PDA

View Full Version : Value of a New (Shrink-wrapped handle) Prostaff 6.0?

Dominik
04-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Realistically, what can I expect to get for this?

Brand new, shrink-wrapped handle, with the original paper description in the string area of the frame.

It's a recent china prostaff.

Thanks!

VGP
04-10-2009, 07:11 PM
I'm not currently up to date on the recent e-bay sales, but I've seen what you describe going for $250-$400.

jetlee2k
04-10-2009, 08:37 PM
what about Taiwan version?? brand new fairway leather grip with plastic on it?? I have a few but it has a HUGE grip size like 4 5/8 and 4 1/2.. THe taiwan I felt like the closest to a St. Vincent..

jimbo333
04-11-2009, 01:56 AM
what about Taiwan version?? brand new fairway leather grip with plastic on it?? I have a few but it has a HUGE grip size like 4 5/8 and 4 1/2.. THe taiwan I felt like the closest to a St. Vincent..

Hi, the HUGE grip sizes are hardly worth anything now, so you might as well sell them to me for let's say $50 each:):):)

raygo
04-11-2009, 03:06 AM
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r121/kimotasha/HI3A0040a.jpg

(10 char :) )

pshulam
04-11-2009, 09:06 AM
^does than mean $178.070USD?

plasma
04-11-2009, 09:20 AM
....St. Vincent is heavenly, china is superb....you must have meant that cosmetically the Taiwan is closest to the SV; taiwan's looks great but doesn't feel anything like the sv, I'd say the China feels much closer....although not quite as buttery..

pshulam
04-11-2009, 09:20 AM
I'm not currently up to date on the recent e-bay sales, but I've seen what you describe going for $250-$400.

I think low $200s is more like it. A used 8.5/10 condition PS 85 (made in China) is about $150. Used St. Vincent versions are going at $230 to $400 (or some ridiculous amount)-- nuts! nuts! nuts! in today's economy. IMHO, there are many rackets that are just as "good" or have a similar feel at a much lower cost, i.e, POG Mid, Yonex R22, etc.

Mansewerz
04-11-2009, 09:21 AM
What's the flexiest ps85?

plasma
04-11-2009, 09:31 AM
flexiest ps??? I refuse to answer on the grounds that it's a trick question:
along the lines of:
most down to earth supermodel?
best feeling racquet currently produced?
healthiest food that can be purchased at a convenient store?
ps 85's have some give and great feel but they're not soft...they have feel but are stiff...

pshulam
04-11-2009, 09:40 AM
^"feel" is subjective - some people prefer a soft touch while some prefer a solid feel.

plasma
04-11-2009, 12:00 PM
although I recently found a life outside of tennis racquets (yes...incredible but true!!) I am a bit of an expert owning and playing almost every different version of Prostaff in my (psychotically enormous and intoxicatingly beautiful) extensive collection. both the ps china and the st. vincent have the same soft touch and solid feel, although the st.vincent actually feels much better it is waay to heavy for a middleweight....solid feel and soft touch as qualities are not mutually exclusive....unless we speak of the Taiwan. Taiwan has the same solidity but the nervous system has been surgically removed and the taiwan feels indistinct, not Prostaff-like, bland, dead, flavorless and grey....feel is objective as well; plasmas opinion (although personal) is non dogmatic.

like a hot chick with no soul....beautiful on the outside, ordinary within. The St.VIncent is perhaps the greatest racquet ever...it feels almost identical to a Sunday morning in bed with Anna (Kournikova)...mmmm...AnnnnaaaHHH!!!...Anna I lost your number, reach me thru this forum pls...Serena is wearing me out!!!!

pshulam
04-11-2009, 12:27 PM
like a hot chick with no soul....beautiful on the outside, ordinary within.

The demand for this kind is high or sought after.:oops::-?:confused:

plasma
04-11-2009, 01:59 PM
pretty face+ugly attitude still equals ugly...island girl was the sweetest, but too heavy when hittin', coulda married the Chinese model, perfect...but the Taiwanese relationship ended quickly...unless you were in rorsach's hood at the "coffeeshop", you'd have to agree that the Taiwanese is flat compared to the China...

raygo
04-11-2009, 09:50 PM
^does than mean $178.070USD?

More or less. :) I find it amusing that **** prices are higher than retail prices in Japan...which I had thought was the ultimate in price gouging. :twisted:

Hannah19
04-12-2009, 06:33 AM
So what would a China PS Mid plus 95, (L5) do on the open market?

mozart19@zonnet.nl

P.S. Plasma, sorry about the mishap concerning the Superform. Drop me line please...

plasma
04-12-2009, 07:38 AM
Hannah, you were a perfect gentleman, it is I who must apologize for not staying in touch with your polite and absolutely perfect communication regarding the racquet...I have one mint 95 left....I'm soooooo glad you sharks didn't fleece me of it as an awesome freindly local; is trading me his 2 (two!) ps 85's for it!!!!....how much will the 85's be worth in 15 years???
hmmmm it's kinda personal, since I PLAY WITH THEM, but to be more specific $50,000. By that time I hope that Anna Kournikova (lost her number but hoping she will call me) will be able to support my lavish lifestyle and I won't need to risk my life and health in the ***** job$ I've BEEN doin,,, anyways, at that point ps 85's will no longer be available, they will be like Prince God's, the future estimated cost to rebuild a braidied graphite racquet is conservative at $50,000 but if Anna wants the unique $hweet taste of falaffel and kebab, she'll have to pay!

Il Mostro
04-12-2009, 09:27 AM
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r121/kimotasha/HI3A0040a.jpg

(10 char :) )

Raygo, is that shop in Yokohama, or elsewhere in Tokyo metro? I will be visiting my in-laws this summer and would love to browse the tennis shops. There a couple of shops my wife knows in the Shibuya area, but more is always better :-)

raygo
04-12-2009, 02:26 PM
This store happened to be in Yokohama, but it's the same price at all Windsor tennis locations--and yes, there's one in Shibuya that's pretty big.

While you're there, drop by AT Sports and Eddy (right next to each other)...the latter specializes in hard to find/classic racquets and has an MRT on staff.

Il Mostro
04-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks, man. I appreciate the info.

raygo
04-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Sure thing! Enjoy the trip. And marvel at the ridiculous cost of strings (~$75 for a pack of VS!).

plasma
04-15-2009, 07:48 AM
My friend Meg is Japanese, she took her dad from Japan to costco( local discount shop)...where a huuuge box of awesome fresh fruit (mango, pineapple, whatever you want, is only $12.99) apparently a single mango in Japan can cost over $50 dollars; her Dad nearly cried!!!

yuth
04-15-2009, 08:16 AM
but in Thailand, you can buy them may be 1$ for 2-3kg. of Mango or Pineapple. Clean food and good taste.

yuth

raygo
04-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Everything in Japan is way overpriced compared to the US. Except Pro Staff 6.0's apparently. :)

plasma
04-23-2009, 11:02 PM
please yuth, if you keep speaking of Thailand I will have to visit again, I miss Pad Thai and Coconuts, if I run out of money I can always fight at the beer bars for 2,000 Bhat, I also miss elephants, everyone here in America is a slave, money is our master, the whip cracks and we work hard to feed the master, no food for the slaves, only pain and suffering, only joy goes to the master while we eat the scraps his dogs leave behind...