resort to my post history, but I believe this video didnt show any arrogance from fed.

egn
04-10-2009, 04:43 PM
I saw you posted in TheTruth's goodbye thread.
They've already deleted it. Be happy you're Fedfan, so you don't have to experience the mods.

We have all had our experiences with the mods.

VivalaVida
04-10-2009, 04:47 PM
We have all had our experiences with the mods.
Why did TheTruth say goodbye?

egn
04-10-2009, 04:49 PM
Why did TheTruth say goodbye?

moderator warning after he was attacked by a troll and the troll warned him although the troll insulted him.

VivalaVida
04-10-2009, 04:51 PM
moderator warning after he was attacked by a troll and the troll warned him although the troll insulted him.
wait, so the troll was the moderator and gave TheTruth the warning? ps- TheTruth is a female.

egn
04-10-2009, 04:54 PM
wait, so the troll was the moderator and gave TheTruth the warning? ps- TheTruth is a female.

lol yea sorry truth..she is gone though..ugh remembering genders is difficult when posting since 90 percent of internet is male lol.

not sure but from the jist of things this is what i think is order of events

someone made a trolling post
thetruth calls out troll and comments on him trolling
troll attacks the truth and calls her names
moderator calls out thetruth and warns thetruth for trolling but does not warn the real troll who did all the name calling

VivalaVida
04-10-2009, 05:10 PM
lol yea sorry truth..she is gone though..ugh remembering genders is difficult when posting since 90 percent of internet is male lol.

moderator calls out thetruth and warns thetruth for trolling but does not warn the real troll who did all the name calling
Thanks for that. That is really unfortunate. Many people had a problem with her opinions but she was admirable for the fact that she never called anyone names. Hopefully she decides to come back.

gj011
04-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Thanks for that. That is really unfortunate. Many people had a problem with her opinions but she was admirable for the fact that she never called anyone names. Hopefully she decides to come back.

Yes I am really sorry to hear this. The Truth was one of the best and most decent posters here.

It is a sad to see people like her go and jerks and trolls like KPS88 occupy this board.

gj011
04-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Are you serious? Are you actually saying some members here latch onto newbies to maintain the "order" here?

Why would someone tell you something about another poster? Did you question their motives? I certainly would!

Yes, this is quite interesting. KPS88 was obviously instructed by some other member(s) what to do and who to attack here. Or he is simply some other known troll poster with a new nickname. From his first post here, not more than a week ago, he started with Djokovic bashing and blatant attacks on me. Someone obviously have an agenda here.

Nadalfan89
04-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Tennis fans are notoriously fickle. I think Federer is just trying to subtlely remind people of who he is and that Nadal isn't the poster boy for tennis; he is.

egn
04-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Yes, this is quite interesting. KPS88 was obviously instructed by some other member(s) what to do and who to attack here. Or he is simply some other known troll poster with a new nickname. From his first post here, not more than a week ago, he started with Djokovic bashing and blatant attacks on me. Someone obviously have an agenda here.

Yes I am not sure of who gave him this magical list but is quite disgusting to know someone would have given him some 'insight' and he has been first on all the recent Djokovic and Nadal hate trains.

gj011
04-10-2009, 07:34 PM
No one instructed me to do anything.. God, he we go, consiracy theories..

But believe it or not I have made some friends with some people that have been here a while and when I asked about what that guys problem was, they just told me their own opinion. The fact that I felt the same way is simply coincidence in all honesty..

As for my posts. Have you guys gone through them and checked up on me?. I mean talk about creepy..

As for not being a Djoker or Rafa fan., Then so what?

I didn't see anything regarding having to love them when I registered to join these boards?.. Again, you guys need to relax..

If the truth be known, I actually think Rafa is a good kid. I just don't like the way he plays............

It is obvious that you are lying.

gj011
04-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Hang on a tick.. Have I really gotten under your skin champion?

If I am to understand the rules of these boards right, am I to believe that you just attacked me and should be banned?

The thing is, I am a big boy with thick skin, so I don't believe in running to mods and crying.. From what I have heard about you, you act all gangster and opinionated on the boards, but secretly cry to the mods off?

I have only been here five minutes, yet I have already seen what kind of guy you are!. And not one that I would say is all that stand up either!

Get a life and please move on from theories....

You are attacking me from the moment you joined this board. You should have been banned already since you didn't post anything that is not inflammatory and insulting.

