PDA

View Full Version : Predict howmany Grandslams each of the current top 10 will finish with within their..

Pages : [1] 2

Tennis_Maestro
04-14-2009, 05:57 PM
career...

A little debate and comments are welcome, but lets keep this free of any stupid squabble's between Fed and Nadal *****, or even people who intensly disagree with a person's predictions.

Be sure i'll be bumping this thread back up as each year passes.. :D

Here are mine.

1) Rafael Nadal (ESP) - 10 French Opens, 3 Wimbledon's, 2 US Open's and 2 Australian Open's - TOTAL - 17 Grandslams

2) Roger Federer (SUI) - 7 Wimbledon's, 6 US Open's and 4 Australian Open's - TOTAL - 17 Grandslams

3) Novak Djokovic (SRB) - 3 Australian Open's, 2 US Open's, 1 Wimbledon and 1 French Open - TOTAL - 7 Grandslams

4) Andy Murray (GBR) - 4 US Open's, 3 Australian Open's and 2 Wimbledon's - TOTAL -9 Grandslams

5) Juan Martin del Potro (ARG) - 1 Australian Open and 1 US Open - TOTAL - 2 Grandslams

6) Andy Roddick (USA) - 1 US Open - TOTAL - 1 Grandslam (Sorry all American's)

7) Gilles Simon (FRA) - TOTAL 0 Grandslams

8 ) Fernando Verdasco (ESP) - 1 Australian or US Open - TOTAL -1 GRANDSLAM

9) Nikolay Davydenko (RUS) - Might sneak a French if Nadal gets injured, altho i don't see it. - TOTAL - 0 Grandslams

10) Gael Monfils (FRA) - TOTAL - 0 Grandslams

Serendipitous
04-14-2009, 06:00 PM
I seriously doubt that Little Feddy Teddy will win another grand slam, let alone 4 more.

Fernando Verdasky O's will never win one.

I also don't believe that Nadal will win 6 more French Opens.....maybe 3 or 4 more.

Nice thread, by the way. :)

Tennis_Maestro
04-14-2009, 06:02 PM
I seriously doubt that Little Feddy Teddy will win another grand slam, let alone 4 more.

I also don't believe that Nadal will win 6 more French Opens.....maybe 3 or 4 more.

Ahh, Federer will, my gut tells me his serve will carry him to win atleast 2 more Wimby's and perhaps sneak another US Open.

Thanks, what are yours?

egn
04-14-2009, 06:04 PM
how many times I have done this...

Nadal - 12 slams
Federer - 15 slams
Djokovic - 5 slams
Murray - 3 slams
Del Potro - 3 slams
Roddick - 1 slam
SImon - 0 slams
Verdasco - 0 slams
Davy - 0 slams
Monfils - 0 slams

Serendipitous
04-14-2009, 06:04 PM
Ahh, Federer will, my gut tells me his serve will carry him to win atleast 2 more Wimby's and perhaps sneak another US Open.

Thanks, what are yours?

I am pretty much in agreement with you......:)

helloworld
04-14-2009, 06:06 PM
LOL!! 10 French Open for Nadal?? Your prediction for Federer and Nadal are quite absurd.

icedevil0289
04-14-2009, 06:06 PM

Thanks, what are yours?

huh? His serve has been MIA for the past few matches.

helloworld
04-14-2009, 06:09 PM

Thanks, what are yours?

If his serve can do that, then Karlovic must be god now. :)

Tennis_Maestro
04-14-2009, 06:09 PM
LOL!! 10 French Open for Nadal?? Your prediction for Federer and Nadal are quite absurd.

Not really bro.

He's 22 now, lets assume his body holds out till ... 27 .. 28 .. thats a further 5/6 years .. in which time he might be injured once?

Federer will be out the picture completely, in 2 years from now and altho Murray, Djokovic plus the odd few new comers that may pop in to the scene are there, it'll be pretty hard to dethrown the king of clay.

Federer to win a further 3-4 grandslams is hardly absurd.

Tennis_Maestro
04-14-2009, 06:10 PM
If his serve can do that, then Karlovic must be god now. :)

lol

Do you want me to take this post seriously?

Tennis_Maestro
04-14-2009, 06:11 PM
huh? His serve has been MIA for the past few matches.

:neutral: :neutral:

icedevil0289
04-14-2009, 06:12 PM
:neutral: :neutral:

well I don't mean MIA, but it hasn't been that great. His serving his definitely no where near what it used to be. I don't know what the statistics have been, but overall it hasn't been good. His serve alone is not going to get him another grandslam.

Tennis_Maestro
04-14-2009, 06:14 PM
well I don't mean MIA, but it hasn't been that great. His serving his definitely no where near what it used to be. I don't know what the statistics have been, but overall it hasn't been good. His serve alone is not going to get him another grandslam.

"Past few matches"

Its not logic to judge how a player's going to do in their career based on recent form bro.

icedevil0289
04-14-2009, 06:16 PM
"Past few matches"

Its not logic to judge how a player's going to do in their career based on recent form bro.

1. I'm not your bro
2. When you make a prediction, isn't that what you base it on?

Tennis_Maestro
04-14-2009, 06:20 PM
1. I'm not your bro
2. When you make a prediction, isn't that what you base it on?

1. Its a figure of speech.
2. No, if i were to do that, i'd have predicted Murray to finish @ around the 20+ mark and Nadal likewise.

egn
04-14-2009, 06:23 PM
1) Rafael Nadal (ESP) - 10 French Opens, 3 Wimbledon's, 2 US Open's and 2 Australian Open's - TOTAL - 17 Grandslams

Okay this is absurd. 10 French Opens? that is 6 more years...that puts him 28. That is requiring he wins them all in a row! The 2 rest seem reasonable but that many French Opens. Someone is going to beat him eventually and he is going to most likely be worse off than Federer at 28.

2) Roger Federer (SUI) - 7 Wimbledon's, 6 US Open's and 4 Australian Open's - TOTAL - 17 Grandslams

I see this to be a bit absurd to. I see him getting 15 max and I am hopeful, are Murray and Djokovic and Nadal just going to vanish. You have Fed getting to 17 and Nadal getting to 17 think about this. Fed and Nadal with your predictions for Djokovic and Murray and your random Verdasco slam might have to win slams into their mid 30s CONSISTENTLY.

3) Novak Djokovic (SRB) - 3 Australian Open's, 2 US Open's, 1 Wimbledon and 1 French Open - TOTAL - 7 Grandslams

7 seems like a nice hopeful reach, but I agree he has a good chance at winning them all.

4) Andy Murray (GBR) - 4 US Open's, 3 Australian Open's and 2 Wimbledon's - TOTAL -7 Grandslams

Ehh a bit extreme, he has a great game but right now I am still doubtful about 4 or 5 slams for him, but I think he needs time.

5) Juan Martin del Potro (ARG) - 1 Australian Open and 1 US Open - TOTAL - 2 Grandslams

I actually see him getting 1 more but than again I feel it is to early to tell with him I think we are going to see him develop even more soon.

No need to apologize for the truth.

Right about that.

Now this made me confused..Fernando Verdasco at 25 who has made one slam semi in his life and is low top 10 has more chance of winning a slam than Roddick who is 26 or 27 but has been playing consistently in the top for the past 7 years? Verdasco had his run..he will be lucky to get to the semis again in a slam. I would say better lucky if he played serve and volley but he doesn't so no chance at a Wimby. The US Open definitely not with Fed, Djoker, Murray, Nadal, Roddick, Tsogna, Del Potro and Cilic healthy I do not see how he stands a chance.

9) Nikolay Davydenko (RUS) - Might sneak a French if Nadal gets injured, altho i don't see it. - TOTAL - 0 Grandslams

He wouldn't sneak it anymore, Djokovic or Fed would do that.

[/quote]
Although I agree at the moment I feel this might change if he switches his game to a power game..if he does not I do not see him winning any, but if he does switch it yes.

GameSampras
04-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Fed- 14
Nadal-12
Djoker- 4
Murray 6
Tsonga- 1
Verdasco- Maybe 1

The rest at this point.. None.. the way it is going. By the time Nadal gets done dominating slams and is out of his prime and Djoker and Murray are finished, there will prolly be a whole new group of players ready to win and take over the reigns.

Del Potro? Overrated. I wouldnt be surprised if he never wins a slam. Hes like the equivalent of Nalbandian to me. He hasnt proven his worth at the slams

soggyramen
04-14-2009, 06:25 PM
1. Nadal- if Nadal didn't rely so much on his legs and didn't play so many grinding matches, I'd say he'd have many more slams to stand on but the truth is, if he didn't grind so much he probably wouldn't have as many as he does now. I don't think he'll ever have enough gas in the tank left to ever win the USO. TOTAL SLAMS: 13

2. Federer- Yes I am a Fed fan but in all honesty I think as long as Fed has the heart to go after Pete's record, you can' count him out of anything. I see him breaking Pete's record and then being a consistent threat at slams but never win again. I'd say his last two come at Wimbledon and the USO or USO and AO TOTAL SLAMS: 15

3. Djokovic- He's been shaky this year and last year after that great start to 2008. I see him regaining his form but being inconsistent too often to win more than one other slam. Will win it at the AO or USO.
TOTAL SLAMS: 2

4. Murray- The reason Rafa won't dominate hardcourts when Fed retires. There's still room for improvement in his game which is the scary part. I see him winning multiple USOs and AOs but never see him winning Wimbledon as long as Nadal is there and I don't know if he'd be a threat at the French considering his lackluster peformance last year going 5-sets to take out J. Eserick (don't know if that's you spell it.) and then taken out in 4 by Almagro.
TOTAL SLAMS: 6

5. Del Potro- Fed's destroyed him badly at the AO and although top players have had some headaches with him, I don't see him making it all the way to a slam final even. I do like him as a player though but I just don't think he's good enough to make a slam final with the current field.
TOTAL SLAMS: 0

6. Roddick- Unless he flattens out that forehand and becomes more aggressive off the return, he's done for. Never again will he win a slam if he continues to play like this.
TOTAL SLAMS: 1

7. Simon- It'd be a joke for him to win a slam...

8. Verdasco- I see him making a slam final on hardcourts but nothing else. It's not impossible for him to win it if he makes a final but I wouldn't expect him to. No matter who it is. Verdasco has choked in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if he did in a slam final.

9. Davydenko- He could make a final at the French but this boy is soooo inconsistent that he'd never win a slam. He gets bashed a lot but he's a good player
TOTAL SLAMS: 0.

10. Monfils- I don't watch enough of him to get any idea but he's been doing great lately. He has a counterpuncher like style when he knows he can play aggressive. Maybe if he did, he could win one but I'm not convinced yet.

GameSampras
04-14-2009, 06:27 PM
Of course I dunno.. its possible Murray never wins a slam nor Djoker wins another one. Djoker hasnt impressed me at the slightest since AO 08. That may be his only one.. And Murray...well.. I dont see a wimbeldon or RG for him. So he has to grab the HC slams. But again.. hes another player who hasnt done jack diddly at the slams.

aphex
04-14-2009, 06:28 PM
career...

A little debate and comments are welcome, but lets keep this free of any stupid squabble's between Fed and Nadal *****, or even people who intensly disagree with a person's predictions.

Here are mine.

4) Andy Murray (GBR) - 4 US Open's, 3 Australian Open's and 2 Wimbledon's - TOTAL -7 Grandslams

Federer: 18 (+2 wimby, +2 us, +1 aus)
Nadal: 10 (+3 fo, 1 aus)
Djokovic: 9 (+4 us, +3aus, +1 fo)
Murray: 2 (+2 us)
Delpo:5 (+2 us, +2 wimby, +1 aus)

GameSampras
04-14-2009, 06:30 PM

Fed 18 slams? Not very likely at this point. He was on the track to get at least 18 slams 2 years ago. Not any more. Fed will be lucky if he can grab another 2

JayChu
04-14-2009, 06:31 PM
LOL! these predictions are a little extreme here.

T1000
04-14-2009, 06:32 PM
career...

Here are mine.

Nadal - 10
Federer - 13 or 14
Djokovic - 2
Murray - 4
Del Potro - 3
Roddick - 2
Simon - 0
Verdasco - 0
Davydenko - 0
Monfils - 1

papucla10
04-14-2009, 06:34 PM
Federer - 14-15 slams
Nadal - 11-13 slams
Djokovic - 3-4 slams
Murray - 3-4 slams
Del Potro - 1-2 slams
Roddick - 3 slam
SImon - maybe 1 slams
Verdasco - probably 1 slams
Davy - 0 slams
Monfils - He is young and has a powerfull game when he wants so if starts joking between points less I would say 2-3 slams

GameSampras
04-14-2009, 06:40 PM
LOL! these predictions are a little extreme here.

