PDA

View Full Version : What racquet does Nicolas Lapentti use?

rafainbuffalo
04-13-2009, 09:58 AM
It is a new pure drive but is it a paint job or real and also is it standard length or an extended length. Thank you.:)

NickC
04-13-2009, 11:41 AM
It is a new pure drive but is it a paint job or real and also is it standard length or an extended length. Thank you.:)

It's painted over, obviously. Can you think of any male pro (besides Odesnik) who uses one of the modern Pure Drives? No? That's because there are none. The new batch and the last batch of Pure Drives feel like absolute horsesh*t in comparison to the first and second generation Pure Drives. They haven't been well received comerically, so why would any pros like them?

I believe his frame is standard legnth, though.

ihearit1st
04-13-2009, 02:44 PM
It's painted over, obviously. Can you think of any male pro (besides Odesnik) who uses one of the modern Pure Drives? No? That's because there are none. The new batch and the last batch of Pure Drives feel like absolute horsesh*t in comparison to the first and second generation Pure Drives. They haven't been well received comerically, so why would any pros like them?

So you've seen it up close? It seems like a major assumption that you're making. My guess is you have no idea.

NickC
04-13-2009, 02:52 PM
So you've seen it up close? It seems like a major assumption that you're making. My guess is you have no idea.

I've seen him play a few times at the USO. Most of the time up close and personal as well. Never held his frame, but seen it from close range. And as for me having no idea, can you name 5 pros inside the top 200 that use Pure Drives, and actually use the same Pure Drive that their paintjob would suggest?

Lindsay
04-13-2009, 03:06 PM
I've seen him play a few times at the USO. Most of the time up close and personal as well. Never held his frame, but seen it from close range. And as for me having no idea, can you name 5 pros inside the top 200 that use Pure Drives, and actually use the same Pure Drive that their paintjob would suggest?

I can. Li Na, Bobby Reynolds(strung it), Wayne Odesnik(strung it), Sybille Bammer(saw it last year), Julien Benneteau.

I don't know if Lappentti is using a paintjob or not, but if he was in the past, doesn't mean he is currently.

NickC
04-13-2009, 03:29 PM
I can. Li Na, Bobby Reynolds(strung it), Wayne Odesnik(strung it), Sybille Bammer(saw it last year), Julien Benneteau.

I don't know if Lappentti is using a paintjob or not, but if he was in the past, doesn't mean he is currently.

All five are using the Pure Drive with the cortex and all that junk?

Lindsay
04-13-2009, 03:59 PM
All five are using the Pure Drive with the cortex and all that junk?

Junk to you, clearly not to them. I have personally seen 3 of them, and a stringer friend of mine verified the other 2. Some are Roddick versions. I can't say about Lapentti. I haven't ever seen his frames.

ericsson
04-14-2009, 01:45 AM

It's still his first generation Pure drive underneath, that's what he used when he joined Babolat. i know that racket quite well.

chrisplchs
04-14-2009, 07:38 AM
there are a couple of people in the top 200 that actually use the latest Pure Drive (the new one that is coming out soon) but they are probably the least worried about equipment I have ever known for a pro. All they say is "I gotta have the Lux"

But yes, most pros that use the "Pure Drive" actually use the Team version from long ago or the swirly paint version

hsv91
05-29-2010, 01:47 AM
Which String and Tension does use Lapentti the last time on clay?

Is it the BB Original or Babolat VS Team?

PED
05-29-2010, 04:52 AM
Which String and Tension does use Lapentti the last time on clay?

Is it the BB Original or Babolat VS Team?

It's BBO and usually done at 54 both ways or 53lbs :)

baseline_monster
05-29-2010, 05:42 AM

Wow, you do have a way with words and trying to make some one feel stupid. The reason more pro's are using the old pure drives is because that's what there used to. Tsonga must like the horseshit feeling? Its not different from players using old prestige and pro staffs, just what they are used to and its not worth them swaping. I agree that the cortex pure drives and the aero pro's were crap, but the new GT ones are a good improvement.

drakulie
10-24-2010, 06:37 PM
wayne odesnik is now using the Aero Pure Drive GT. BBO 1.30 at 50lbs (two piece). I strung two of them today, and they weighed in at 349 grams.

PED
10-25-2010, 05:58 AM
wayne odesnik is now using the Aero Pure Drive GT. BBO 1.30 at 50lbs (two piece). I strung two of them today, and they weighed in at 349 grams.

Nice info :) Any idea on the balance?

The APD at that weight would be a nice weapon. I've got mine at 340g and it hits a much nicer ball then in stock form.

rlau
10-25-2010, 06:08 AM
wayne odesnik is now using the Aero Pure Drive GT.

You mean AeroPro Drive GT?

drakulie
10-25-2010, 06:20 AM
Nice info :) Any idea on the balance?

The APD at that weight would be a nice weapon. I've got mine at 340g and it hits a much nicer ball then in stock form.

I didn't bother with the balance, as I was really busy.

You mean AeroPro Drive GT?

Yes, thanks for pointing that out. AeroProDrive GT.

PED
10-26-2010, 07:04 AM
I didn't bother with the balance, as I was really busy.

No problem and thanks for the weight info.:)

It's interesting how low alot of these guys string BBO: Nalby is at 50lbs as well if I remember correctly.

drakulie
10-26-2010, 07:38 PM

It's interesting how low alot of these guys string BBO: Nalby is at 50lbs as well if I remember correctly.

You're welcome. I find it interesting as well that some of them string so low. With this particular string, being so stiff, I suppose it would make some sense.

ericsson
10-27-2010, 12:05 AM

It is no problem going low with BB original, as you know the string is quite stiff so to get the most feel out of the string you have to go low, stringing the original too hard can give a dead feel to the racket.
It is also a low powered string so no worries to hit long when strung low...

PED
10-27-2010, 06:15 PM
It is no problem going low with BB original, as you know the string is quite stiff so to get the most feel out of the string you have to go low, stringing the original too hard can give a dead feel to the racket.
It is also a low powered string so no worries to hit long when strung low...

Nice string too, I used to use it in my MGPP's at 55/53. Nice power and spin.