Ronny
04-10-2009, 07:57 PM
yeah kps88 seems to have a strong hatred to gj011 and i dun know why...i think hes just some pist off member of the board that wants to troll around

TheNatural
04-10-2009, 08:18 PM
What a joke. :shock:. They must be recruiting mods from Roger Federer dot com. Very poor form by the mod here. The mod should do the right thing in this case and fix their error.

saram
04-10-2009, 08:33 PM

Every once in a while, I come up here and look for the dumbest post of the week award...guess what....YOU WIN AGAIN!

Ask Del Potro if Rafa "always wins"....

egn
04-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Every once in a while, I come up here and look for the dumbest post of the week award...guess what....YOU WIN AGAIN!

Ask Del Potro if Rafa "always wins"....

How does Del Potro fit into the Rafa Fed rivalry?

ci2ca
04-10-2009, 09:01 PM

I am very pleased with what you had just said here. I've read all your other posts which were quite "*********" like but this showed maturity. Learn from this guy folks! He get his message across without making such a fuss.

Gorecki
04-11-2009, 03:21 AM
What a joke. :shock:. They must be recruiting mods from Roger Federer dot com. Very poor form by the mod here. The mod should do the right thing in this case and fix their error.

3. Any questioning, flaming, or trolling of moderation/admin on the boards will not be tolerated. Posts concerning moderation will be deleted. Persistence can be cause for banning. If you have a legit concern about moderation, email discussadmin@tennis-warehouse.com

you should go down to. you would if i was mod...

and if The Truth is gone, i have 2 thing in my mind:

1 - no more "i agree\i second this\great post" after Zarzuelas posts...

2 - one less delusional Nadalete...

gj011
04-11-2009, 07:21 AM
Honestly I don't care what you think. Its the internet.. You are like last nights fish and chips...

Secondly. Hate is a strong word. And I hate no-body.. I am sorry that although new, I have taken exception to some of the things you have said. But that is not attacking in any kind of form. Its simply someone dissagreeing to you, and you don't like that... Simply an over reaction on your part I am afraid..

The fact we keep having these discussions, is because YOU are bringing up things that I have said in pages long past:???:

Didn't someone say something about someone being a troll, and you so happened to conveniently drop my name? Can I class that as being attacked by you? Or are you the only one who can complain?

Now. This is how it works. When people don't agree with you, then that's that. They have every right to have an opposing view no matter what it is.. I think your wanting to have everyone banned is a little childish, because you simply cant have your whole life surrounded by people who only agree with you.

Now if you don't mind, I do post in other threads, and I would rather spend my Saturday not answering to your conspiracy theories.. If you have noticed, I have quoted you in my new signature. Why? Because I cant believe that you think the whole world is out for you...

ps; Ronny.. Who ever you are.. Care to explain why you need to get into something that has absolutely zero to do with you?

Now please for buddha's sake, can we stick to topic here?

As I said, you are a liar.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=3308557&postcount=96

Please don't hate on the Djoker..

Some here will see that as an attack ;)

But I will say that some people like to jump on the next best thing, and don't care about facts!!

I didn't even post on that thread. You flame all the time and than come and act all innocent here. Obviously you are a tool and a hater and most of what is said about you on this thread is the truth.

thalivest
04-11-2009, 02:53 PM
Move on. You have already killed this thread with your nonsense...

As he has many a thread.

danb
04-11-2009, 03:29 PM

Fed keeps talking about a rivalry...:):):) Somebody please tell him it is not a rivalry anymore (if it ever was).
Roddick nailed it: Rafa will be #1 for as long as he can keep playing his physical style.

gj011
04-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Move on. You have already killed this thread with your nonsense...

You started with attacks and trolling on this thread, so you are the one who killed it.

julesb
04-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Federer isnt good enough to rival Nadal. Simply too many huge holes in his game, and not enough great things or things in it to a degree great enough to rival Nadal. Hopefully greater talents like Murray and Djokovic will rival Nadal, something Federer is clearly not talented or good enough to do. A 3 way rivalry between Nadal, Murray, and Djokovic at the top for the next few years with some up and comers joining them when they are ready or whichever ones will ever be ready (Del Potro, Cilic, Gulbis, Nishikori, etc...) would be great.