I know right... I dunno about Djoker collecting the slams... Nor Murray for that matter. Murray has a chance to prolly win more than Djoker considering Djoker's headcaseness and his breathing problems. Nadal very well can get close to the slam record but I wouldnt hold my breathe. The older Nadal gets the tougher it will be for him since he wont keep up this level.

Fed 18 slams? No way. 15 slams is reasonable but I think he needs to get one this year anyways. If he goes slamless this year, there may be no turning back and Fed may never win another. Its obvious hes slowing down a pretty rapid pace even though he is still making slam finals but its still not enough

Who knows what can happen in 2-3 years time. Hell just 2 years ago most people were projecting Fed to win close to 20 slams. Now look... He's stuck on 13 still

S H O W S T O P P E R !
04-14-2009, 06:49 PM
I think Monfils can win one eventually. He's pretty young (21-22) and has incredible speed and arguably the best forehand in the game. He could win a hardcourt slam; he beat Nadal and Gonzo at the AO.

aphex
04-14-2009, 06:56 PM
Fed 18 slams? Not very likely at this point. He was on the track to get at least 18 slams 2 years ago. Not any more. Fed will be lucky if he can grab another 2

Admittedly my prediction is optimistic but imho fed's best on grass and hard is still far,far better than anyone. So, I think that if things start clicking again noone can stop him. If not, no more slams...so let me revise my prediction: federer: either 13 or 18 slams

papucla10
04-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Nadal - 10
Federer - 13 or 14
Djokovic - 2
Murray - 4
Del Potro - 3
Roddick - 2
Simon - 0
Verdasco - 0
Davydenko - 0
Monfils - 1

Funny to say Federer - 13 or 14 he already has 13. Also although Tsonga is out of the top 10 I think he has more chances of winning a Grand slam than many of the current top 10s.

Also I don't think Monfils has argually the best forehand in the game, it is recognized that Federer has the best forehand in the game although it is letting him down currently, after him I would say Gonzo, Tsonga and Verdasco have better forehands than Monfils right now.

JayChu
04-14-2009, 07:15 PM
These are my predictions (and I believe it might be more reasonable than others)

Nadal - I do not believe that he has the ability of Federer to win that many grand slams. However, I do believe that he can win somewhere between 12-14 grand slams (Probably more than half being at RG, 3 Wimbledons, 2 AO. Maybe 1 USO, but I highly doubt it). He has age on his side, and he has the attitude of knowing when to improve his game (unlike a certain someone named Fed). However, if he continues to play too much tennis, then his body will break down and if that is the case then I'm gonna lower my prediction to about 10 or 11.

Federer - based on how he is playing right now, do not believe he has the ability to pass Sampras' mark of 14 GS, unless he pulls a miracle (like not facing Nadal). So I am thinking that he is going to either tie Sampras or just be left at 13. Plus, he needs to get over this hump that he is going through.

Djokovic - I say he can win at least 3-4 GS max. Nadal and Murray (sometimes Federer and Roddick) has his number. But he does have age on his side, so that can work in his favor.

Murray - I think he has more variety than Djokovic and seen how he has the great ability to beat the top 3, I say that he can win 5-6 GS. I say he starts to win a GS this year by winning the USO.

Del Porto - NONE. He got badly beaten my Federer at AO, and I believe that his win against Nadal was a once in a lifetime thing. He might reach one or two finals, but will get pwned in them at the end.

Roddick - 1-3. As much as I would like to say more than 1, I believe his time is winding down. I would like to see him lift the Wimbledon trophy, but I do not think it is going to happen. If he continues to grind, who knows (maybe he might get lucky and reach a slam where it doesn't contain the name Federer..he is 1-0 in GS finals not named Federer, 0-4 against him)

Simon - None. His time in the top 10 is going down soon as well. Maybe reach QF at a few, but won't advance any further.

Verdasco - None. Verdasco can reach a few more semis, but that is all I think. He doesn't have the game to beat the top players that are ahead of him. He can challenge them, but not beat them.

Davydenko - None. Age is not on his side, and he can get easily beaten by the players that are ranked ahead of him.

Monfils - None, but can be a surprising 1 IF he changes his style of play. He plays too wildly and because of it he is prone to getting injured way too much. Unless he changes his style, I don't believe that he will be lifting any GS trophies at all.

That's how I see it.

Serendipitous
04-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Monfils is a beast, but he chooses to push most of the time.

If he played with his brain AND his brawn he might have a shot at a slam.

GameSampras
04-14-2009, 07:16 PM
Admittedly my prediction is optimistic but imho fed's best on grass and hard is still far,far better than anyone. So, I think that if things start clicking again noone can stop him. If not, no more slams...so let me revise my prediction: federer: either 13 or 18 slams

Well I think it will all depend on how he finishes the rest of this year. There may still be hope Fed can go above and beyond the slam record if he can manage Wimbeldon and the USO this year. But to break the record IMO he has to grab at least one of the two this year. If he goes slamless this year, he may never recover. His play is dipping and it appears his focus isnt on tennis as it should be. It seems he hasnt practiced as much as he should and players are beginning to come along who can take Fed out. So I dunno..

He had his chances to start the year off with a bang winning the AO. Who knows how it will follow him the rest of the year.

If he thinks he can just stay on cruise control and just "hope" to win more slams I dont think thats enough. He needs to put the focus and time in. This may be his last year window of opportunity. The competition is getting better and better and Fed isnt. He needs to rise to the next level

aphex
04-14-2009, 07:26 PM
Well I think it will all depend on how he finishes the rest of this year. There may still be hope Fed can go above and beyond the slam record if he can manage Wimbeldon and the USO this year. But to break the record IMO he has to grab at least one of the two this year. If he goes slamless this year, he may never recover. His play is dipping and it appears his focus isnt on tennis as it should be. It seems he hasnt practiced as much as he should and players are beginning to come along who can take Fed out. So I dunno..

He had his chances to start the year off with a bang winning the AO. Who knows how it will follow him the rest of the year.

If he thinks he can just stay on cruise control and just "hope" to win more slams I dont think thats enough. He needs to put the focus and time in. This may be his last year window of opportunity. The competition is getting better and better and Fed isnt. He needs to rise to the next level

Absolutely agree with all the above__18 if-and only if-he wins wimby/us 2009____actually, if he doesn't win wimby 2009, no more slams for roger--i honestly believe that there's no coming back if he loses wimby this year. it will be the final straw...

tudwell
04-14-2009, 07:31 PM
career...

Here are mine.

4) Andy Murray (GBR) - 4 US Open's, 3 Australian Open's and 2 Wimbledon's - TOTAL -9 Grandslams

Your predictions have these guys winning the next 33 grand slams. That's over 8 years. I don't think any of these guys will be winning slams 8 years from now.

VivalaVida
04-14-2009, 07:41 PM
These predictions are so whack. That is why I wont make one. Djokovic and Murray winning 5 grandslams? I dont know. Edberg won 6 grand slams but he was one of the best ever. I find it hard to believe that every upcoming player is going to win several grand slams. ROFL @ Verdasco. I doubt that guy will ever win a masters event much less a GS

CyBorg
04-14-2009, 08:00 PM
All of them will win zero grand slams.

Safinator_1
04-14-2009, 08:01 PM
you guys talk about winning slam like its so simple there is no need to go to extreme lengths on these predictions 17 slams for Nadal and Fed a piece 0.0 I'm all for hope and dreams but be a bit realistic here. Slams are not so easy to win

grafselesfan
04-14-2009, 09:25 PM
Federer: 16 slams- 4 Australian Opens, 0 French Opens, 5 Wimbledons, 7 U.S Opens

Nadal: 18 slams- 4 Australian Opens, 8 French Opens, 4 Wimbledons, 2 U.S Opens

Murray: 5 slams- 2 Australian Opens, 0 French Opens, 1 Wimbledon, 2 U.S Opens

Djokovic: 5 slams- 2 Australian Opens, 1 French Open, 0 Wimbledon, 2 U.S Opens

The rest I have no idea at this point. I feel comfortable on those projections for the big 4 though.

grafselesfan
04-14-2009, 09:27 PM
you guys talk about winning slam like its so simple there is no need to go to extreme lengths on these predictions 17 slams for Nadal and Fed a piece 0.0 I'm all for hope and dreams but be a bit realistic here. Slams are not so easy to win

Of course they are not easy but someone is going to win them. Over the next almost 4 years 15 slams are going to go out for example, and it will be hard for anyone to break the stranglehold of the big 4. If those slams will be hard for whichever of Federer, Nadal, Djoko, and Murray wins them, imagine how incredibly hard it will be for anyone else to do it instead. Then the 4 years after that another 16, and while there will be newer or improved threats by then, it is likely Djokovic, Murray, and maybe even Nadal (depending how his body holds up) will be factors by then.

papucla10
04-14-2009, 10:44 PM
These are my predictions (and I believe it might be more reasonable than others)

Nadal - I do not believe that he has the ability of Federer to win that many grand slams. However, I do believe that he can win somewhere between 12-14 grand slams (Probably more than half being at RG, 3 Wimbledons, 2 AO. Maybe 1 USO, but I highly doubt it). He has age on his side, and he has the attitude of knowing when to improve his game (unlike a certain someone named Fed). However, if he continues to play too much tennis, then his body will break down and if that is the case then I'm gonna lower my prediction to about 10 or 11.

Federer - based on how he is playing right now, do not believe he has the ability to pass Sampras' mark of 14 GS, unless he pulls a miracle (like not facing Nadal). So I am thinking that he is going to either tie Sampras or just be left at 13. Plus, he needs to get over this hump that he is going through.

Djokovic - I say he can win at least 3-4 GS max. Nadal and Murray (sometimes Federer and Roddick) has his number. But he does have age on his side, so that can work in his favor.

Murray - I think he has more variety than Djokovic and seen how he has the great ability to beat the top 3, I say that he can win 5-6 GS. I say he starts to win a GS this year by winning the USO.

Del Porto - NONE. He got badly beaten my Federer at AO, and I believe that his win against Nadal was a once in a lifetime thing. He might reach one or two finals, but will get pwned in them at the end.

Roddick - 1-3. As much as I would like to say more than 1, I believe his time is winding down. I would like to see him lift the Wimbledon trophy, but I do not think it is going to happen. If he continues to grind, who knows (maybe he might get lucky and reach a slam where it doesn't contain the name Federer..he is 1-0 in GS finals not named Federer, 0-4 against him)

Simon - None. His time in the top 10 is going down soon as well. Maybe reach QF at a few, but won't advance any further.

Verdasco - None. Verdasco can reach a few more semis, but that is all I think. He doesn't have the game to beat the top players that are ahead of him. He can challenge them, but not beat them.

Davydenko - None. Age is not on his side, and he can get easily beaten by the players that are ranked ahead of him.

Monfils - None, but can be a surprising 1 IF he changes his style of play. He plays too wildly and because of it he is prone to getting injured way too much. Unless he changes his style, I don't believe that he will be lifting any GS trophies at all.

That's how I see it.

You have to realize that Monfils and Del Po are still very young specially Del Po, I think that if Del Po trains a little harder on his physical condition he will have a chance to win a couple of GS, he has one of the best backhand in the current game and his forehand can be pretty dangerous as well very powerful player, all he needs is a little more experience and extra work on his physical conditioning, Monfils you are right unless he changes that style of play he will have not chance, he has some powerful weapons as well but decides not to use them.

grafselesfan
04-14-2009, 11:28 PM
I could see Del Potro winning 1 or 2 slams. I cant imagine him as a player who will win a bunch of slams though.

Antonio Puente
04-14-2009, 11:32 PM
career...

Here are mine.

If you just do the math, this equals more slams than will even be played over the next 6-7 years. So, if they add a 5th major in Shanghai, and no other player emerges in the next 7 years capable of winning a slam... and these four players win every slam possible during that period, then yes, it's a good prediction.

Murray will be lucky to win one. Quit-o-vic will be lucky to win a second.

Pirao
04-15-2009, 01:11 AM

Lol, talk about wishful thinking.

