PDA

View Full Version : Would Federer consider commentating after retirement?

Josherer
04-13-2009, 05:59 AM
Hey Guys,

Been watching some youtube videos of Federer matches and interviews and I'm really dredding the day he eventually retires, as I would defaintly not enjoy the sport as much without his presence.

My question is, do you think Federer would considering doing some commentating after his retirement?

He has such a great knowledge of the game and is quite intelligent. I think he'd make a fantastic commentator if he decided to do so.

I know he wouldn't have to do it for the money, but do you think he would miss the game so much that he'd consider commentating?

What are your thoughts?

kungfusmkim
04-13-2009, 06:08 AM
His had too much success in the game to be commentating. Commentating usually goes towards player who epic failed in their tennis career. Except three. The following excpetions include:
1. Navratilova
2. Mcenroe
3. Davenport

kungfusmkim
04-13-2009, 06:09 AM
In stead of federer commentating, i'd rather have Sampras and Agassi being the Commentator.

2ndserveace
04-13-2009, 06:53 AM
In stead of federer commentating, i'd rather have Sampras and Agassi being the Commentator.
That would be cool. But don't think Fed would be a good commentator. He would have to lighten up and become more open to be good. The only time I can ever remember seeing Fed happy and loose is at his charity event a few years ago (may have been at Indian Wells). He was hilarious there.

icedevil0289
04-13-2009, 07:12 AM
That would be cool. But don't think Fed would be a good commentator. He would have to lighten up and become more open to be good. The only time I can ever remember seeing Fed happy and loose is at his charity event a few years ago (may have been at Indian Wells). He was hilarious there.

I remember agassi was there as well. Fed was definitely hilarious.

mandy01
04-13-2009, 07:23 AM
[/B]

I remember agassi was there as well. Fed was definitely hilarious. LOL Didnt Agassi say something like "Roger,your backhand is really cute!"?
Definitely hilarious :lol:

icedevil0289
04-13-2009, 07:27 AM
LOL Didnt Agassi say something like "Roger,your backhand is really cute!"?
Definitely hilarious :lol:

yeah something like that. They have the entire match between agassi and roger on youtube and roger definitely was funny. Agassi was, as usual, funny as well.

gj011
04-13-2009, 07:37 AM
Federer would be a terrible commentator. He is so egocentric so he would not be capable of commenting other players games properly.

2ndserveace
04-13-2009, 07:56 AM
yeah something like that. They have the entire match between agassi and roger on youtube and roger definitely was funny. Agassi was, as usual, funny as well.
They also mafe fun of each other's hair:grin:

RalphNYC
04-13-2009, 08:17 AM
They have the entire match between agassi and roger on youtube and roger definitely was funny.

Would you mind posting a link - would love to check it out - thanks!

icedevil0289
04-13-2009, 08:23 AM
Would you mind posting a link - would love to check it out - thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7h_yehlKRk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REFyvf02Pfo&feature=related

this is just the federer vs. agassi match. I love when fed says, "I wish my cow was here to see this."

veroniquem
04-13-2009, 08:30 AM
Me too. Agassi rarely commented but when he did I found him smart and captivating. Sampras is also very articulate. They would make a great commenting team!

RoddickRook
04-13-2009, 08:40 AM

So true, and you can relate this to his game as well. I say, if he's going to have any chance of taking back his glory, he'll have to lighten up, be more open, and be loose.

VivalaVida
04-13-2009, 08:41 AM
Roddick should be commentator. He is pretty funny of court.