PDA

View Full Version : Flexpoint Radical...

Federer0580
03-10-2005, 08:23 AM
The past weekend I was at a Houston tournament with my school (which placed 2nd out of 30 schools hehe..), there was a guy that had the Flexpoint Radical already!!! I dont know how he got that racket so quick... Its not out till another month!! Can anyone inform me of how he could have gotten it...AND it WASNT a PJ I saw the racket up close in the proshop where he had the other one getting restrung... :mrgreen:

Prince_of_Tennis
03-10-2005, 10:03 AM
Sponsered Junior? Knows someone who works at Head?

wao
03-10-2005, 10:24 AM
Federer0580,
I hit with the MP last night for 5 sets and have the OS right now. Next week
I am hoping to hit with the TOUR version. But to answer your question, it is someone who knows one of the HEAD reps.

BreakPoint
03-10-2005, 11:17 AM
wao,
How did you like the Flexpoint Radical MP and OS? How do they compare with your LM Prestige MP, and with the LM Radical MP, if you've tried it?

wao
03-10-2005, 11:43 AM
Breakpoint,

"How did you like the Flexpoint Radical MP"
It was a little lighter than I would normaly like, but hit very solid from the back court. Was able to generate quite a bit of topspin even with the 18X20
string pattern. It felt not as stiff as the LM Rad or prestige. I had to put a little more punch on my volleys, but I need to do that anyway. I would say a
very easy racquet to like. I have not hit with the OS yet, tonight.

"How do they compare with your LM Prestige MP"
I could easily switch, as much control with more pop. Again I would add some weight.

All around it felt good. I will let you know how the OS and TUOR versions are if you are intrested.
Wayne

BreakPoint
03-10-2005, 12:42 PM
wao,
Thanks for the feedback on the Flexpoint Radical MP.

Yes, please also give us some feedback on the OS and Tour versions. BTW, do the Flexpoint Radical MP and Tour have the same weight, balance, and swingweight as the LM Radical MP and Tour, respectively?

Thanks.

Power Game
03-10-2005, 02:17 PM
Wao, do you think you can help me get in touch with a Head rep? I need some PC600 pallets in 4 1/4. Please email me at sallay at gmail dot com. Greatly appreciated, thanks

gregraven
03-10-2005, 07:36 PM
I dont know how he got that racket so quick... Its not out till another month!!

He probably got them through Tennis Warehouse. :-)

Seriously, the Tennis Warehouse tent at the Pacific Life Open has all the released Head Flexpoint racquets, along with the new Yonex Nano Bot racquets (uhh, that doesn't sound right -- I shoulda written the name down, I guess).

TennisD
03-12-2005, 02:49 AM
I was hitting with these racquets nearly three weeks ago, and my coach has had them for god knows how long. He's pretty high up in Head, so that's probably how that other fellow got a hold of it. If you look up, you'll see my thread, as the first to be made on the subject.

A.A. The Punisher
03-14-2005, 08:52 AM
He probably got them through Tennis Warehouse. :-)

Seriously, the Tennis Warehouse tent at the Pacific Life Open has all the released Head Flexpoint racquets, along with the new Yonex Nano Bot racquets (uhh, that doesn't sound right -- I shoulda written the name down, I guess).

Hi, Do u know the price for the MP radical Flexpoint, at TW in Indian Wells ?

SliceServe
03-14-2005, 09:03 AM
If TW has them in their possession, I would like to see the RDC specs posted as soon as possbile. Curious to see how the holes at 3 & 9 effect the flex rating.

tennisflyboy
03-15-2005, 08:30 AM
Just hit with the Oversize and the MP Tour today.... The Oversize felt incredible!! Felt exactly like advertised... actually pockets the ball. Felt stiffer than TENNIS magazines "Flexible" rating. Somewhat similar feel to the Liquidmetal Radical but overall I liked the Flexpoint better. I thought the MP Tour would feel better than it did! The new 100 sq. inch head and open string pattern was a nice addition... but the overall feel of the tour wasn't as nice. Of course it was factory strung, and I didn't have the opportunity for any customizing... I noticed that there was already a Flexpoint MP tour on **** for sale... They must have gotten one at the Pacific Life Head Tent!