I think people are going overboard a little bit here. Fed and Nadal 14+ grand slams? I like both a lot, but I find that hard to believe. Maybe Fed will do it, but I'm not sure about Nadal (and he's my favourite player). I think it will be:

Federer 14-15 GS (Wimbledon or USO)
Nadal 13 (I think he'll win them all eventually, most will be FO obviously)
Murray 5 (AO and USO)
Djokovic 4 (AO and Wimb)

The rest I don't see it. And of course, my predictions will probably go to hell if another super good youngster appears, like Nadal did years ago.

tudwell
04-15-2009, 08:19 AM
Federer: 16 slams- 4 Australian Opens, 0 French Opens, 5 Wimbledons, 7 U.S Opens

Murray: 5 slams- 2 Australian Opens, 0 French Opens, 1 Wimbledon, 2 U.S Opens

Djokovic: 5 slams- 2 Australian Opens, 1 French Open, 0 Wimbledon, 2 U.S Opens

The rest I have no idea at this point. I feel comfortable on those projections for the big 4 though.

You've added seven Australian Open and eight U.S. Open trophies to these guys' shelves. I can't see any of them winning slams 7 or 8 years down the line. There will be all sorts of new and younger players.

My predictions:

Nadal 12 (7 French Opens, 3 Australian, 2 Wimbledon)
Federer 15 (6 Wimbledon, 6 U.S. Open, 3 Australian)
Djokovic 3 (1 Australian, 1 U.S. Open, 1 Wimbledon)
Murray 4 (2 Australian Open, 2 U.S. Open)
Nobody else in the top ten at the moment will ever win a slam.

And those are very generous predictions^^^

Federer4life
04-15-2009, 09:00 AM
1. Nadal- if Nadal didn't rely so much on his legs and didn't play so many grinding matches, I'd say he'd have many more slams to stand on but the truth is, if he didn't grind so much he probably wouldn't have as many as he does now. I don't think he'll ever have enough gas in the tank left to ever win the USO. TOTAL SLAMS: 13

2. Federer- Yes I am a Fed fan but in all honesty I think as long as Fed has the heart to go after Pete's record, you can' count him out of anything. I see him breaking Pete's record and then being a consistent threat at slams but never win again. I'd say his last two come at Wimbledon and the USO or USO and AO TOTAL SLAMS: 15

3. Djokovic- He's been shaky this year and last year after that great start to 2008. I see him regaining his form but being inconsistent too often to win more than one other slam. Will win it at the AO or USO.

4. Murray- The reason Rafa won't dominate hardcourts when Fed retires. There's still room for improvement in his game which is the scary part. I see him winning multiple USOs and AOs but never see him winning Wimbledon as long as Nadal is there and I don't know if he'd be a threat at the French considering his lackluster peformance last year going 5-sets to take out J. Eserick (don't know if that's you spell it.) and then taken out in 4 by Almagro.

5. Del Potro- Fed's destroyed him badly at the AO and although top players have had some headaches with him, I don't see him making it all the way to a slam final even. I do like him as a player though but I just don't think he's good enough to make a slam final with the current field.

6. Roddick- Unless he flattens out that forehand and becomes more aggressive off the return, he's done for. Never again will he win a slam if he continues to play like this.

8. Verdasco- I see him making a slam final on hardcourts but nothing else. It's not impossible for him to win it if he makes a final but I wouldn't expect him to. No matter who it is. Verdasco has choked in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if he did in a slam final.

9. Davydenko- He could make a final at the French but this boy is soooo inconsistent that he'd never win a slam. He gets bashed a lot but he's a good player

10. Monfils- I don't watch enough of him to get any idea but he's been doing great lately. He has a counterpuncher like style when he knows he can play aggressive. Maybe if he did, he could win one but I'm not convinced yet.
TOTAL SLAMS: 1I can see all of these occuring except for Monfils

grafselesfan
04-15-2009, 11:52 AM
You've added seven Australian Open and eight U.S. Open trophies to these guys' shelves. I can't see any of them winning slams 7 or 8 years down the line. There will be all sorts of new and younger players.

My predictions:

Nadal 12 (7 French Opens, 3 Australian, 2 Wimbledon)
Federer 15 (6 Wimbledon, 6 U.S. Open, 3 Australian)
Djokovic 3 (1 Australian, 1 U.S. Open, 1 Wimbledon)
Murray 4 (2 Australian Open, 2 U.S. Open)
Nobody else in the top ten at the moment will ever win a slam.

And those are very generous predictions^^^

These predictions of there being all sorts of new and younger players often turns out to be a facade. Even if they emerge Nadal, Djokovic, and Murray are so talented they wont be easily tossed aside. Federer, Djokovic, and Murray play their best tennis on hard courts. Only Nadal doesnt but he is probably the best player of all 4 of those. It will be very hard for any up and coming players to win hard court slams. Their best chances will be on grass and clay (once Nadal ages and slows down a bit), hence my numbers.

Cloudy
04-15-2009, 01:22 PM
My predictions are Nadal 7 FOs I don't think that he will play past the age of 27 but at the moment I can't see him being beaten at the French, Wimbys 2, AOs 2, USO1 (can't actually see the USO happening but it is wishful thinking) - total slams 12 (6 more than he has now at 22 is certainly realistic)

Federer total slams 14 - I do think he will win another USO or Wimby.

Djokovic - 2 AO, 1 FO, 1 USO - so 4

Murray - 2AO, 1 wimby, 2 USO - so 5

Del Potro - 0

Roddick - 1

Simon - 0

Verdasco - 0

Davy - 0

Monfils -1 I think he could possibly sneak a FO at some point

Players out of the top 10 I still wouldn't rule out for a slam

Ferrer - on clay if he doesn't have to play Nadal. He has the game to win the french. I don't think he believes he can do it however.

Gasquet - anywhere if he could get his game ticking for a whole fortnight and resist the urge to choke. I certainly think he could win wimbledon if his game was on for a freak fortnight.

Nalby - as above but with the USO but looking more unlikely as the years go by.

Safin - one last slam before he retires you just never know with Marat.

grafselesfan
04-15-2009, 01:24 PM
The only slam Gasquet has any prayer to win is Wimbledon, and only then if he doesnt have to play Federer or Nadal and plays his absolute best 2 whole weeks, and even then only a 20% shot.
The only one out of Ferrer, Gasquet, Nalbandian, or Safin who might win a slam someday is Nalbandian. Ferrer would have to avoid Nadal or Federer at the French to win it. I dont even think Federer is the 2nd best on clay anymore but Ferrer seems more scared of him so that is why I included him. If Safin had a miracle final slam in him it would have been Wimbledon last year and it didnt happen so forget it.

Cloudy
04-15-2009, 01:28 PM
The only slam Gasquet has any prayer to win is Wimbledon, and only then if he doesnt have to play Federer or Nadal and plays his absolute best 2 whole weeks, and even then only a 20% shot.

He could win anything if he played to his potential for a whole bloody fortnight. I didn't say it was likely to happen though. I wouldn't even give him a 20% shot. He is one of these people that you can never rule out but Im probably more likely to win the lottery than Richie playing like he is on fire for a whole fortnight. But he is on my never say never list.

As for Ferrer I think he could beat Federer at the moment but I don't know if Federer will up his level for the slams, he usually does.

grafselesfan
04-15-2009, 01:32 PM
He could win anything if he played to his potential for a whole bloody fortnight. I didn't say it was likely to happen though. I wouldn't even give him a 20% shot. He is one of these people that you can never rule out but Im probably more likely to win the lottery than Richie playing like he is on fire for a whole fortnight. But he is on my never say never list.

As for Ferrer I think he could beat Federer at the moment but I don't know if Federer will up his level for the slams, he usually does.

You overrate Gasquet alot I think. Even if he played his best he has no shot win a slam on clay or hard courts. There are many players better than him on those surfaces and he doesnt have the weapons needed. I also didnt give him 20% chance. I said if he didnt have to play Federer or Nadal one year at Wimbledon, if he played his best the whole two weeks, then he would have a 20% chance. Combining those previous factors takes it below 20%.

Ferrer is petrified of Federer so he wouldnt beat Federer on any surface whether he was capable of it or not.

tudwell
04-15-2009, 01:46 PM
These predictions of there being all sorts of new and younger players often turns out to be a facade. Even if they emerge Nadal, Djokovic, and Murray are so talented they wont be easily tossed aside. Federer, Djokovic, and Murray play their best tennis on hard courts. Only Nadal doesnt but he is probably the best player of all 4 of those. It will be very hard for any up and coming players to win hard court slams. Their best chances will be on grass and clay (once Nadal ages and slows down a bit), hence my numbers.

I agree that for the next few years it's gonna be mostly those four guys winnings slams. But eight years down the line - eight - ALL of them will be older than Federer is now, and look at all the trouble he's having. Go back to 2001, eight years ago, we don't see ANY familiar faces contesting slams. Predictions of newer players aren't a facade. There are always new players entering the tour, and younger is better in tennis. I don't see Djokovic, Murray, or even Nadal winning slams at 27 or beyond (Murray and Djokovic aren't talented enough and Nadal, despite being five years younger than Federer, has almost as much wear and tear already).

GameSampras
04-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Gasquet cant play well enough for an entire slam to win any.

Tennis_Maestro
04-15-2009, 02:39 PM
Okay this is absurd. 10 French Opens? that is 6 more years...that puts him 28. That is requiring he wins them all in a row! The 2 rest seem reasonable but that many French Opens. Someone is going to beat him eventually and he is going to most likely be worse off than Federer at 28.

Yes, 10 French Opens is realistic considering Nadal's level of fitness and most importantly lack of competition he actually has on clay. Okay, perhaps he won't win 6 on the spin till 28 .. but who's to say he won't come back in his early 30s and sneak another .. thats my hunch anyway.

I see this to be a bit absurd to. I see him getting 15 max and I am hopeful, are Murray and Djokovic and Nadal just going to vanish. You have Fed getting to 17 and Nadal getting to 17 think about this. Fed and Nadal with your predictions for Djokovic and Murray and your random Verdasco slam might have to win slams into their mid 30s CONSISTENTLY. .

Federer has publically spoken about him playing way in to his mid 30s like Agassi, you see Federer doesn't really need to rely on his fitness, therefore youthfulness doesn't really come in to it, his issue's now are all psycological. Its purely a matter of time before he sorts these psycological blocks out.

7 seems like a nice hopeful reach, but I agree he has a good chance at winning them all.

Yup.

Ehh a bit extreme, he has a great game but right now I am still doubtful about 4 or 5 slams for him, but I think he needs time.

Disagree.

Tennis_Maestro
04-15-2009, 02:40 PM

On grass especially, too right! yet we know thats never going to happen.

mbstriker
04-15-2009, 03:02 PM
djoker- 7 grand slams, are you kidding?

Cloudy
04-15-2009, 03:09 PM
On grass especially, too right! yet we know thats never going to happen.

Nope it probably won't but it is like why Nalby he is on my never say never list. The minute I write him off he is bound to win something I'm sure he and Nalby plan it just to spite me.

I think Federer unless he has a huge surge in form will retire within the next 2 years. There is no way he would accept dropping out of the top 3 which could realistically happen this year.

P_Agony
04-15-2009, 03:09 PM
IMO the only major Djokovic has a chance win is one he won't have to face Federer, Nadal or Murray. I seriously doubt that will happen anytime soon, so I don't think Djokovic will win one again. Murray is a different story. Murray is more consistent than Djokovic and is a lot more fit. He's getting stronger mentally as well and aside of the loss against Nadal at IW, he's undefeated against the top 3 since the US Open. I say he wins a slam sometime soon, maybe 2. Other than that, it'll mostly be Nadal's show with Federer maybe winning a few too.

Cloudy
04-15-2009, 03:22 PM
I just realised I forgot Tsonga. Now I think he could take at least 1 slam. He has the potential to be in the top 5 really.

fps
04-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Federer has publically spoken about him playing way in to his mid 30s like Agassi, you see Federer doesn't really need to rely on his fitness, therefore youthfulness doesn't really come in to it, his issue's now are all psycological. Its purely a matter of time before he sorts these psycological blocks out.

i strongly disagree with this. you say he doesn't need to rely on fitness so can play into his mid 30s. this is wrong in two ways
1) agassi remade his body in his late 20s, putting hours and hours into his fitness and strength. therefore to play into his mid 30s like agassi fed will have to do the same- becoming fitter than he ever has before, raging against the dying of the light.
2) he has lost half a step in his movement, it's noticeable out there, just watch the matches! this ties into movement which ties into fitness. he also has a tendency to fade in matches now. while this may be psychological, it seems more likely that a) in the AO he had a bad back in the last set (injury, more likely with age) and b) he can't live with hitting ball after ball at the highest intensity when they're coming back from guys like Murray and Nadal (instant recovery after long points/ playing his best for a set, as seen in almost every match vs murray)

when it comes to the slam debate, most of you guys are miles off. there are going to be other players coming through!! there was a point when a lot of people thought federer could get to 20 slams!! he could have, if nadal hadn't come along. and much as no-one wants to hear it, in his mid-late 20s nadal will face the same decline and someone will come along and start beating him regularly.

