PDA

View Full Version : Is JCF using the OZONE PRO TOUR

Gugafan
04-10-2009, 06:50 AM
I am watching him play Hanescu and the 0-ports are clearly visible. I believe Davydenko is using the same racquet??. I'm thinking about adding this one to my demo list but dont see too many one handed backhand players using this stick.

The specs are listed as 18x20, 100sq inch. I would have thought a big topspinner like Ferrero would use a more open string pattern??.

slightly off topic...JCF seems to be getting some great pop on his groundies. Just won the first set.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a8/Juan_Carlos_Ferrero_at_the_2009_Brisbane_Internati onal.jpg/250px-Juan_Carlos_Ferrero_at_the_2009_Brisbane_Internati onal.jpg

babolatking
04-10-2009, 07:16 AM
Yea i just saw this too, i have another question: Could Davy be using a pj of the old 03 tour?

jelle v
04-10-2009, 07:22 AM
My god.. what happened to the Mosquito.. :confused: He's now the Hulk Mosquito.. his arms are huge :shock:

adlis
04-10-2009, 09:19 AM
My god.. what happened to the Mosquito.. :confused: He's now the Hulk Mosquito.. his arms are huge :shock:

wtf at the muscle

featherlight
04-10-2009, 06:14 PM
he has been spending too much time in the gym rather than on the court

Gugafan
04-10-2009, 06:24 PM
He was striking the ball well today and moving like the 'mosquito'. I can see him having a good clay court swing. He looks fresh.

Any news on the racquet??

Gugafan
04-10-2009, 06:49 PM
http://www.mypicx.com/uploadimg/1613865179_04102009_1.jpg

Found a better picture...It appears to be a 16x18 string pattern. Looks like JCF is using the Prince Ozone tour.

kevo82
01-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Yes, he plays with Ozone Tour, and not the Pro, like Davydenko.

I am really wondering what he will play with now, that the Ozones are discontinued.

If anybody knows about the Ozone Tour that JC uses, please post. From the pictures, I can say that the stick has no lead added.

Maybe some silicone in the handle, but I doubt, because Juan Carlos never put silicone in the handle on his Prince triple threat Graphite.

But I also don't think that his sticks are the stock ones, because I play with these sticks and they are really head light, and on the throat it's written 310g, not 320 like TW says

THESEXPISTOL
01-23-2010, 04:20 PM
That pic is old

kevo82
01-23-2010, 08:04 PM
That pic is old

old? from brisbane 2009

Hidious
01-23-2010, 08:31 PM
What was his previous stick again?

kevo82
01-23-2010, 09:13 PM
What was his previous stick again?

his previous was Prince Triple Threat Graphite, but w o contract with Prince, (the same stick he used winning RG 2003), right after he switched back from Head Flexpoint Radical that he used in 2005-2007

Mdubb23
01-24-2010, 03:16 PM
Previously, he used the 100 in. Graphite Longbody available on TW.

baseline_monster
01-25-2010, 07:05 AM
Yes, he plays with Ozone Tour, and not the Pro, like Davydenko.

I am really wondering what he will play with now, that the Ozones are discontinued.

If anybody knows about the Ozone Tour that JC uses, please post. From the pictures, I can say that the stick has no lead added.

Maybe some silicone in the handle, but I doubt, because Juan Carlos never put silicone in the handle on his Prince triple threat Graphite.

But I also don't think that his sticks are the stock ones, because I play with these sticks and they are really head light, and on the throat it's written 310g, not 320 like TW says

310g would be the unstrung weight, TW usually states the average strung weight

kevo82
01-30-2010, 02:24 AM
Anybody knows if/how Juan Carlos Ferrero has customized Ozones Tour?

I mean he put lead tape? If yes, then how (because in the pictures I can't see lead tape).

He changed the orange leather grip?

He put weight in the handle?

I doubt that anybody would know, because he doesn't has very much fans now. But he still is my favorite player.

Maybe the person who cached the racquet that Juan Carlos trowed after the final in Casablanca, could tell me about his Ozone Tour :)

Gugafan
02-21-2010, 12:08 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a8/Juan_Carlos_Ferrero_at_the_2009_Brisbane_Internati onal.jpg

Slightly enlarged picture, its clear he is using the Ozone tour with the 16x19 string pattern. No lead visible.

CzechM8
02-21-2010, 12:19 PM
Slightly enlarged picture, its clear he is using the Ozone tour with the 16x18 string pattern. No lead visible.
Corrected :)
So it is really the Tour. I thought it was the Pro Tour, like Davydenko's.

mdjenders
02-21-2010, 09:12 PM
do a search for his specs. they are posted numerous times in this forum, something like 12.2oz strung, 6pts head light, 28 inch, BB Original at varying tensions in the low to mid 50s, RA 66. his racquet really has nothing to do with the consumer ozone tour other than mold and string pattern. there is plenty of info posted about davydenko's frame from this time last year.

he used heavily customized graphite 100 longbodies with various paintjobs. his newer racquets are also 28 inch, most likely the same weight and balance as the graphites. he did up the string tension on the big banger original when he switched to the ozone. that is posted previously on the forum also.

kevo82
02-21-2010, 11:10 PM
his racquet really has nothing to do with the consumer ozone tour other than mold and string pattern.

This is what I also thought, because the stock Ozone Tour is not a very stable racquet, so I think his, has a very different feeling.

do a search for his specs. they are posted numerous times in this forum, something like 12.2oz strung, 6pts head light, 28 inch, BB Original at varying tensions in the low to mid 50s, RA 66.

Are you sure he plays with 28 inch racquets? I just searched the forum but didn't find anything. Could you show me please?

66 stiffness it's what I would like on the Ozone Tour, not 60 like the retail one
About the balance and weight, what do I have to do, to make it like JC's racquet?

Do you think he has it like this from the factory? because like Gugafan said, there is no lead visible. Thanks

swedechris
02-22-2010, 12:22 AM
his previous was Prince Triple Threat Graphite, but w o contract with Prince, (the same stick he used winning RG 2003), right after he switched back from Head Flexpoint Radical that he used in 2005-2007

He used a NXG midplus for w hile too in there..or a pj looking like one.

Hidious
08-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Sorry to bump this thread but from this oversize pic, it looks like he didn't have the rubber throat inserts in his Ozone Tour. Can i remove mine and play without inserts? I doubt it but you never know...

mary fierce
08-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Ferrero never used the NXG midplus. There was actually an article in The Wall Street Journal some years ago about tennis racquet paintjobs, and the featured photo in the article demonstrated that Ferrero's "NXG" was bogus.