barry
03-15-2005, 02:46 PM
Here are the specs off the Head Site. 3 models, I think the MP Tour has the open string pattern, other two are 18 x 20 and 18 x 19, 18 x 20, and 16 x 19.
MP Tour Not sure what 1" HL means. I think it is 4 point head light.
Beam 21 mm
Head Size 645 cm2 / 100 sq. in.
Weight (unstrung) 325 g / 11.5 oz
Balance (unstrung) 315 mm / 1'' HL
Length Standard, 685 mm / 27''
Grip HydroSorb white
String pattern 16/19

finchy
03-16-2005, 07:30 PM
hey Federer0580, what school do you go to in the Houston area? and what tournament was it? i go to clear creek and we had 2 different tournys that weekend.

Federer0580
03-17-2005, 08:09 AM
I go to TM or Tuloso Midway in Corpus Christi, and we played in the SBISD Lightsey tourny.......post another reply

finchy
03-17-2005, 09:16 AM
oic. wow, you came all the way from corpus? im assuming you are varsity. our varsity played in a spring branch tourny. what is your school's rank in state? supposedly we are #8 in texas.

Federer0580
03-17-2005, 06:44 PM
hey email me at Qkslvr282@hotmail.com, but we were 7th in state till we lost to Boerne at regionals and....it was sorry...should have killed them, our players that won, lost at regionals to them...so it was disgusting lol

deflori
03-25-2005, 05:11 AM
German **** - Limited"Mallorca Edition"

http://cgi.****.de/ws/****ISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=40880&item=5179031112&rd=1

fedex27
03-28-2005, 03:06 PM
i hit with the radical os on saturday and it felt great, not that ill switch. it was a little to much flex for me but it had unbeilvable controll

Nadal_Rulz
03-28-2005, 06:25 PM
i got to hold one today,not much. i liked the bright orane though. the pro who had it seemd to really like it thoug. o ya, the store at the place i was playing at seemd to have flexpoints and 03's the loked orangy. i didnt get to pick it up cause i was rujshing but definently wouldnt be surprised if it was cause they get things early

jeffatl
03-28-2005, 09:11 PM
I have seen a few on ****.

pspcpog
03-29-2005, 01:08 AM
dutch online store ************ have them since last week...

andirez
03-29-2005, 02:19 AM
If TW has them in their possession, I would like to see the RDC specs posted as soon as possbile. Curious to see how the holes at 3 & 9 effect the flex rating.

It should not affect the flex rating since it is measured at the throat of the racquet... :)

djones
03-29-2005, 03:32 AM
dutch online store ************ have them since last week...

They don't have 'm, they won't have 'm untill may!!!
And they want 169,- for them, that's like 230 US bucks.
I might order them from the US.
See what price ********* is going to sell 'm for.
The LM Radicals are only 99 us bucks at *********, great price!!!
Ah I see, TW don't want me to advertise for better deals on the internet:-)

MVCHUN
03-29-2005, 06:53 PM
I was sent my a while ago from head

tommytom11
03-29-2005, 10:45 PM
why is it that TW has had these racquets in stock for weeks, they are available all around the world, but Head won't let them out here in the US? makes no sense.

djones
03-30-2005, 02:11 AM
I was sent my a while ago from head

How did you get Head to send you racquets?
Do I have to tell 'm, I officialy want to demo 'm?

Foo4Everlong
03-30-2005, 05:02 AM
Mine are on their way from Head. I've got two coming with a super combi racquet bag. I can't wait! Should be a couple of weeks. I will let you guys know when I get it how it feels.

If you guys didn't happen t know there are three different versions of this racquet! Later

1. Mid-Plus - 27"
2. Mid-Plus Tour - 27"/ heavier stick/ Juan Carlos Ferrero
3. Oversize - Andre Agassi

doriancito
03-31-2005, 08:37 AM
You can get it thorugh **** www.********* really cheap! or get it pre order at tennis warehouse

jdgilliland
04-16-2005, 06:14 AM
I purchased mine through Tennis Warehouse. I didn't like the Flexpoint Tour as much as I thought I would. It is nothing like the previous LM tour -- seems much less stable and harder to control. Perhaps it just needs more weight as it is about an oz. lighter. Any suggestions out there as where to apply the weight? I was thinking at 3/9 but that is also where the supposed flexpoints are.