Tennis_Maestro
04-15-2009, 03:37 PM
i strongly disagree with this. you say he doesn't need to rely on fitness so can play into his mid 30s. this is wrong in two ways
1) agassi remade his body in his late 20s, putting hours and hours into his fitness and strength. therefore to play into his mid 30s like agassi fed will have to do the same- becoming fitter than he ever has before, raging against the dying of the light.
2) he has lost half a step in his movement, it's noticeable out there, just watch the matches! this ties into movement which ties into fitness. he also has a tendency to fade in matches now. while this may be psychological, it seems more likely that a) in the AO he had a bad back in the last set (injury, more likely with age) and b) he can't live with hitting ball after ball at the highest intensity when they're coming back from guys like Murray and Nadal (instant recovery after long points/ playing his best for a set, as seen in almost every match vs murray)

when it comes to the slam debate, most of you guys are miles off. there are going to be other players coming through!! there was a point when a lot of people thought federer could get to 20 slams!! he could have, if nadal hadn't come along. and much as no-one wants to hear it, in his mid-late 20s nadal will face the same decline and someone will come along and start beating him regularly.

I take your point about Agassi's fierce some determination to battle through obesity and such, however Federer hardly relies on that same sort of athleticism.

Federer takes the ball on the rise and attacks, even when on the defensive he'll more or less practically go for counter attacking winner's most of the time, grinding will never come in to the equation for Federer. He is too much of a purist to ever resort to that sort of style.

How many times have you ever seen Federer sweat? 5 setís against Nadal and there still wasn't a drop of it coming from his body!

egn
04-15-2009, 05:12 PM
Yes, 10 French Opens is realistic considering Nadal's level of fitness and most importantly lack of competition he actually has on clay. Okay, perhaps he won't win 6 on the spin till 28 .. but who's to say he won't come back in his early 30s and sneak another .. thats my hunch anyway.

Find out how many people won French Open titles in their 30s in the open era and then re think that. The French Open is known to be a young mans slams. 10 French Opens. You have DJokovic pegged in for one...Lets see say he has the next two years locked that puts him at 24. 4 more...28. I mean 10 in a row seems a bit absurd as I said but even if he does not someone might rise up..

I get that, but him playing into his 30s and competiting against guys in their 20s. You have him winng a few more wimbledons and US Opens but have Djokovic and Murray and Nadal winning them. You don't even know if a new young gun is going to come up. I am not saying he won't play into his mid 30s, but you have him winning 4 more slams now. If that is one a year fine, but that is looking unlikely. Agassi was a rarity. Connors also. Most guys stop winning slams in their late 20s. Sampras won I believe it is 2 after 30. Sampras in his 30s was playing against a field that could be arguebly weaker than now. You have tons of strong young guns coming up..but if all those slams you have all four of these guys winning...its ridiculous..they would be dominating all the slams for five years I don't see that being likely. Sorry.

On Murray. He has yet to win a slam. He is about 20. He is looking really good right now, but he still struggles against Nadal on hardcourts, he got beat easily at Wimbledon last year and has yet to win a slam yet. So say he wins one this year and one next year..well according to your predictions that would even be heard as you have Fed locking up slams. Murray could win 7 slams but if he wins 7 could Fed possibly win 17? I mean each of your predictions is overly generous. It is extreme to say a guy who has won 0 slams is going to win 7. A guy who has been a 5 player for not even a year has made only one slam final? Lets be real here Murray could wind up with seven but to say that right now is extreme. Don't get me wrong Murray is really good but he is not looking to me like some 7 slam winner. He could be a 7 slam winner, but right now he is not looking like it.

boris becker 1
04-15-2009, 06:03 PM
1. Nadal

2 australians
7 French
2 Wimbledons
1 Us open
12 slams

2. Federer
4 australians
not win roalmd garros
7 wimbledons
4 us opens
15 slams
3. djokovic
1 australian
0 french
0 wimbledons
0 us opens
1 slam wonder
4. murray

2 australians
0 french
1 wimbledon
2 us opens

5 slams

5 del potro
0 slams

6. Roddick
1 us open and no more
1 slam

the rest no slams

Rafa, Fed and Murray the only hall of famers

Chelsea_Kiwi
04-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Fed has already won 5 US Opens boris becker.

Eviscerator
04-15-2009, 06:53 PM
career...

I don't know if anyone has pointed out that probably none of them will achieve a Grand slam since only two men have accomplished it(Budge & Laver).
I guess you mean how many slams will each finish with.

grafselesfan
04-15-2009, 07:00 PM
I don't know if anyone has pointed out that probably none of them will achieve a Grand slam since only two men have accomplished it(Budge & Laver).
I guess you mean how many slams will each finish with.

Nadal has a great shot at it this year. Truly a great shot at it. Federer could have achieved it once or twice by now if he had more balls as Mats Wilander put it. The gap between him and Nadal on clay wasnt so extreme on clay from 2005-2007 that he couldnt have pulled it off but he didnt have the courage, nerve, or even defiant level of determination needed. Nadal does, that is why he will finish what Federer didnt.

egn
04-15-2009, 07:13 PM
career...

Here are mine.

You have planned for the next 8 Australian Opens...7 French Opens..7 Wimbledons...10 US Opens...

So basically you are saying 5 of the top 10 will combine for almost the next 8 years of tennis. That some of these guys will still be the top players in 2017.

T1000
04-15-2009, 07:19 PM
career...

Here are mine.

This could never happen. i would be suprised to see any of these guys playing in 2017, let alone at the top

egn
04-15-2009, 07:21 PM
This could never happen. i would be suprised to see any of these guys playing in 2017, let alone at the top

I could see some playing but not top and the ones playing are maybe Djoker, Murray and Del Potro but they would be at the ranks of Safin probably.

GameSampras
04-15-2009, 07:31 PM
Djoker playing in 2017? Thats as if he hasnt had his lungs replaced by then or a labotomy.

grafselesfan
04-15-2009, 07:36 PM
Actually my predictions for Murray and Djokovic were probably a bit high. Some revisions:

Murray: 3 slams- 1 Australian Open, 0 French Opens, 1 Wimbledon, 1 U.S Open

Djokovic: 3 slams- 2 Australian Opens, 0 French Opens, 0 Wimbledon, 1 U.S Open

icedevil0289
04-15-2009, 07:38 PM
Actually my predictions for Murray and Djokovic were probably a bit high. Some revisions:

Murray: 3 slams- 1 Australian Open, 0 French Opens, 1 Wimbledon, 1 U.S Open

Djokovic: 3 slams- 2 Australian Opens, 0 French Opens, 0 Wimbledon, 1 U.S Open

you're predictions for fed and nadal are actually quite high, especially nadal.

grafselesfan
04-15-2009, 07:40 PM
you're predictions for fed and nadal are actually quite high, especially nadal.

Of course they might be but time will tell. I really think Nadal is going to be close to unbeatable in the big events over these next almost 4 years though. I see him winning the Calendar Slam twice over these next 4 slams.

Serendipitous
04-15-2009, 07:41 PM
In my opinion, if Federer doesn't win a grand slam this year, he will never win one again. He will start to settle down a little bit more with his family and Nadal, Djokovic, and Murray will only get stronger.

Tennis_Maestro
06-13-2009, 04:04 PM

Disproven already.

flying24
06-13-2009, 04:47 PM
My projections.

Nadal- 12 slams: 2 Australian Opens, 7 French Opens, 2 Wimbledons, 1 U.S Open

Federer- 20 slams: 4 Australian Opens, 2 French Opens, 6 Wimbledons, 8 U.S Opens

Murray- 6 slams: 2 Australian Opens, 0 French Opens, 2 Wimbledons, 2 U.S Opens

Djokovic- 4 slams: 2 Australian Opens, 1 French Open, 0 Wimbledons, 1 U.S Open

Del Potro- 5 slams: 1 Australian Open, 2 French Opens, 0 Wimbledons, 2 U.S Opens

Monfils- 0 slams

Roddick- 1 slam (the one he already has)

Gulbis- 0 slams

Cilic- 0 slams

Nalbandian- 0 slams

Davydenko- 0 slams

Tsonga- 0 slams

Gonzalez- 0 slams

Soderling- 0 slams

Chelsea_Kiwi
06-13-2009, 05:08 PM
Heres mine:

Federer- 18 slams: 4 Australian Opens, 1 French Opens, 6 Wimbledons, 6 U.S Opens (+ 1 USO or Wimbly)

Murray- 4 slams: 1 Australian Open, 0 French Opens, 1 Wimbledon, 2 U.S Opens

Djokovic- 2 slams: 1 Australian Open, 1 French Open, 0 Wimbledons, 0 U.S Open

flying24
06-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Heres mine:

Federer- 18 slams: 4 Australian Opens, 1 French Opens, 6 Wimbledons, 6 U.S Opens

Murray- 4 slams: 1 Australian Open, 0 French Opens, 1 Wimbledon, 2 U.S Opens

Djokovic- 2 slams: 1 Australian Open, 1 French Open, 0 Wimbledons, 0 U.S Open

Actually your totals for Federer only equals 17.

shawn1122
06-13-2009, 05:25 PM
Wow I bet the people who said Nadal would win 8-10 FO's feel silly now...

kafelnikov
06-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Nadal 1 AO 7 FO 1 W 1 UO 10 GS
Federer 4 AO 1 FO 7 W 7 UO 19 GS
Djokovic 2 AO -- -- 1 UO 3 GS
Murray 2 AO -- -- 2 UO 4 GS
Del Potro 1 AO -- -- -- 1 GS
Roddick -- -- -- 1 UO 1 GS

Tsonga 2 AO 1 FO -- -- 3 GS
Monfils -- -- -- 1 UO 1 GS
Soderling -- -- 1 W 1 UO 2 GS
Gulbis 1 AO -- -- 1 UO 2 GS

flying24
06-13-2009, 05:37 PM
Tsonga will never win 3 grand slams. He doesnt have anywhere near the consistency to do that. If he wins 1 he will be lucky, although I would like to see him get 1 as he has an exciting game. He can beat anyone, atleast on hard courts, but winning 7 matches will always be a huge challenge for him.

Soderling 2 slams? My some fast bandwagon jumping. Did you also think Baghdatis and Gonzo were going to win slams after the 06 and 07 Australian Opens.

Tsonga, Soderling, and Gulbis all winning more slams than Del Potro?!? ROTFL at that one.

kafelnikov
06-13-2009, 05:48 PM
Tsonga will never win 3 grand slams. He doesnt have anywhere near the consistency to do that. If he wins 1 he will be lucky, although I would like to see him get 1 as he has an exciting game. He can beat anyone, atleast on hard courts, but winning 7 matches will always be a huge challenge for him.

Soderling 2 slams? My some fast bandwagon jumping. Did you also think Baghdatis and Gonzo were going to win slams after the 06 and 07 Australian Opens.

Tsonga, Soderling, and Gulbis all winning more slams than Del Potro?!? ROTFL at that one.

Well I'm from Sweden so the Soderling bandwagon has been parked outside my house for quite some time now, I know what he's capable of.

As for telling the future, my guess is as good as yours my good sir.

flying24
06-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Well I'm from Sweden so the Soderling bandwagon has been parked outside my house for quite some time now, I know what he's capable of.

As for telling the future, my guess is as good as yours my good sir.

OK lets come back here in 5 years time then. If Soderling, Gulbis, and Tsonga even have a combined 2 slams between all 3 of them (your projected combination is 7) I will be surprised.

kafelnikov
06-13-2009, 05:54 PM
OK lets come back here in 5 years time then. If Soderling, Gulbis, and Tsonga even have a combined 2 slams between all 3 of them (your projected combination is 7) I will be surprised.

It's settled.
You and I will meet at this precise spot in five years time.

I will note the surprised look upon your face and gladly reminisce on years gone by.

