PDA

View Full Version : Fischer Vacuum Twin Tech Pro

NoBadMojo
04-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Used to be a Fischer sponsored player and played both the VTPro98 (the blue/purple/black/gold one w. the exposed layup), but also played the TwinTech Pro (the pale beige one w. the Karl Steeb autograph and likely the sweetest looking racquet I have ever seen).....I regretted getting rid of mine and have found the TwinTechPro in a different paintjob..this one is dark purple w. yellow trim and bumper. Racquet is made in Austria.
What is unique about this racquet is that it is grommetless and made in two halves with a center piece which has the string holes..this piece is permanent and very thin.
It's a VERY solid racquet..the one I just got only weighs 12.2 strung w. something which appears to be Duraflex..it's significantly headlight.
I am looking frwd to taking my find out for a dance and trip down memory lane the next time I play......this racquet brings back some great tennis memories for me....passing this along in case anyone else is familiar w. this gem

vsbabolat
04-08-2009, 01:01 PM
I used to practise with a guy from Germany that used the dark purple Twin Tec Pro. It is a awesome frame!!!!!! The quality of that frame is so impressive.

NoBadMojo
04-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Got to hit this gem this morning, and immediately recalled why I liked it so much. swinging this racquet today brought back some great memories, and I love the ball feel of this racquet....One of the few racquets made with ceramics where your arm didnt bark at you...and there werent very many low powered racquets that played firmly like this one...and without the harmful shock.

JW10S
04-15-2009, 12:39 PM
I too once had a contract with Fischer and used the Twin Techs and Vacuum Pros like Stich used. I agree that the beige Twin Tech, with it's almost camoflage look to it, was a great looking and great playing racquet. I really liked them but left Fischer when I was offered a better deal and have not hit with a Fischer racquet since.