Federer is the Steffi Graf of mens tennis. He wins when the field sucks. He, like Graf, is very good and good enough to completely feast on a weak field of wannabees, but faced with true top notch talent and mental toughness they both crumble. I mean think about it. Federer dominates vs Safin, Hewitt, Roddick. Nadal emerges, he starts winning less, Nadal matures more he hardly ever wins, Djokovic and Murray mature he is now facing a career crisis at only 27. Now think about Graf. She is still losing to Graf and Navratilova regularly even up to around their 31th birthdays (the point a few months before or after) and only starts to regularly beat each around that point. She needs them to be around 31 or older to be able to beat them consistently. Then Seles comes around and is already dominating Graf as a teenager, and with Sabatini, Navratilova, and Sanchez all playing better those years to challenge her as well she only wins 1 slam a year. Then Seles is stabbed, Navratilova retires, Sabatini falls off completely, and only Sanchez is her only quality competition and she starts dominating again. Federer and Graf both beat up on 1, 2, or even 0 time slam winners like Roddick, Hewitt, Safin, Sabatini, Sanchez (count her as she would have ended with only 1 or 2 without the Seles stabbing), Martinez, Novotna, Nalbandian, Fernandez, but faced with true quality they fold.

danb
04-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Federer isnt good enough to rival Nadal. Simply too many huge holes in his game, and not enough great things or things in it to a degree great enough to rival Nadal. Hopefully greater talents like Murray and Djokovic will rival Nadal, something Federer is clearly not talented or good enough to do. A 3 way rivalry between Nadal, Murray, and Djokovic at the top for the next few years with some up and comers joining them when they are ready or whichever ones will ever be ready (Del Potro, Cilic, Gulbis, Nishikori, etc...) would be great.

Federer is the Steffi Graf of mens tennis. He wins when the field sucks. He, like Graf, is very good and good enough to completely feast on a weak field of wannabees, but faced with true top notch talent and mental toughness they both crumble.

Correct. The only thing I may have doubts is Joker - I wish him well and I root for him (he is my #2 after Rafa) but he hasn't played very well lately.
I feel now may be a defining time for him - put up or go down in rankings.

gj011
04-11-2009, 04:20 PM
Last time I will say this..

Move on....

Or atleast open a window or something.....

Like I care about what you say.

egn
04-11-2009, 04:35 PM

Federer is the Steffi Graf of mens tennis. He wins when the field sucks. He, like Graf, is very good and good enough to completely feast on a weak field of wannabees, but faced with true top notch talent and mental toughness they both crumble. I mean think about it. Federer dominates vs Safin, Hewitt, Roddick. Nadal emerges, he starts winning less, Nadal matures more he hardly ever wins, Djokovic and Murray mature he is now facing a career crisis at only 27. Now think about Graf. She is still losing to Graf and Navratilova regularly even up to around their 31th birthdays (the point a few months before or after) and only starts to regularly beat each around that point. She needs them to be around 31 or older to be able to beat them consistently. Then Seles comes around and is already dominating Graf as a teenager, and with Sabatini, Navratilova, and Sanchez all playing better those years to challenge her as well she only wins 1 slam a year. Then Seles is stabbed, Navratilova retires, Sabatini falls off completely, and only Sanchez is her only quality competition and she starts dominating again. Federer and Graf both beat up on 1, 2, or even 0 time slam winners like Roddick, Hewitt, Safin, Sabatini, Sanchez (count her as she would have ended with only 1 or 2 without the Seles stabbing), Martinez, Novotna, Nalbandian, Fernandez, but faced with true quality they fold.

Federer has a winning record agianst Nadal off of clay. I think the truth is Federer is not a good rival for nadal on slow surfaces, but on fast surfaces I don't see any holes in the rivalry. On indoor he is 2-0 and on grass he is 2-1 so on the fast surfaces it favors Fed 4-1?

gj011
04-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Yes you do.. You just effing replied again:shock:

Sweet Jeeeezus...

Stop killing the thread with your nonsense.

julesb
04-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Federer has a winning record agianst Nadal off of clay. I think the truth is Federer is not a good rival for nadal on slow surfaces, but on fast surfaces I don't see any holes in the rivalry. On indoor he is 2-0 and on grass he is 2-1 so on the fast surfaces it favors Fed 4-1?