Badger
06-13-2009, 06:04 PM
1) Rafael Nadal (ESP) - 3 Australian Opens, 7 French Opens, 4 Wimbledons and 2 U.S. Opens - TOTAL - 16 GRANDSLAMS

2) Roger Federer (SUI) - 6 Australian Opens, 3 French Opens, 9 Wimbledons and 3 U.S. Opens - TOTAL - 21 GRANDSLAMS

3) Novak Djokovic (SRB) - 3 Australian Opens, 0 French Opens, 1 Wimbledon and 1 U.S. Open - TOTAL - 5 GRANDSLAMS

4) Andy Murray (GBR) - 3 Australian Opens, 0 French Opens, 1 Wimbledon and 4 U.S. Opens - TOTAL - 8 GRANDSLAMS

5) Juan Martin del Potro (ARG) - 1 Australian Open, 0 French Opens, 0 Wimbledons and 3 U.S. Opens - TOTAL - 4 GRANDSLAMS

6) Andy Roddick (USA) - 0 Australian Opens, 0 French Opens, 1 Wimbledon and 2 U.S. Opens - TOTAL - 3 GRANDSLAMS

7) Gilles Simon (FRA) - 0 Australian Opens, 0 French Opens, 0 Wimbledons and 0 U.S. Opens - TOTAL - 0 GRANDSLAMS

8 ) Fernando Verdasco (ESP) - 2 Australian Opens, 1 French Open, 0 Wimbledons and 0 U.S. Opens - TOTAL - 3 GRANDSLAMS

9) Nikolay Davydenko (RUS) - 0 Australian Opens, 0 French Opens, 0 Wimbledons and 0 U.S. Opens - TOTAL - 0 GRANDSLAMS

10) Gael Monfils (FRA) - 0 Australian Opens, 0 French Opens, 0 Wimbledons and 0 U.S. Opens - TOTAL - 0 GRANDSLAMS

World Beater
06-13-2009, 06:28 PM
funny how federer winning 15 was somehow ridiculous.

and now nadal winning 18 grand slams seems impossible.

lol.

Chelsea_Kiwi
06-13-2009, 06:40 PM
Actually your totals for Federer only equals 17. :oops: Thanks. The 18th will be a USO or Wimbly.

Chelsea_Kiwi
06-13-2009, 06:42 PM
2) Roger Federer (SUI) - 6 Australian Opens, 3 French Opens, 9 Wimbledons and 3 U.S. Opens - TOTAL - 21 GRANDSLAMS Lol Fed has already won 5 USO.

PERL
06-14-2009, 01:17 AM
1) Rafael Nadal (ESP) 9 slams
2) Roger Federer (SUI) 17 slams
3) Novak Djokovic (SRB) 3 slams
4) Andy Murray (GBR) 4 slams (1 Wimbledon at least, 2 USO, 1 AO)
5) Juan Martin del Potro (ARG) 1 French at least, 2 slams or more, hard to say
6) Andy Roddick (USA) 1 slam
7) Gilles Simon (FRA) 0 slam
8 ) Fernando Verdasco (ESP) 0 slam
9) Nikolay Davydenko (RUS) 0 slam
10) Gael Monfils (FRA) maybe 1 slam

joeri888
06-14-2009, 01:27 AM
I seriously don't get how people conclude that the current top 10 will win more than 20 Slams altogether (like the OP for instance said). Or @ badger for instance, how are Roger and Rafa ever gonna win more than 17 Slams between the two of them. You think They'll dominate for four more years? Than how is Murray winning 8:shock: Del Potro winning four and Djokovic winning four more, with Verdasco winning 3. Not every great player will win 4 grandslams.:-?

Seriously, winning a Slam isn't that easy. People here come up with the current top 10 winning 40 more majors. This would mean that for the next 10 years none other than the ones currently in the top 10 would win a Slam. LoL

I would be something like:

Rafa Nadal: 11
Roger Federer: 16
Novak Djokovic: 2
Andy Murray: 3
Del Potro: 1
Roddick: remains at 1
Gilles Simon: none
Verdasco: none
Davydenko: none
Monfils: maybe 1

PS Tsonga will win 1.

jones101
06-14-2009, 01:43 AM
I seriously don't get how people conclude that the current top 10 will win more than 20 Slams altogether (like the OP for instance said). Or @ badger for instance, how are Roger and Rafa ever gonna win more than 17 Slams between the two of them. You think They'll dominate for four more years? Than how is Murray winning 8:shock: Del Potro winning four and Djokovic winning four more, with Verdasco winning 3. Not every great player will win 4 grandslams.:-?

Seriously, winning a Slam isn't that easy. People here come up with the current top 10 winning 40 more majors. This would mean that for the next 10 years none other than the ones currently in the top 10 would win a Slam. LoL

PS Tsonga will win 1.

Good list, add another one on to Fed and Nadal and I think it'll be spot on

FlamEnemY
06-14-2009, 03:39 AM
1) Rafael Nadal (ESP) - 3 Australian Opens, 7 French Opens, 4 Wimbledons and 2 U.S. Opens - TOTAL - 16 GRANDSLAMS

2) Roger Federer (SUI) - 6 Australian Opens, 3 French Opens, 9 Wimbledons and 3 U.S. Opens - TOTAL - 21 GRANDSLAMS

3) Novak Djokovic (SRB) - 3 Australian Opens, 0 French Opens, 1 Wimbledon and 1 U.S. Open - TOTAL - 5 GRANDSLAMS

4) Andy Murray (GBR) - 3 Australian Opens, 0 French Opens, 1 Wimbledon and 4 U.S. Opens - TOTAL - 8 GRANDSLAMS

5) Juan Martin del Potro (ARG) - 1 Australian Open, 0 French Opens, 0 Wimbledons and 3 U.S. Opens - TOTAL - 4 GRANDSLAMS

6) Andy Roddick (USA) - 0 Australian Opens, 0 French Opens, 1 Wimbledon and 2 U.S. Opens - TOTAL - 3 GRANDSLAMS

8 ) Fernando Verdasco (ESP) - 2 Australian Opens, 1 French Open, 0 Wimbledons and 0 U.S. Opens - TOTAL - 3 GRANDSLAMS

Practically, theoretically and in any other way impossible.

thalivest
06-14-2009, 04:11 AM
Practically, theoretically and in any other way impossible.

Well it couuld happen if those 8 combine to win every slam until the end of 2018. :twisted:

TennisFan481
06-15-2009, 01:42 AM
I think grass is where Gulbis will shine. It fits his game and he's a rich kid anyway, so the whole tournament fits him.

My predictions:

Federer: 4 Australian Opens, 1 French Open, 7 Wimbledon, 5 US Opens.

TOTAL: 17 Grand Slams

Comments: If he plays the Australian Open again next year like he did this one, he should take it. I don't really think Nadal has it in him to fight off a determined Federer (I get the sense that next to Wimbledon, this might be Federer's biggest remaining goal...he wants to win that title just one more time because of how emotional it is for him...equaling Agassi's mark of 4 to cement himself as an "Australian Open legend."). Wimbledon is certainly a risky proposition in that the field is surprisingly deep in good grass court players...but if his serve is working and he's got his "mojo" going, he's to grass what Nadal has been to clay. I think his US Open runs are done. Murray and Djokovic have what it takes to beat him on that surface.

Nadal: 2 Australian Opens, 6 French Opens , 1 Wimbledon, 1 US Open

TOTAL: 10 Grand Slams

Comments: I honestly think it's 2 more FO's and done for him there...his clay game is slipping as a result of his expansion to other surfaces. He'll get that US Open he craves at some point, and another Australian Open at some point as well.

Andy Murray: 1 Australian Open, 0 French Opens, 1 Wimbledon, 3 US Opens

TOTAL: 5 Grand Slams

Comments: I think the US Open will be his haven. He LOVES fast hardcourt. He'll win Cinci a bunch of times as well. And I think he's going to prove to be the Brit (Scot) to "do it."

Novak Djokovic: 1 Australian Open, 0 French Opens, 0 Wimbledon, 1 US Open

TOTAL: 2 Grand Slams

Comments: His best surface is at the US Open, where he'll be an underdog against Andy Murray in the future with his breathing problems. Still, I think he'll get one within the next 5 years, with Murray taking 3 of the remaining 4 (and Nadal completing his calendar slam by surprise somewhere in there).

Ernests Gulbis: 0 Australian Opens, 0 French Opens, 2 Wimbledons, 0 US Opens

Comments: He's going to be the one to really end Federer's career by beating him at Wimbledon in 3 years. That's my prediction. And he'll go on to win it, with the torch informally being passed. Gulbis will win over a lot of followers with his monster forehand, and will repeat the following year, but then fail to live up to his expectations, not really threatening at the other tournaments.

Juan Martin Del Potro: 0 Australian Opens, 0 French Opens, 0 Wimbledons, 0 US Opens

I suppose he COULD win a slam. It would be hard for me to envision this big guy winning more than one. He can't change the fact that he's 6'6" and guys can make him run until he wears down.

Andy Roddick: 0 Australian Opens, 0 French Opens, 0 Wimbledons, 1 US Open

Comments: He's gonna need things to fall right in one of the non-FO tournaments to win another major. It's a long shot, though I wouldn't completely rule it out.

Marin Cilic: 0 Australian Opens, 0 French Opens, 0 Wimbledons, 0 US Opens

Comments: He'll make numerous QFs and SFs...but unfortunately, I don't think he'll ever reach the mountaintop. He's going to be fun to watch, though (I love watching him return serves...he's absolutely amazing at it).

Fernando Verdasco: 0 Australian Opens, 0 French Opens, 0 Wimbledons, 0 US Opens

Comments: He may make the US Open final this year...he has the game to. Monster forehand, monster serve down the T when he actually tries to hit it, excellent slice serve most of the other times, two-handed backhand that, though inconsistent, can be a weapon. I don't think he has what it takes to win that final, though, and I think he's basically at his peak as a player.

Others:

Monfils: Hard to envision him winning more than one. The French Open would be his best bet.

Davydenko: Nope. He's finished.

Soderling: That was his chance to get one. I don't get the sense he'll ever get beyond a QF at a major again. I don't think he has it in him to work the way Verdasco has.

Nalbandian: Nope. He's done.

Safin: *Might* make a run at Wimbledon this year if his head's in it. A tremendous serve can make you go places.

Tsonga: Kind of a joke that he wouldn't win at least 1. Australian Open will probably be the one he wins if he wins one. I suppose the US Open would be an outside possibility. Hard to see him winning it all on clay or grass.

lambielspins
06-15-2009, 02:31 AM
Federer- 22 slams: 5 Australian Opens, 2 French Open, 7 Wimbledons, 8 U.S Opens

Murray- 4 slams: 2 Australian Opens, 0 French Opens, 1 Wimbledon, 1 U.S Open

Del Potro- 5 slams: 1 Australian Open, 2 French Opens, 0 Wimbledon, 2 U.S Opens

Djokovic- 1 slam: the one he already has

Roddick- 1 slam: the one he already has

Gorecki
06-15-2009, 02:39 AM
Not really bro.

He's 22 now, lets assume his body holds out till ... 27 .. 28 .. thats a further 5/6 years .. in which time he might be injured once?

Federer will be out the picture completely, in 2 years from now and altho Murray, Djokovic plus the odd few new comers that may pop in to the scene are there, it'll be pretty hard to dethrown the king of clay.

Federer to win a further 3-4 grandslams is hardly absurd.

wow.. now you know what they say about assumption and motherhood!

FlamEnemY
06-15-2009, 08:49 AM
Well it couuld happen if those 8 combine to win every slam until the end of 2018. :twisted:

No way, there's greater odds that the world will end till then :)

Badger
06-15-2009, 09:08 AM
Lol Fed has already won 5 USO.

Yeah sorry! Take away 1 Wimby and 1 Austarlian or 2 Australians instead to keep a total of 21.

JeMar
06-15-2009, 10:20 AM

PS Tsonga will win 1.

This is the best post in this thread.

I think most people here are hugely overestimating Murray's and Djokovic's totals. Neither of them has weapons big enough to win 5+ grand slams. Yes, they are extremely good players, but you need much more than that to dominate like Federer and Nadal.

Murray are very solid players with no weaknesses, yes, but you need more than that to fight off solid players that have the day of their lives against you. There's a reason why Federer has made 20 grand slam semi-finals in a row... he has a game big enough to fight off the Soderlings of the world. Players like Murray and Djokovic are still susceptible to a player that gets hot and blows them off the court.

CyBorg
06-15-2009, 10:29 AM
That may be so, but who will be winning the majors once Federer and Nadal stop winning?

I think Murray will be the one.

JeMar
06-15-2009, 10:46 AM
Murray definitely could if he continues to add more offense to his game to go along with his great defense. What he does right now is goad his opponents into going for big shots, but what happens if those big shots start going in like we saw against Gonzalez? He's definitely shown he's capable of being more offensive, but his usual M.O. is defending until his opponents miss.

Someone like Verdasco, Tsonga, Gonzalez, Nalbandian, Cilic, etc. certainly do not have the consistency for any kind of extended stay in the top 5, or maybe even to win a slam, but if they get their games (or head in some cases) under control, I can certainly see them being more successful than Murray.

