PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Balls/Racquets

clxtennis
04-11-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm a high school tennis coach in Southern California (about 2 hours east of San Diego), and am looking to purchase tennis balls (used or new) or used racquets for our program.

Our students tend to come from a lower socio-economic background, so our budget is limited.

We're always trying to find the best deals on tennis balls and racquets that we can find.

Anyone here know of places to find good deals on tennis balls/racquets, or perhaps have tennis balls/racquets that you are willing to donate/sell at a reasonable price?

Any help is appreciated.

Please email me at clxtennis@hotmail.com

Thank you.

Thanks,

rqtguy
04-14-2009, 11:20 PM
Please check and reply asap

charliefedererer
04-15-2009, 08:09 AM
I've noticed in the "College Tennis Talk" section that young players often wonder whether tennis will help get them into a better college. My guess is that most admissions officers would be more impressed with someone organizing a used racquet drive in their community than in just joining some volunteer club or playing second doubles for their high school team. Even if they they have a high junior USTA ranking, such an endeavor would be a good one to be involved in. Organizing a used racquet drive would demonstrate real industry and initiative, identifying them as a problem solver concerned about others. How about posting in the College Tennis Talk section to see if you have any takers?