PDA

View Full Version : Jonas, TYM, Tandayu

nickhudson
03-10-2005, 02:07 PM
Regarding your post on new vs. old PC 600 frames. I called Tennis spot and they stated that they received 750 newer models with "prestige classic 600 mid" written on them. The gentleman stated that they were 1 year and a half old. Would these frames be the ones you are referring to as the "new batch". They don't simply say "classic mid" on them. Any recommendations on where to find a couple of ones from 5 - 10 years ago? Please piggy-back on your previous post if you have any more info. Thanks.

tandayu
03-10-2005, 09:50 PM
The best thing is to try yourself & determine if you like it. In my case, the older version are made in Austria (printed on frame) which come in darker red with almost black on top part of the frame, but I am not sure if all like this. Somebody told me that some "made in Austria" (printed on frame, not sticker) is lighter than others. Some "designed in Austria" are same spec as "made in Austria".

Here is the different cosmetics that I have:
- "made in Austria" on side beam, prestige classic 600 on other side, head log oon buttcap
- "made in Austria" on top of handle, prestige classic 600 on other side, head logo on buttcap
- Prestige classic on one side, do not know what on the other side (I do not have this one)
- "Designed in Austria" on top of handle, prestige classic 600 on other side, hologram buttcap, "made in austria" small sticker on buttcap. This one has the candy red metallic color almost evenly across the frame
- Classic mid (hologram buttcap). Same color as above

I am not aware if there is any other cosmetic variation exist.

I am not comfortable with the place that you mentioned, because they never gave me a straight answer. They go round and round , but never answer the question. This same experience also happen to another poster on this forum. He told me one question was answered in 15 minutes, but in the end he did not get the answer.

Deuce
03-11-2005, 12:15 AM
Classic Mids were 'Designed in Austria', and are the same as 'Prestige Classics' that were 'Designed in Austria'. Same mold, same time. Only difference is the absence of the plastic/rubber 'collar' at the top of the grip on the Classic Mids.

North America received 'Classic Mids' only because the name 'Prestige' was owned by Wilson in North America for a couple of years.

nickhudson
03-11-2005, 04:19 AM
Thanks for the help guys!

loubapache
03-21-2005, 10:11 AM
<<
- Prestige classic on one side, do not know what on the other side (I do not have this one)
>>

I am getting this one this week so I will know what's on the other side.

Marius_Hancu
08-27-2005, 02:56 PM
Here is the different cosmetics that I have:
- "made in Austria" on side beam, prestige classic 600 on other side, head log oon buttcap
- "made in Austria" on top of handle, prestige classic 600 on other side, head logo on buttcap
- "Designed in Austria" on top of handle, prestige classic 600 on other side, hologram buttcap, "made in austria" small sticker on buttcap. This one has the candy red metallic color almost evenly across the frame
- Classic mid (hologram buttcap). Same color as above

I am not aware if there is any other cosmetic variation exist.

I just bought one from TS.com and contrary to what their site says "Made in Austria" the inscriptions on the above the handle are indeed "Designed in Austria" but the buttcap hologram (?) is marked "Made in Czech Republic".

These might be the latest versions produced anywhere.

Guess these were made in the Czech Republic until the manufacturing of PC 600 was discontinued and the production line was moved in China.

Marius_Hancu
08-27-2005, 02:58 PM
Does anyone have a photograph of the "pallets" in order to understand what are they all about?

Also, where can be lead be introduced in the handle/grip and how? Any space under the buttcap? How difficult is the buttcap to be removed? I remember the ones in the Chinese made 6.0 85s were nailed in the plastic of the handle. Nasty.