Djokovic has more firepower than Murray, but I'm starting to doubt he has the heart required to win 5+ slams.

thalivest
06-15-2009, 02:05 PM
That may be so, but who will be winning the majors once Federer and Nadal stop winning?

As it might be several years before they stop winning it could be someone like Del Potro, or it could be players who arent that established yet like Cilic, Gulbis, or even someone like Tomic.

the_drunken_master
06-15-2009, 02:23 PM
Federer- 20 slams
6 WIMBY
7 US OPENS
2 FRENCH
5 AO

Nadal 11 slams
7 FRENCH
2 WIMBY
2 AO

RODDICK 25 slams
24 US OPENS
1 FRENCH OPEN

Lotto
06-15-2009, 02:24 PM
1) Rafael Nadal - 11 Grand Slams:

-8 French Opens
-2 Wimbledons
-1 Australian Open

2) Roger Federer - 19 Grand Slams:

-7 Wimbledons
-7 US Opens
-4 Australian Opens
- 1 French Open

3) Andy Murray - 2 grand slams:

-1 Australian Open
-1 US Open

4) Novak Djokovic - 3 Grand Slams:

-2 Australian Open
-1 US Open

All Ima doing...for now anyway.

PERL
06-15-2009, 11:16 PM
Nadal:
Comments: I honestly think it's 2 more FO's and done for him there...his clay game is slipping as a result of his expansion to other surfaces. He'll get that US Open he craves at some point, and another Australian Open at some point as well.

Iím amazed nobody has yet mentioned this. Ok Nadal has won Monte Carlo and Rome but keep in mind that he had such an aura on clay and was so well above the field. This year Nadal was not quite the same on clay. With all the efforts to adapt his game on faster surfaces he may well have lost a step or two on clay. This is not something uncommon. A bit too early to tell but something to be considered.

Tennis_Maestro
07-03-2009, 05:28 PM

Looks as if my prediction wasn't that far off after all :D

Tennis_Maestro
07-03-2009, 05:29 PM

Silenced!!!!

The tennis guy
07-03-2009, 05:57 PM
Of course they might be but time will tell. I really think Nadal is going to be close to unbeatable in the big events over these next almost 4 years though. I see him winning the Calendar Slam twice over these next 4 slams.

You are out of your mind.

The tennis guy
07-03-2009, 06:07 PM

Once Federer and Nadal stop winning, it will be next generation players like Del Potro or some unknown now. Murray and Djokovic will get slams here and there, but never the dominating players like Federer and Nadal.

Tennis_Maestro
07-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Once Federer and Nadal stop winning, it will be next generation players like Del Potro or some unknown now. Murray and Djokovic will get slams here and there, but never the dominating players like Federer and Nadal.

Nadal has no dominated anything other than the French Open.

The tennis guy
07-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Nadal has no dominated anything other than the French Open.

He was a dominating force at Wimbledon the last 3 years by getting to final 3 years in a row. If it weren't for Federer, Nadal would have win Wimbledon more than once.

The same with Federer on clay, he only won once this year, but he had gone to final 4 years in a row. He would have won more than 1 French if it weren't for Nadal.

Federer and Nadal dominated French and Wimbledon together, while Federer dominated US and Australia Open in the last a few years. The only exception was Safin and Djokovic at Australia. Now Safin is gone, Murray could take his place as occassional winner of a slam title.

Tennis_Maestro
07-03-2009, 06:20 PM
He was a dominating force at Wimbledon the last 3 years by getting to final 3 years in a row. If it weren't for Federer, Nadal would have win Wimbledon more than once.

The same with Federer on clay, he only won once this year, but he had gone to final 4 years in a row. He would have won more than 1 French if it weren't for Nadal.

Federer and Nadal dominated French and Wimbledon together, while Federer dominated US and Australia Open in the last a few years. The only exception was Safin and Djokovic at Australia. Now Safin is gone, Murray could take his place as occassional winner of a slam title.

Sorry but i don't buy in to this whole "if it were not for so and so" crap.

Does that mean Henman was dominant on grass? because if it were not for Sampras Henman would've won Wimbledon 3 times.

checkmilu
07-03-2009, 06:39 PM
The OP and some of you are pretty bad in math. With the OP speculation, these players will win a total of 32 Slams i.e. it would take 8 YEARS just for these guys let alone many new talents entering the scene in the next 8 years! remember, there're ONLY 4 Grand Slams each year not 8!

The tennis guy
07-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Sorry but i don't buy in to this whole "if it were not for so and so" crap.

Does that mean Henman was dominant on grass? because if it were not for Sampras Henman would've won Wimbledon 3 times.

That's your problem. Henman never got to Wimbledon final, Nadal went there 3 straight years while Federer got to French final 4 straight years. Federer did win French without Nadal there, and Henman didn't even get to final one year when Sampras wasn't there at semifinal.

Tennis_Maestro
07-03-2009, 07:18 PM
That's your problem. Henman never got to Wimbledon final, Nadal went there 3 straight years while Federer got to French final 4 straight years. Federer did win French without Nadal there, and Henman didn't even get to final one year when Sampras wasn't there at semifinal.

Look, that is all irrelevant.

Dominance is dictated by winning, Nadal hasn't been winning that many tournaments on non-clay surfaces.

The tennis guy
07-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Look, that is all irrelevant.

Dominance is dictated by winning, Nadal hasn't been winning that many tournaments on non-clay surfaces.

That's when you look at individually. With two great players like Federer and Nadal, both of them dominated clay and grass. Obviously you prefer to say Nadal dominated clay while Federer dominated grass. But when two players get to same final year after year, it is dominance. Federer himself dominated hardcourt slams even though Nadal just won one because Nadal hasn't gone to hardcourt slam finals consistently.

NadalandFedererfan
07-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Federer 24 slams- 5 Australian Opens, 3 French Opens, 8 Wimbledons, 8 U.S Opens

Nadal 12 slams- 2 Australian Opens, 7 French Opens, 2 Wimbledons, 1 U.S Open

Djokovic 1 slam- 1 Australian Open, 0 French Opens, 0 Wimbledons, 0 U.S Opens

Murray 5 slams- 2 Australian Opens, 0 French Opens, 1 Wimbledon, 2 U.S Opens

Del Potro 4 slams- 1 Australian Open, 2 French Opens, 0 Wimbledons, 1 U.S Open

Roddick 2 slams- 0 Australian Opens, 0 French Opens, 1 Wimbledon (not this year though), 1 U.S Open

Verdasco, Davydenko, Monfils, Nalbandian, Gonzo, Tsonga, Simon, - 0 slams forever

Hewitt, Safin- 2 slams forever

Cilic 2 slams- 0 Australian Opens, 0 French Opens, 1 Wimbledon, 1 U.S Open

Tennis_Maestro
07-03-2009, 07:37 PM
That's when you look at individually. With two great players like Federer and Nadal, both of them dominated clay and grass. Obviously you prefer to say Nadal dominated clay while Federer dominated grass. But when two players get to same final year after year, it is dominance. Federer himself dominated hardcourt slams even though Nadal just won one because Nadal hasn't gone to hardcourt slam finals consistently.

You just made my point for me, Nadal has won one Slam on hardcourts and thats it.

Federer has won all slams consistently and won tournaments on clay.

bruce38
07-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Federer 18 slams
7 W
6 USO
1 FO
4 AO

Nadal 10 slams
6 FO
1 USO
2 W
1 AO

Djoker 5 slams
2 USO
2 AO
1 W

Murray 5 slams
2 USO
1 AO
2 W

NadalandFedererfan
07-03-2009, 07:52 PM
I think you could say Federer and Nadal shared dominance of the tour in the sense that since Wimbledon 2004 there have been 20 slams. Federer has won 12 of them, Nadal 6, and two different players 1 each. Nadal has won 4 of his 6 at the French? Well the French is still a slam and he has deprived perhaps the greatest ever from winning their 4 times now. Nadal has only won 2 non Frenchs? OK that is twice as much as anyone else has won in the last 5 years, and that only 2 guys. At Wimbledon he has been in 3 straight finals and winning 1, so that is joint dominance of that event with Federer for the few years up until this year IMO.

Tennis_Maestro
07-03-2009, 07:56 PM
I think you could say Federer and Nadal shared dominance of the tour in the sense that since Wimbledon 2004 there have been 20 slams. Federer has won 12 of them, Nadal 6, and two different players 1 each. Nadal has won 4 of his 6 at the French? Well the French is still a slam and he has deprived perhaps the greatest ever from winning their 4 times now. Nadal has only won 2 non Frenchs? OK that is twice as much as anyone else has won in the last 5 years, and that only 2 guys. At Wimbledon he has been in 3 straight finals and winning 1, so that is joint dominance of that event with Federer for the few years up until this year IMO.

2 non slams being more than anyone has achieved other than Federer since 2004 in this era makes it domination? Come on now!

forehand_dude
07-03-2009, 08:01 PM
career...

Check your math:

Nadal currently has 6. So you have him winning 11 more.

Federer currently has 14. So you have him winning 3 more.

Djoker current has 1. So you have him winning 6 more.

Murray currently has 0. So you have him winning 9 more.

del Potro currently has 0. So you have him winning 2 more.

You predict these 5 guys will win:

11 + 3 + 6 + 9 + 2 = 31 more grand slams

Even if someone from this groups wins Wimbledon and US Open this year, and every single grand slam tournament for the next 7 years, that would not be enough. Do you really think this is realistic? Surely some "new new new balls" will come along and win a few.

NadalandFedererfan
07-03-2009, 08:06 PM
2 non slams being more than anyone has achieved other than Federer since 2004 in this era makes it domination? Come on now!

You get what I mean though. Nadal has totally dominated clay, 1 of the 3 major surfaces of tennis today, even Federer hasnt been able to breakthrough there until this year because of Nadal. On grass nobody not named Federer or Nadal has been able to reach a final before this year since 2005, and he was the one to stop Federer's streak at Wimbledon. On hard courts he is 1 of 3 to win a slam since mid 2004 on it, only one by beating Federer in a final, won the Olympics on it too, won tons of Masters titles on the surface, overall done more than anyone else even on hard courts. He has been ranked either #1 or #2 since mid 2005 without even a weeks excpetion. To me that is sufficient to say he shared dominance of the game with Federer. Of course below Federer clearly overall but still along with Federer dominated the game.

I am not saying this will always be the case, but from mid 2005 to mid 2009 it was.

norbac
07-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Federer-19

4 Aussies
1 RG
7 Wimbledon
7 USO

Nadal-10

2 Aussie
6 RG
1 Wimbledon
1 USO

Djokovic-3

2 Aussie
1 RG

Murray-4

1 Aussie
1 Wimbledon
2 USO

MT319
07-03-2009, 08:13 PM

That's absolutely absurd...his game revolves far too heavily around raw athleticism and movement to promote the type of career longevity needed to win 17 Grand Slam titles, nevermind 6 more French Opens (which even if he won the next 6 straight would still put him at age 30 by the last one)

drakulie
07-03-2009, 08:26 PM
LOL at everyone saying Nadal will reach 12 -15 slams.

Let's face it, if it weren't for Fed, he would be the number # 1 player now for 5 years. That is a long time for any player. He ain't going to keep that up with his style of play for another 5 years, which is what he woudl have to do to double the number of slams he currently has.

My guess is he ends with 8-9.

The tennis guy
07-03-2009, 08:43 PM
You just made my point for me, Nadal has won one Slam on hardcourts and thats it.

Federer has won all slams consistently and won tournaments on clay.

I didn't prove your point at all. I never said Nadal was a dominating force on HARDCOURT. I said he was a dominating force on GRASS in the last a few years.

You miss my point completely. No one is aruging who is more dominating, Federer or Nadal. I was just making the point that Federer and Nadal together had dominated CLAY and GRASS completely. Some how you don't want to give credit to Federer's achievement on clay and Nadal achievement on grass so far.

forehand_dude
07-03-2009, 09:25 PM

Let's face it, if it weren't for Fed, he would be the number # 1 player now for 5 years. That is a long time for any player. He ain't going to keep that up with his style of play for another 5 years, which is what he woudl have to do to double the number of slams he currently has.

Also, if the steroid rumors are true, Nadal has two choices. He can quit using them, and lose his superhuman powers. Or he can keep using them and eventually will be caught and banned.

