PDA

View Full Version : College Tennis on TV

cujays
04-12-2009, 06:10 PM
does anyone no where i can watch tennis on tv??
i have espnu and some other college channels and its never on
its also never on the BIG10 network
Help??

Fedace
04-12-2009, 06:16 PM
Very rarely NCAA college tennis would be broadcast on TV. Only time this year was last month when Stanford vs Baylor at HP cup was broadcasted. It was taped delayed by at least 7 days. better way is just visit the LIVE webcam feeds like http://www.gostanford.com/livestats/tennis/StanfordTennis.html
and
http://www.aggieathletics.com/sports/w-tennis/spec-rel/live-video.html

now you too can cheer on the Stanford Cardinal to their championship season.

35ft6
04-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Check out the regional versions of some sports channels like FSN West. Bottom line, they need to air more college tennis, but I can see why they don't because it's not just 1 court like a basketball game. I see more high school football and basketball being offered on the various sports channels than top college tennis. If you have Tivo or a DVR with a search function, type "tennis" and search. Keep in mind that you're likely to only see it being offered during the spring season.

Rickson
04-29-2009, 07:36 AM
They show the occasional Stanford matches on ESPN.

JesseT
04-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Check out the regional versions of some sports channels like FSN West. Bottom line, they need to air more college tennis, but I can see why they don't because it's not just 1 court like a basketball game. I see more high school football and basketball being offered on the various sports channels than top college tennis. If you have Tivo or a DVR with a search function, type "tennis" and search. Keep in mind that you're likely to only see it being offered during the spring season.

Fox Sports is one

Big Ten is another; they've shown UI, ILL, OSU, etc

I'd guess ESPN may start showing SEC when the contract starts?

Mastadon_10S
04-30-2009, 09:16 AM
I'm watching Brad Klahn of Stanford take on Steve Johnson from USC on foxsports right now... good stuff!

Rickson
04-30-2009, 09:40 AM
And ESPN 2.

1hbhBUX
04-30-2009, 10:26 AM
Devin Britton (finalist in '08 US Open juniors) is a freshman for Ole Miss, and Chase Buchanan is a freshman for Ohio State. They're ranked #2 and #3 respectively. Hopefully, they'll both get some good playing time.