PDA

View Full Version : IPFW Tennis

Mastadon_10S
04-14-2009, 01:58 PM
I just wanted to give a shout out to the men's and women's teams out at IPFW (Indiana University Purdue University Fort Wayne). I used to play on the mens team a few years back and I was the women's assistant coach at IPFW for a season.

The women took the regular season Summit league title with a recored of 22-3 for the year. The men's team earned a berth to conference tournament for the first time.

Go Dons!

BigBUBBA
04-16-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm very close friends with the #3 on the women's team, and I agree, they are a very good team and I wish them the best of luck for the Mastodons at NCAA Tourney.

DangerDan
04-17-2009, 10:06 AM
I've been checking out the Mastadons since my son just landed a scholarship to Indiana Tech University (ITU)which appears to be only 2.5 miles to the south.

In fact last week I busted a gut when reading the headline on their tennis homepage (men's team) which read something to the affect of "Mastodons lose to the Rabbits & Kangaroos" Talk about 3 unlikely school mascots in 1 sentence. Any macho mascots in this league? No Lions, Tigers, Eagles, Wolverines? Proabably just me but it struck me as funny!

Other question: Do the Don's & ITU Warriors (now that's a team name) ever hook up for scrimmages or practices since the schools are so close?

Also what's up with the 12 oudoor courts at Ivy Tech Community College, doesn't even look like they have a team. My son says ITU practices at a nice park toward downtown Ft Wayne.

Mastadon_10S
04-19-2009, 08:25 AM
I'm very close friends with the #3 on the women's team, and I agree, they are a very good team and I wish them the best of luck for the Mastodons at NCAA Tourney.
^^^Kobayashi? You don't live in town do you?

I've been checking out the Mastadons since my son just landed a scholarship to Indiana Tech University (ITU)which appears to be only 2.5 miles to the south.

In fact last week I busted a gut when reading the headline on their tennis homepage (men's team) which read something to the affect of "Mastodons lose to the Rabbits & Kangaroos" Talk about 3 unlikely school mascots in 1 sentence. Any macho mascots in this league? No Lions, Tigers, Eagles, Wolverines? Proabably just me but it struck me as funny!

Other question: Do the Don's & ITU Warriors (now that's a team name) ever hook up for scrimmages or practices since the schools are so close?

Also what's up with the 12 oudoor courts at Ivy Tech Community College, doesn't even look like they have a team. My son says ITU practices at a nice park toward downtown Ft Wayne.

^^^ The league has some 'tough' mascots... golden eagles, bobcats, + bulldogs. Anyway ITU and IPFW have never hooked up to my knowledge. We never played them when I was in school.

Also, to my knowledge, Ivy Tech has never had a team.

Mastadon_10S
04-19-2009, 08:28 AM

Is Dan Moster still the coach out there?

DangerDan
04-20-2009, 08:46 AM
^^^ The league has some 'tough' mascots... golden eagles, bobcats, + bulldogs. Anyway ITU and IPFW have never hooked up to my knowledge. We never played them when I was in school.

Also, to my knowledge, Ivy Tech has never had a team.[/QUOTE]

Yes, my son reminded the women Dons play the Oakland University Golden Grizzlies, which is about 10 miles east of us.

Also ITU has only had a team for 2 or maybe 3 years. So if you've been gone a few years that may be why.

Dan Mosher is indeed the coach.