FedFan_2009
07-03-2009, 09:53 PM
All these predictions are absurd.

pravnash
07-04-2009, 06:28 AM
Federer : 20 GS (5 more :-))

3-4 AO
1-2 FO
8 W
7 US

Nadal: 11 GS (5 more)

1-2 AO
6-7 FO
2 W
0 US

Djokovic: 4 GS (3 more)

1-2 AO
1 W
1 US

Murray: 5 GS (5 more)

2-3 W
2-3 US

Del Potro: 2 GS (2 more)

1 AO
1 FO

Roddick/Nalbandian: 1 more

Gulbis/Soderling/Tsonga - 2 more

clayman2000
07-04-2009, 06:38 AM
Rafael Nadal: 11 Slams

2 AO's
6 FO's
2 Wimby;s
1 USO

Roger Federer: 16 Slams

3 AO's
1 FO
6 Wimby's
6 USO's

Novak Djokovic: 2 Slams

1 AO
1 USO

Andy Murray: 5 Slams

2 Wimby's
3 USO's

Del Potro: 3 Slams

1 AO
2 FO's

Andy Roddick: 3 Slams

1 AO
1 Wimby
1 USO

joeri888
07-04-2009, 07:14 AM
People keep overestimating everyone. it's not like Novak, Andy, Roger and Rafa can all win 6 more Slams. That would be the next six straight years of them winning all the titles. In 6 years, guys who now are 15, 16 will be competing for Slams.

Tennis_Maestro
07-05-2009, 02:12 PM
May be i was a bit too harsh with only 17? Shouldn't be any more than 20 anyway, thats for sure, i'll stick @ 17 tho, 2 more Wimbledons and perhaps an Australian or US Open.

Tennis_Maestro
07-05-2009, 02:14 PM
That's absolutely absurd...his game revolves far too heavily around raw athleticism and movement to promote the type of career longevity needed to win 17 Grand Slam titles, nevermind 6 more French Opens (which even if he won the next 6 straight would still put him at age 30 by the last one)

I agree now that 17 grandslams for Nadal was a ridiculous prediction, i was throwing way too much emphasis on the whole "he's so great @ the French Open" crap ...

I believe he'll win a further 3/4 French Opens including 1/2 others finishing on around 8/9.

Tennis_Maestro
07-05-2009, 02:16 PM
I see this to be a bit absurd to. I see him getting 15 max and I am hopeful, are Murray and Djokovic and Nadal just going to vanish. You have Fed getting to 17 and Nadal getting to 17 think about this. Fed and Nadal with your predictions for Djokovic and Murray and your random Verdasco slam might have to win slams into their mid 30s CONSISTENTLY.

Absurd did you call it? :D

grafrules
07-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Absurd did you call it? :D

Well your call of Nadal getting 17 too was a bit absurd we can see now. Even you will concede that surely. :)

Joseph L. Barrow
07-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Well your call of Nadal getting 17 too was a bit absurd we can see now. Even you will concede that surely. :)
Now, let us keep in mind that just two months ago, Federer had not won a single title all year and was playing some of his worst matches in nearly a decade- would it not have appeared an utterly absurd prediction that he was about to win Madrid, the French Open and Wimbledon, back-to-back-to-back? Nadal doesn't look like in line to win 17 Grand Slam titles at the moment, but I think we should all take enough humility from recent events to forego such early, presumptive judgment.

Tennis_Maestro
07-05-2009, 02:27 PM

Yup i fessed up to that.

Tennis_Maestro
09-19-2009, 01:53 PM
Seems as if most people including myself were proven right about Del Potro. :D

Augustus
09-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Federer - 18
Nadal - 9
Murray - 2
Djokovic -3
Del Potro - 4
Roddick - 1 (although deserves at least one more)
Tsonga - 0
Davydenko - 0
Verdasco - 0
Simon - 0 (unworthy top 10 player)

フェデラー
09-19-2009, 02:16 PM
absurd thread is relatively absurd. Fed getting to 17 is likely, Nadal getting 10 fos is highly unlikely. Del Potro is a great clay courter and Djokovic is as well. im really dying for the 2010 season to begin.

tudwell
09-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Federer - 15
Nadal - 6
Murray - 16
Djokovic - 1
Del Potro - 1
Roddick - 1
Tsonga - 0
Davydenko - 0
Verdasco - 0
Simon - 0

Tennis_Maestro
09-19-2009, 02:18 PM
absurd thread is relatively absurd. Fed getting to 17 is likely, Nadal getting 10 fos is highly unlikely. Del Potro is a great clay courter and Djokovic is as well. im really dying for the 2010 season to begin.

Why are you only basing the value of this thread simply upon my predictions? :rolleyes:

40 or so posters have additionally given theirs also.

Tennis_Maestro
09-19-2009, 02:19 PM
Federer - 15
Nadal - 6
Murray - 16
Djokovic - 1
Del Potro - 1
Roddick - 1
Tsonga - 0
Davydenko - 0
Verdasco - 0
Simon - 0

Typo?????????????

Augustus
09-19-2009, 02:21 PM
Federer - 15
Nadal - 6
Murray - 16
Djokovic - 1
Del Potro - 1
Roddick - 1
Tsonga - 0
Davydenko - 0
Verdasco - 0
Simon - 0

Yeah, sure, and on the day he breaks Feds record pigs will fly...

Tennis_Maestro
09-19-2009, 02:27 PM
My new and updated predictions:

Federer - 20 (1 more Aussie, 2 more Wimby's and 2 more US's)
Nadal - 10 (1 more Wimby and 3 more French's)
Murray - 5 (2 Aussie's, 1 Wimby and 2 US's)
Djokovic - 3 (1 more Aussie, 1 French and 1 US)
Del Potro - 6 (2 Aussie's 2 French and 1 US)
Roddick - 1 (Naaaaa)
Tsonga - 1 (1 Aussie)
Davydenko - 0 (Naaaaaa)
Verdasco - 0 (Close, but naaaaaaaaaa)
Simon - 0 (Don't take the ****)

Tennis_Maestro
01-31-2010, 07:12 AM

I see this to be a bit absurd to. I see him getting 15 max and I am hopeful, are Murray and Djokovic and Nadal just going to vanish.

Sorry i couldn't help it.

Tennis_Maestro
07-12-2012, 06:34 AM
career...

Here are mine.

Apart from my Federer and Djokovic calls - LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Setmatch45
07-12-2012, 07:26 AM
Fed = 20
Nadal = 13
Djokovic = 9
Murray = 4
Del Potro = 2
Roddick = 1
Simon = 0
Verdasco = 0
Davydenko = 0
Monifis = 0
Tsonga = 1

Del Potro is the real wild card. He is my Marat Safin of the group. Safin could have controlled the Tennis world if he had his head on straight. Del Potro has some health issues that keep him from climbing the mountain top. But when healthy and with his head on straight he has a huge game.

As far as Americans go I do think Roddick may make one last run at a slam maybe to the quaters or semi's but that is it. I could see big John Isner serving his way to a final and than who know he could pull it off his serve is just that big.

The Bawss
07-12-2012, 07:40 AM
Apart from my Federer and Djokovic calls - LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I am gonna have to lol with you mate at the "Murray 9 slams" and "Verdasco 1 slam" hahahaha.

bluetrain4
07-12-2012, 07:44 AM
It's often funny and revealing to look at old threads like this. Some of the predictions are right on point, while some look absolutely bizzare at this point.

Verdasco - 1 slam. Given his incredible match and high quality play vs. Nadal in the AO semis in 2009, I can sort of understand the OP thinking he maybe could win a Slam, since the thread was started in April of 2009. Of course now, there's almost no chance he'll even make a SF again.

Murray - 9 Slams. A bold prediction at that point. When the thread was started, I thought he'd win multiple Slams, but not 9. A still think he'll win a Slam (no guarantee), but I'm thinking 1-3 total.

Tennis_Maestro
07-12-2012, 07:51 AM
It's often funny and revealing to look at old threads like this. Some of the predictions are right on point, while some look absolutely bizzare at this point.

Verdasco - 1 slam. Given his incredible match and high quality play vs. Nadal in the AO semis in 2009, I can sort of understand the OP thinking he maybe could win a Slam, since the thread was started in April of 2009. Of course now, there's almost no chance he'll even make a SF again.

Murray - 9 Slams. A bold prediction at that point. When the thread was started, I thought he'd win multiple Slams, but not 9. A still think he'll win a Slam (no guarantee), but I'm thinking 1-3 total.

Good post.

Tennis_Maestro
07-12-2012, 07:54 AM

Owned this guy.

Wilander Fan
07-12-2012, 08:31 AM
Need to update the list:

Fed 22 (1 more of each)
Nadal 13 (1 FO, 1 AO)
Nole 7 (1 FO, 1 AO)
Murray 3 (2 US, 1 WB)
Tsonga 2 (US, WB)
Ferrer 2 (FO, AO)
Potro 1 (I dont think he will ever recover his previous form)

Wild cards:
Tipsy/Berdych: one of them might catch fire and take a slam between them.
Isner/Raonic: Might catch fire and serve his way to a WB or USO but seems likely to break down.

DM07
07-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Federer 18
Nadal 14
Djokovic 9
Murray 3
Tsonga 1
Del Potro 1
Goffin 19

TopFH
07-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Federer 18
Nadal 14
Djokovic 9
Murray 3
Tsonga 1
Del Potro 1
Goffin 19

Most reasonable, except for Goffin.

tudwell
07-12-2012, 10:39 AM
Current top ten:

1. Federer - 18 (4 AO, 1 FO, 7 W, 6 USO)
2. Djokovic - 8 (4 AO, 1 FO, 1 W, 2 USO)
3. Nadal - 14 (1 AO, 9 FO, 3 W, 1 USO)
4. Murray - 3 (1 AO, 1 W, 1 USO)
5. Ferrer - 0
6. Tsonga - 0
7. Berdych - 0
8. Tipsarevic - 0
9. Del Potro - 1 (1 USO)
10. Almagro - 0

tank_job
07-12-2012, 12:04 PM
1. Federer - 21
2. Djokovic - 15
3. Nadal - 17
4. Murray - 0
5. Ferrer - 0
6. Tsonga - 0
7. Berdych - 0
8. Tipsarevic - 0
9. Del Potro - 1
10. Almagro - 0

tudwell
07-12-2012, 12:16 PM
1. Federer - 21
2. Djokovic - 15
3. Nadal - 17
4. Murray - 0
5. Ferrer - 0
6. Tsonga - 0
7. Berdych - 0
8. Tipsarevic - 0
9. Del Potro - 1
10. Almagro - 0

You think no one besides the big three is going to win a slam for the next five years at the very least?

tank_job
07-12-2012, 12:22 PM
You think no one besides the big three is going to win a slam for the next five years at the very least?

Yes.

I've been saying this forever, they will dominate not only their own generation - but the next as well.

Raonic/Tomic/'s era will be the first in which none of them wins a slam.

And none of the close runners-up from the Big Three generation (Tsonga/Murray/Berdych...etc...) will ever win a slam either, so there is no-one left to win anything but Fedjokodal until 2017-18.

tudwell
07-12-2012, 01:22 PM
Yes.

I've been saying this forever, they will dominate not only their own generation - but the next as well.

Raonic/Tomic/'s era will be the first in which none of them wins a slam.

And none of the close runners-up from the Big Three generation (Tsonga/Murray/Berdych...etc...) will ever win a slam either, so there is no-one left to win anything but Fedjokodal until 2017-18.

Well, I disagree on Murray, but I think your timeline is a little off. Raonic is already 21 He's not one of the youngest guys on the tour or anything. And there are juniors who are just 16 or 17 now who will be 20-21 by the time your predictions could come true, and it's totally impossible to say what kind of impact they will have on the tour. There are constantly new faces appearing on the tour, and things change fast in tennis. Furthermore, look at Federer: He's won 2 slams since turning 28. You're predicting Nadal and Djokovic to split the slams up until they turn 30 or 31. I don't see that happening.

tank_job
07-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Well, I disagree on Murray, but I think your timeline is a little off. Raonic is already 21 He's not one of the youngest guys on the tour or anything. And there are juniors who are just 16 or 17 now who will be 20-21 by the time your predictions could come true, and it's totally impossible to say what kind of impact they will have on the tour. There are constantly new faces appearing on the tour, and things change fast in tennis. Furthermore, look at Federer: He's won 2 slams since turning 28. You're predicting Nadal and Djokovic to split the slams up until they turn 30 or 31. I don't see that happening.

OK, give more of Nadal's and Djokovic's slams to Federer in that case. I don't know exactly how many each of the Big Thee will end up with. Maybe Federer wins 26 slams.

The point is, no NEW slam winner will emerge until 2017 - it will be all Big Three until then.

NadalAgassi
07-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Federer- 18. 1 more U.S Open

Nadal- 20. 5 more French Opens, 2 more Wimbledons, 1 more U.S Open, 1 more Australian Open

Djokovic- 15. 5 more Australian Opens, 2 French Opens, 3 more U.S Opens

Murray- 2. 1 Wimbledon. 1 U.S Open

The rest will never win a slam (or another slam in Del Potro's case).

