PDA

View Full Version : If Martina Hingis returns later this year?

THERAFA
04-13-2009, 02:01 AM
Let's say Martina Hingis returns in September when her ban is up and gets into the form that carried her to number 6 in the world (and 3 grand slam quarter-finals, losing twice to Clijsters and once to Henin) in her previous comeback, where would you rank her in today's field? How would she do against Jankovic?

grafrules
04-13-2009, 02:17 AM
Hingis is done. Stick a fork in her. Her comeback was pretty good in 2006, but already starting to suck in its second year in 2007 anyway, all of a sudden losing early rounds at most of her events, dropping to the low part of the top 20, starting a losing streak to Patty Schnyder.

1970CRBase
04-13-2009, 02:28 AM
Let's say Martina Hingis returns in September when her ban is up and gets into the form that carried her to number 6 in the world (and 3 grand slam quarter-finals, losing twice to Clijsters and once to Henin) in her previous comeback, where would you rank her in today's field? How would she do against Jankovic?

After such a dismal year of WTA after Henin walked away, I would truly like to see Hingis return. Well, after she's done her time. Wouldn't know where to rank her in today's field of players where an apparently half interested Serena Williams playing @ approximately 50% of her prime is by far the best player.

Bud
04-13-2009, 02:37 AM

She was banned in January of 2008 for a duration of 2 years. She'll be 29 in September... so when her ban ends in 2010 she'll be well on her way to 30.

Like the other poster stated... stick a fork in her, she's done.

THERAFA
04-13-2009, 02:56 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/7077525.stm

The International Tennis Federation has rejected Hingis's appeal and given her a ban starting on 1 October, 2007.

She should come back and get Roland Garros to complete the Career Grand Slam.

kungfusmkim
04-13-2009, 04:51 AM
Hmm as much as i hate the crack smoking, coke sniffing, brainless, rude, insanely ugly, chick, i think the WTA actually needs hingis. Because Radwanska has been doing a horrible job replacing her obviously. And also WTA has toooooo many muscle freaks. Ivanovic, Williams sisters, Clijsters, Azarenka and on and on and on. Hingis will surely put some good ol' butt kicking fun times in the game. Remember 2006 match between her and Sharapova? That was amazingly fun.

THERAFA
04-13-2009, 04:56 AM
That was good fun, I think Hingis won 6-1 6-2 and at one point Hingis was about to serve and she put the tennis ball on her throat and opened her mouth wide and laughed as if to suggest Sharapova was choking :D

kungfusmkim
04-13-2009, 05:21 AM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH I've never seen that they should put that up online. LAWL

Staiger
04-13-2009, 05:25 AM
poor Hingis ...she will get my full support when she return ..everyone makes mistakes in life ! who would have thought that she would get caught by sniffing coke ...