PDA

View Full Version : Once a year only?

richied
04-13-2009, 11:35 PM
Just curious, I only watch the one ladies game a year. The Wimbledon final..too me it produces some excellent tennis (well it used to). Does any one else watch only the ladies slam finals? Like me...to be honest I don't even watch the AO, FO or US open finals anymore...should I?? Am I missing great history and players??

I lost touch with the ladies game years ago...I couldn't tell who was in the top ten, I'm not even sure who's number 1--Serena????(i'm hoping it's Serena, she deserves it).

I never used to mind watching the ladies play..it was good tennis...but now...F&&*..who has the time????

Leublu tennis
04-14-2009, 02:44 AM
WTA is a waste of time and money. If they were not subsidized by money that should go to ATP, there would be no WTA.

charliefedererer
04-14-2009, 05:55 AM
The WTA has some great ball strikers, but with the loss of Justine Henin and Martina Hingis, the strategy and inventive shotmaking that they brought to the game is missing. I think it is still interesting to watch, but it seems all too often, one player looks dominating that day, and before you know it, the match is over. On the men's side, in the Slams, the need to win three sets makes it more likely that several momentum shifts can occur. Also, we've been spoiled with Federer and Nadal and some epic Slam finals recently.

jamesblakefan#1
04-14-2009, 06:09 AM
WTA is a waste of time and money. If they were not subsidized by money that should go to ATP, there would be no WTA.

Yeah, but that doesn't answer the question. I don't buy the argument that "HENIN LEAVING KILLED WOMENS TENNIS" at least not to me. You shouldn't stop watching just because one player left. If that were the case, you would have stopped watching after Navrilatilova, or Graf, retired.

But to answer the question, I actually find the women's game ok, just depending on who's playing. There are some talented young players, like Azarenka, Radwanska, Safina, who shouldn't be ignored by these "the women's game is all the same" fools. What, do you think all the men are serving and volleying all of the sudden. About 85-90% of the men play the same baseline bashing game that so many rip into the women's game for.

Lefty5
04-14-2009, 07:46 AM
i know I'm in the minority, but I watch tennis to see strategy and competition unfold before my eyes, to me it doesn't really matter if its WTA or ATP or who is playing as long as the match is competitive.

drakulie
04-14-2009, 08:10 AM
I lost touch with the ladies game years ago...I couldn't tell who was in the top ten, I'm not even sure who's number 1--Serena????(i'm hoping it's Serena, she deserves it).

Why would she "deserve it" if it's not her?? Thought you haven't been keeping upi with the women's game????

Anyway, the problem, as I see it with the women's game today is>>> THE WOMEN.

Mason
04-14-2009, 02:41 PM
i just dont find womens tennis exciting. there isnt the pace or the sheer athleticism on the ATP

woodrow1029
04-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Exactly the type of answer that would be expected from you lately.