On clay it is no contest even when Federer was prime and Nadal was 18 and 19 years old. That is already established. On outdoor hard court Nadal is 3-1 and Federer should have lost in straight sets in his only win. Those were not all slow outdoor hard courts, Dubai and Miami are fast and 3 of their 4 matches were there. On grass Federer was atleast strong enough to convincingly beat pre prime Nadal in 2006. However vs prime Nadal in 2007 and 2008 he was 1-1 but outplayed Federer to embarassing degress outside the serve in the 2007 final and Federer was very lucky to win, while in 2008 of course Nadal won without being lucky like Federer in 2007, so it really doesnt seem even to me watching the matches even though it is 1-1.

Indoors Nadal is not that good a player so yes Federer rules there over Nadal if he is in competent form. However everywhere else fast or slow Federer rules over Nadal, maybe grass they are competitive but we will see how long that lasts and if Federer can win future Wimbledons over Nadal to keep it a rivalry on that surface.

TheNatural
04-11-2009, 05:55 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_AzT5pruwnbg/RsikfOUwiWI/AAAAAAAACBI/Uo2NR1xKVU4/s400/weetabix3.jpg

3. Any questioning, flaming, or trolling of moderation/admin on the boards will not be tolerated. Posts concerning moderation will be deleted. Persistence can be cause for banning. If you have a legit concern about moderation, email discussadmin@tennis-warehouse.com

you should go down to. you would if i was mod...

and if The Truth is gone, i have 2 thing in my mind:

1 - no more "i agree\i second this\great post" after Zarzuelas posts...

2 - one less delusional Nadalete...

gj011
04-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Take a breath... And let it go....

Still here? I thought you moved on.

Mansewerz
04-11-2009, 07:54 PM
On clay it is no contest even when Federer was prime and Nadal was 18 and 19 years old. That is already established. On outdoor hard court Nadal is 3-1 and Federer should have lost in straight sets in his only win. Those were not all slow outdoor hard courts, Dubai and Miami are fast and 3 of their 4 matches were there. On grass Federer was atleast strong enough to convincingly beat pre prime Nadal in 2006. However vs prime Nadal in 2007 and 2008 he was 1-1 but outplayed Federer to embarassing degress outside the serve in the 2007 final and Federer was very lucky to win, while in 2008 of course Nadal won without being lucky like Federer in 2007, so it really doesnt seem even to me watching the matches even though it is 1-1.

Indoors Nadal is not that good a player so yes Federer rules there over Nadal if he is in competent form. However everywhere else fast or slow Federer rules over Nadal, maybe grass they are competitive but we will see how long that lasts and if Federer can win future Wimbledons over Nadal to keep it a rivalry on that surface.

Miami is dog slow. To say Fed should've lost miami 05 in straights is the same as me saying he should've won Rome 2006, where he had match points.

Your arguments for grass are ridiculous as well. Have a nice day!

clayman2000
04-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Fed keeps talking about a rivalry...:):):) Somebody please tell him it is not a rivalry anymore (if it ever was).
Roddick nailed it: Rafa will be #1 for as long as he can keep playing his physical style.

Roddick always nails it....

Anyways...
Nadal will be no 1 until someone can consistently blast him off the court. Now in his whole career i have only seen this happen 3 times:
-2006 Toronto vs Berdych
-2007 TMC Semi vs Federer
-2007 Hamburg vs Federer
-2008 AO vs Tsonga

notice here i mention an in prime Federer, an out of his mind Tsonga, and a bad match up in Berdych against a less than perfect Nadal

Problem is now, Nadal serves better, is more agressive, and still plays defense the same. Also, while many people say the last era was weak.... i think this era is weaker than the Roddick Hewitt era... and here is why:

Djokovic --- no heart, captivated fans for impersonations, not his play
Tsonga --- good variety, power, but way too inconsistent
Monfils --- too much of a pusher to win slams
Simon --- see Monfils x2
Del Potro --- crap serve for his size, no fight in him

compare that to last era:

Roddick --- crap movement, but makes most of what he has
Hewitt --- see Roddick, but replace movement with power
Nalbandian --- no consistency yet reached final 4 of majors many times
Safin --- could beat anyone on any given day
Ferrero --- used to be a stud on clay, also did well on Hard and grass

Tsonga, Monfils, Somon and DP will likely never win slams. If they had 1 in total that would be alot. Murray looks to be the only man in this group along with Djokovic who will contend for slams. Any this year, i think Murray will be to Nadal what Roddick was to Federer in 04 (loosing in the big matches, but winning when the big man goes out)

egn
04-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Roddick always nails it....

