PDA

View Full Version : Jan Michael Gambill on Tough Love

LPShanet
04-14-2009, 11:41 AM
Did anyone see Jan Michael Gambill's appearance on the cheesy reality show Tough Love on Sunday? I'm not at all sure why he agreed to be on the show. Does he have something he's going to plug soon? For the record, I'm curious to see whether the girl he went out with (whom they've essentially written out of every episode because of her complete lack of a personality or reason for being on the show) actually turns out to be medically diagnosed as the first person ever to not have any personality at all (as opposed to just having a boring or minimal one). Anyone? Clearly, I'm trying to raise the level here at TT by posting on this topic of such a highbrow nature.

Rob_C
04-14-2009, 11:47 AM
I saw it last night, I was gonna start a thread, but decided against it. Does this mean he's officially retired now???

moonbat
04-14-2009, 01:28 PM
I didn't see it (thank god), but I'm sure it couldn't be any worse than Mark Philippoussis on "Age Of Love."

J011yroger
04-14-2009, 01:58 PM
Hey LPS, are you going to be around this spring/summer?

J

bluescreen
04-14-2009, 04:56 PM
yes, i saw it. it reminded me a lot of skud's stunt, but jan michael was never that big of a name. im curious as to how they got him for the show. it must know the mentor/teacher guy, whatever his name is.

and yes, i agree, that girl has no personality. i dont see this ending well. she'll probably leave the show early like stasha, but only because people will forget she was there.

Fee
04-14-2009, 07:04 PM
He has not retired. He had his reasons for doing it, which I can understand. He thinks he'll be shown in one more episode.

JW10S
04-14-2009, 07:09 PM
He has made it very clear he wants to go into show business after tennis.

slice bh compliment
04-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Mark Phillipoussis and now Jan Mike? On reality television. No way.

atatu
04-14-2009, 07:28 PM
He has not retired. He had his reasons for doing it, which I can understand. He thinks he'll be shown in one more episode.

Is he doing it because everyone assumes he's on the "other team" ?

CanadianChic
04-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Everyone assumes half of Hollywood is on the "other team". I say good for him for this endeavor and I look forward to cheering him on on the court soon.

Fee
04-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Is he doing it because everyone assumes he's on the "other team" ?

Everyone? and No, to answer your question.

AndrewD
04-14-2009, 08:26 PM
He has not retired..

I thought he had retired, started an academy in Hawaii and was moving operations across to the mainland (California?) ?

Fee
04-14-2009, 08:29 PM
I thought he had retired, started an academy in Hawaii and was moving operations across to the mainland (California?) ?

Nope, still playing, or attempting to. His ranking sucks so he needs a few wildcards. He'll play team tennis again this summer. The academy has moved to Orange County, Chuck and Torrey and another guy whose name I just forgot are taking care of it.

Well, might as post the link... http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?id=1609035&vid=372653

CanadianChic
04-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Aarrgh! Darn American video links!

LPShanet
04-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Hey LPS, are you going to be around this spring/summer?

J

Hey J011y....yes, I should be around. Not sure what my travel/work schedule will be, but I'll be in NY at least part of it. Let's get out there and hit some.

LPShanet
04-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Everyone? and No, to answer your question.

So give us a hint, Fee. Why is he doing it? I was curious, as I thought he was obviously out of that girl's league, and wasn't sure what he stood to gain from it (other than doing the host a favor). And the pain of holding a conversation with that girl might not be worth the trouble.

Fee
04-18-2009, 10:09 AM
I don't understand what you mean that he was out of that WOMAN's league. He is no better or worse than her, they are both just people. We don't have a caste system here in the US.

JMG doesn't know the host, he wasn't doing him a favor.

moonbat
04-18-2009, 10:42 AM
I don't understand what you mean that he was out of that WOMAN's league. He is no better or worse than her, they are both just people. We don't have a caste system here in the US.

Heh. Nicely said!

NandoMania
04-18-2009, 10:53 AM
Where am I?
Did I fall down the rabbit hole?
Reality, not actuality?

stormholloway
04-18-2009, 11:15 AM
I thought Gambill was openly gay. Am I thinking of another player?

Fee
04-18-2009, 02:49 PM

You must be, but I can't think of any. Are you thinking of one of the Women's players perhaps?

LPShanet
04-18-2009, 10:58 PM

JMG doesn't know the host, he wasn't doing him a favor.

What I was referring to was that she seemed like a total drip, and he's a guy with a personality, and lots of options in the dating realm...so I was surprised. On the show, the host guy says Jan Michael is a friend of is, so if he's not, you still haven't given us a clue as to why he would go on the show. Care to offer some insight for us?

LN_Dad
08-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Doesn't he get paid for being on the show? BTW, he won a futures qualifying tournament today. His serve is still pretty fast.

Leelord337
08-23-2009, 07:59 PM

i met jmg a few years ago, very laid back and cool guy, his brother actually hit w/my friend on center court at wtt when the houston wranglers were a team a few years ago. it was great to see him on the show, way more personality than the age of love guy, mark phillippoussis.

also is jmg still playing wtt?