PDA

View Full Version : What's so great about Yonex's cosmetics?

jonas-the-ball-basher
03-10-2005, 03:15 AM
What's so great about Yonex's cosmetics?
For example the Yonex RDX 500:
It's just a plain dark blue/blak racquet, with a red to orange strip on top of it, silver on the inside and with red letters it says IPS:confused: :|
I don't know why people like it so much.
And I still think their headshape is ugly.

ferrari_827
03-10-2005, 06:13 AM
In general, Yonex rackets have pleasing, classic cosmetics-Ti80, Ti70, Ti50, RD7, Pro RD 70, with the classic colors-dark blue, black, silver, orange, purple.

The RDX definitely has a more flashy look, the most flashy cosmetics from Yonex to date. I guess Yonex wanted people to notice, and it seems to be working. Another thing to consider is that the paint finish is superb, better than Head/Wilson/Prince.

mdmicawber
03-10-2005, 07:38 AM
Lleyton Hewitt came up with the color scheme for the RDX 500. The racquet has the exact same colors as his favorite football team the Adelaide Crows. Check it out: http://afc.com.au/

Other than that, I say kudos to Yonex for not making racquets with day-glo colors. The new Dunlops are apalling in my opinion-Electric Blue M-Fil, my God I'd be embarrased to pull that thing out of my bag before a match.

As far as the head shape goes, maybe you should play with a Yonex and feel the difference. It has nothing to do with cosmetics.

BLiND
03-10-2005, 07:43 AM
There is nothing great about yonex consmetics.

El Diablo
03-10-2005, 08:03 AM
Thanks to Yonex for "not making racquets in dayglo colors"?? Seen the V-Con 17? The Japanese are traditionally a modest and somewhat reserved people and their products MOSTLY reflect that.

Grimjack
03-10-2005, 08:48 AM
I think Yonex racquets are mostly pretty fartin' ugly, actually. Despite which, I don't think there's anything wrong with ugly. I got no problems going to war with an ugly bat in my hands.

"Embarrassing" is a different matter. I agree with the post about the new Dunlops. Those things look so nancy, there's no way I could take myself seriously as a competitor wielding one.

KFwinds
03-10-2005, 10:15 AM
I'll be happy to take you kids to school with my new blue M-Fil...

...and you're welcome to call me "Nancy" whilst I spank your behind :)

Feņa14
03-10-2005, 10:35 AM
I love yonex cosmetics!

The great fiery red and the subtle dark tones. My SRD's look great in the sun, especially with a nice white overgrip.

The head shape is great for stability and when you get used to it, then it's very difficult to find anything else like it.

ferrari_827
03-10-2005, 10:40 AM
I think for Head/Wilson/Prince traditionalists, it's hard to get used to the head shape of Yonex. Also, Yonex rackets are more flexible, so the feel is different.

Personally, I think Yonex paint jobs are like works of art. The RDX has a steep divide-those who love the way it looks, and those who think it's really ugly. Yes, there are people who think the RDX looks like hell.

RodgerDodger
03-10-2005, 12:40 PM
The RDX has a steep divide-those who love the way it looks, and those who think it's really ugly. Yes, there are people who think the RDX looks like hell.

I'm one of those people :)

SocalTennis
03-10-2005, 12:48 PM
What's so great about Yonex's cosmetics?
For example the Yonex RDX 500:
It's just a plain dark blue/blak racquet, with a red to orange strip on top of it, silver on the inside and with red letters it says IPS:confused: :|
I don't know why people like it so much.
And I still think their headshape is ugly.

Well, there is nothing specially about the color itself, but how the colors blend together. . If you take a look at Van Gough, or Monet painting, you will see nothing special in the coloring, the real art lies in how those colors are put together. If you have no appreciation for these kind of stuff, then you just might want to order a "Vantage".

TheRed
03-10-2005, 12:59 PM
El Diablo, you've obviously never been to Japan. The Japanese are well known for how colorful their clothing and style can get.

AAAA
03-10-2005, 02:50 PM
The current range doesn't look very good. The previous range of RD Ti and RQ Ti stuff looked much better. The RDX 500 mid has big red 'IPS' lettering at 3 and 9 o'clock but it's not immediately obvious those are the letters shown or even that they are letters because the grommet strip runs right through the IPS lettering so it ends up looking like just red shapes .