Anyways...
Nadal will be no 1 until someone can consistently blast him off the court. Now in his whole career i have only seen this happen 3 times:
-2006 Toronto vs Berdych
-2007 TMC Semi vs Federer
-2007 Hamburg vs Federer
-2008 AO vs Tsonga

notice here i mention an in prime Federer, an out of his mind Tsonga, and a bad match up in Berdych against a less than perfect Nadal

Problem is now, Nadal serves better, is more agressive, and still plays defense the same. Also, while many people say the last era was weak.... i think this era is weaker than the Roddick Hewitt era... and here is why:

Djokovic --- no heart, captivated fans for impersonations, not his play
Tsonga --- good variety, power, but way too inconsistent
Monfils --- too much of a pusher to win slams
Simon --- see Monfils x2
Del Potro --- crap serve for his size, no fight in him

compare that to last era:

Roddick --- crap movement, but makes most of what he has
Hewitt --- see Roddick, but replace movement with power
Nalbandian --- no consistency yet reached final 4 of majors many times
Safin --- could beat anyone on any given day
Ferrero --- used to be a stud on clay, also did well on Hard and grass

Tsonga, Monfils, Somon and DP will likely never win slams. If they had 1 in total that would be alot. Murray looks to be the only man in this group along with Djokovic who will contend for slams. Any this year, i think Murray will be to Nadal what Roddick was to Federer in 04 (loosing in the big matches, but winning when the big man goes out)

Outside of you considering Ferrero good on grass I understand what you are getting at. Nadal has a bunch of youthful guys like himself, but who are not nearly as talented at him, and the ones who are close to being as talented are not mature enough.

clayman2000
04-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Outside of you considering Ferrero good on grass I understand what you are getting at. Nadal has a bunch of youthful guys like himself, but who are not nearly as talented at him, and the ones who are close to being as talented are not mature enough.

Lol. Hes actually decent. 1 QF and 2 Round of 16's are better than Coria, Gaudio, Kuerton, Costa ever did. I didnt mean like amazing but for a Spaniard, of course not named Nadal, he could play everywhere

But thanks.... good to see someone can think for themselves and look beyond stats

egn
04-11-2009, 08:48 PM
Lol. Hes actually decent. 1 QF and 2 Round of 16's are better than Coria, Gaudio, Kuerton, Costa ever did. I didnt mean like amazing but for a Spaniard, of course not named Nadal, he could play everywhere

But thanks.... good to see someone can think for themselves and look beyond stats

Lol i think Kuerten got a QF once at Wimby in 99 but yea Ferrero made the US Open final. Sure he got trashed and would have lost to either Nalby or ROddick he still made it there Lol and thoughts of Gaudio in a wimby final...would have been even worse than Nalby in wimby final. Opponent 6-0, 6-0, 6-0. No I am being mean I am sure he wins one game.

tsongafan
04-12-2009, 09:40 AM
I think Roddick gave just as much credit as Djokovic if not more. Maybe Roddick verbally give as much credit as Djokovic did but if u look at Djokovic's body language it takes away all the credit he said. Remember "actions speak louder than words"

thejoe
04-12-2009, 09:45 AM

This whole section is a bunch of crap.

papucla10
04-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Federer can say whatever he wants he considers himself as the best of all times as so many do so he can say anything he likes, Nadal is not close to federer Historically, he will probably be in the future but right now federer is still the master for what he has done, I am a Nadal fan.

VivalaVida
04-13-2009, 04:19 PM

http://americanpatrol.com/POPUPS/IMAGES/BS-Meter.gif

crazylevity
04-14-2009, 05:13 AM
I think, not for the first time, comments have been blown out of proportion. Federer's comments could quite easily have been interpreted to mean Nadal is very consistent, and the average pro playing his average game would never trouble Nadal. It would take a slam candidate playing his very best tennis to push Nadal. And that is true.

DjordjeRosic
04-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Tennis fans are notoriously fickle. I think Federer is just trying to subtlely remind people of who he is and that Nadal isn't the poster boy for tennis; he is.

Steps to understanding this message:

Step 1)
Read posters name.
Step 2)
Read posters comment.
Step 3)
Interpret the message.

Hope you enjoyed todays lesson on deciphering anger and jealousy towards other people, when they have no affiliation to the people being discussed...

LOL

-Djordje