NadalAgassi
07-12-2012, 05:44 PM
There are constantly new faces appearing on the tour

Yeah who all suck pretty much. There has never been less young talent emerging in womens and mens tennis than today. Donald freaking Young had never lost to a player younger than him only a year ago, and he was already 22. I agree a new generation of slam winners will emerge at some point, might be the one after the Raonic/Tomic generation, or if not it will be even longer, but in whatever case it will take atleast several years before they are ready to even contend to win slams. As for Raonic and Tomic each might win a slam or two at some point if lucky, quite easy to see neither winning one, and the rest of their generation are even less likely.

tudwell
07-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Federer- 18. 1 more U.S Open

Nadal- 20. 5 more French Opens, 2 more Wimbledons, 1 more U.S Open, 1 more Australian Open

Djokovic- 15. 5 more Australian Opens, 2 French Opens, 3 more U.S Opens

Murray- 2. 1 Wimbledon. 1 U.S Open

The rest will never win a slam (or another slam in Del Potro's case).

Sorry, I don't see that. You have six more U.S. Opens, six more Australian opens, and seven more French Opens listed. I don't think it'll just be Djokovic and Nadal contending for majors when they're 32. That's totally unbelievable and totally unprecedented on the pro tour. I imagine they'll be the top dogs for another two or three years, but after that they'll be getting old and younger guys will inevitably rise up and start winning. Just because you can't see them now doesn't mean they aren't there. Some people come out of nowhere. Somebody might join the tour a year from now and win everything in sight. It's impossible to tell, but thinking Nadal and Djokovic, who play very physical styles of tennis, are going to dominate into their 30s is frankly rather silly to me.

timnz
07-12-2012, 05:56 PM
career...

Here are mine.

I am picking somwhere between 18 and 21 for roger. Picking 15 for nadal. Picking 9 to 11 for djokovic

NadalAgassi
07-12-2012, 05:58 PM
Sorry, I don't see that. You have six more U.S. Opens, six more Australian opens, and seven more French Opens listed. I don't think it'll just be Djokovic and Nadal contending for majors when they're 32. That's totally unbelievable and totally unprecedented on the pro tour. I imagine they'll be the top dogs for another two or three years, but after that they'll be getting old and younger guys will inevitably rise up and start winning. Just because you can't see them now doesn't mean they aren't there. Some people come out of nowhere. Somebody might join the tour a year from now and win everything in sight. It's impossible to tell, but thinking Nadal and Djokovic, who play very physical styles of tennis, are going to dominate into their 30s is frankly rather silly to me.

Like I said there are no up and comers. The mens and womens game are producing less young talent than ever in history, that has been the case for awhile, and the juniors ranks according to nearly all observers is one of the worst in history. That isnt wishful thinking, I am as dissapointed with that as anyone, it is reality.

Yes I can easily see Djokovic and Nadal winning slams for the next 6-7 years, and Federer atleast contending for them for the next 2-3. Yes eventually some good up and comer will come again, but they certainly arent close on the horizon. Federer would have won almost every slam the last year or two at 29 and 30 if Djokovic and Nadal didnt exist, Djokovic and Nadal wont face Djokovic and Nadal, they will face Murray and Raonic, and the weak pretenders who are coming up now.

Yes someone new will emerge and win everything out of nowhere when there are what, 2 players below 20 in the top 100 now, and at junior Wimbledon the titles were won by 2 Canadians (I am a Canadian, but seriously Canadians at singles tennis, lol). That is crazier than predicting Djokovic and Nadal to be in contention for slams for another 7 years.

kaku
07-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Roger: 18. He will pick up one more GS, probably at USO/SW19
Novak: 9. Most of his will be AO's, with a couple Wimbledon/USO thrown in and one French Open title
Rafa: 14. As of now, I don't see him being in danger at the FO aside from an on fire Novak, and will probably win a major outside of the FO at some point
Murray: 3. 2 AO and 1 USO, maybe another one but I think 3 is a safe pick

kishnabe
07-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Federer- 21 Slams ( 5 Australians, 1 French, 8 Wimbledons, 7 US Opens)

Nadal- 16 Slams ( 2 Australians, 9 French, 3 Wimbledons, 2 US Opens)

Djokovic- 9 Slams ( 4 Australians, 1 French, 1 Wimbledons, 3 US Opens)

Murray- 4 Slams ( 1 Australians, 0 French, 2 Wimbledons, 1 US Opens)

Ferrer, Tsonga, Berdych and everyone else zero.

Del Potro may end up with another Hardcourt slam.

FEDERERNADAL13
07-12-2012, 07:59 PM
Federer- 21 slams (5 Aussies, 2 FOs, 8 WIs, 6 USOs)

No.2vak- 9 slams (5 Aussies, 2 WIs, 2 USO)

Rafito- 15 slams (2 Aussies, 9 FOs, 3 WIs, 1 USO

Murray- 1 slam (Wimby)

Raonic- 3 slams (2 USOs, 1 WI)

Dimitrov- 2 slams (1 WI, 1 USO)

Rest of the field- time will tell

papertank
07-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Federer: 19- 4 Aus, 1 French, 8 Wimb, 6 US
Nadal: 16- 2 Aus, 11 French, 3 Wimb, 1 US
Djokovic: 11- 5 Aus, 1 French, 1 Wimb, 4 US
Murray: 5- 1 Aus, 3 Wimb, 1 US
Tsonga: 1- 1 Aus or Wimb
Raonic: 2 US
Berdych- 1 Wimb or US

TeflonTom
07-12-2012, 08:57 PM
tipseravic will win all titles for next 5 years except for FO 2013, where he will take a dive to djok n allow his wife to win the career grand slam

tank_job
07-13-2012, 01:39 AM
Why are people still picking Murray to win slams!?

4 slam finals later and it ain't lookin any better.

The guy even avoid Rafole in the SF and faced a sub-par, elderly, crippled Federer in the F and couldn't win.

The stars will never align for him in this way again, and he's proven that even when they did, he couldn't bag the title.

Big Three will win every slam for another 7 years - no sweat.

ViscaB
07-13-2012, 01:45 AM

It's the Lendl effect. He also got succesful in his 5th GS final:).

batz
07-13-2012, 01:57 AM

The guy even avoid Rafole in the SF and faced a sub-par, elderly, crippled Federer in the F and couldn't win.

The stars will never align for him in this way again, and he's proven that even when they did, he couldn't bag the title.

Because nobody in the history of the game who has made 4 slam finals has finished their career slamless? You're not big on empirical data and stuff, are you mate - you prefer blind faith in your own opinion - like your fantastic assertion last night that Rafa cannot be beaten in a slam before a final - despite the evidence to the contrary.

All of your posts, whether made as tennis_fan_182, or passive_aggressive or your current incarantion after your latest ban, have been a load of absolutist bollocks.

tank_job
07-13-2012, 02:02 AM
Because nobody in the history of the game who has made 4 slam finals has finished their career slamless? You're not big on data and stuff, are you mate - you prefer blind faith in your own opinion.

Nobody in the history of the game had won 17 GS before Federer.

This is an era where the unprecedented is happening, and, following the trend, Murray will easily be the first in history to get to 4 or maybe more GS finals and lose spectacularly every time.

And I will be there laughing each time he fails.

tennis_pro
07-13-2012, 02:03 AM

He had a pretty tough road to the final and "old crippled" Federer played probably his best match on grass in the last 2-3 years.

Youre right, tho. I've been sayin since early 2011 that I don't see Murray as a major winner as long as he has to go through one of the big 3 in GS championships.

batz
07-13-2012, 02:39 AM
[QUOTE=tank_job;6723309]Nobody in the history of the game had won 17 GS before Federer.

This is an era where the unprecedented is happening, and, following the trend, Murray will easily be the first in history to get to 4 or maybe more GS finals and lose spectacularly every time.

And I will be there laughing each time he fails./[QUOTE]

Fed's record number of wins has what to do with the metrics that indicate whether a given player is less or more likely to win a slam or not?

Why the statement in bold? Do you really think your candle burns brighter because someone else's is diminished? Didn't your Mother ever tell you that this wasn't the case?

You're not really a very nice person are you mate - which probably explains why you've been banned so many times.

Bottom line is WTF does it have to do with you if people pick Murray to win a slam? They have their opinions, you have yours. Who died and made you King of Slam Predictions?

Raistlin
07-13-2012, 02:42 AM
Roger Federer- 19 slams (1 more US Open, 1 more Wimby to retire)

Novak Djokovic- 10 slams (2 more Aussies, 1 US Open, 1 Wimby)

Rafael Nadal- 15 slams (3 more French, 1 Aussie)

Andy Murray- 0 Slams :twisted:

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga- 1 slam (Aussie)

batz
07-13-2012, 02:43 AM
He had a pretty tough road to the final and "old crippled" Federer played probably his best match on grass in the last 2-3 years.

Youre right, tho. I've been sayin since early 2011 that I don't see Murray as a major winner as long as he has to go through one of the big 3 in GS championships.

Well, he's already been through one of the Big 3 on 2 separate occaisions.

MG1
07-13-2012, 03:57 AM
Murray has played 27 slams only 2 player in open era has won their maiden slam after playing more slams than that ..

Goran Ivansevic -48th slam.
Korda - 34th slam

batz
07-13-2012, 04:20 AM
Murray has played 27 slams only 2 player in open era has won their maiden slam after playing more slams than that ..

Goran Ivansevic -48th slam.
Korda - 34th slam

But the fact remains that there are 2 examples of it happening. There are zero examples of a 4 time slam finalist finishing their career slamless. There are zero examples of an 8 time MS winner finishing their career slamless. There are zero examples of a 'made all 4 slam semis or better in a calendar year' player finishing their career slamless and there are zero examples of a player having 10 or more ATP titles by their 22nd birthday finishing their career slamless.

Of course none of that guarantees anything - it just provides a bit of context.

Feather
07-13-2012, 04:32 AM
Why are people still picking Murray to win slams!?4 slam finals later and it ain't lookin any better.

First of all, you shouldn't be asking this question. Why can't people have different opinions? Why is it that you have to force your view on them?

And a big lol @ " Big Three will win every slam for another 7 years - no sweat". It would have been laughable even if you had said 3 years let alone seven years!

tennis_pro
07-13-2012, 04:47 AM
Well, he's already been through one of the Big 3 on 2 separate occaisions.

Those were the times when I still gave him a fighting chance.

Feather
07-13-2012, 04:48 AM
Those were the times when I still gave him a fighting chance.

He is only 25, and he has four five years ahead of him.

MG1
07-13-2012, 05:09 AM
But the fact remains that there are 2 examples of it happening. There are zero examples of a 4 time slam finalist finishing their career slamless. There are zero examples of an 8 time MS winner finishing their career slamless. There are zero examples of a 'made all 4 slam semis or better in a calendar year' player finishing their career slamless and there are zero examples of a player having 10 or more ATP titles by their 22nd birthday finishing their career slamless.

Of course none of that guarantees anything - it just provides a bit of context.

Absolutely even i want murray to win his maiden slam soon

tank_job
07-13-2012, 06:05 AM
hasn't beaten one of the Big Three in a slam in a loooong, long time, has Murray.

I don't think he's capable of doing it anymore since he's physically declining.

Tsonga, Berdych - heck, even Rosol have done it much more recently.

batz
07-13-2012, 06:17 AM
hasn't beaten one of the Big Three in a slam in a loooong, long time, has Murray.

I don't think he's capable of doing it anymore since he's physically declining.

Tsonga, Berdych - heck, even Rosol have done it much more recently.

Rafa lost to Noel in 7 straight finals - did that mean he couldn't beat Noel?

Your absolutist pysh gets quite boring after a while tennis_fan_182 - you seem to think that sport is entirely predictable - well here's a newsflash for you mate - if it was as predictable as you seem to think it is then nobody would watch it.

Steffi-forever
07-13-2012, 07:48 AM
Like I said there are no up and comers. The mens and womens game are producing less young talent than ever in history, that has been the case for awhile, and the juniors ranks according to nearly all observers is one of the worst in history. That isnt wishful thinking, I am as dissapointed with that as anyone, it is reality.

Yes I can easily see Djokovic and Nadal winning slams for the next 6-7 years, and Federer atleast contending for them for the next 2-3. Yes eventually some good up and comer will come again, but they certainly arent close on the horizon. Federer would have won almost every slam the last year or two at 29 and 30 if Djokovic and Nadal didnt exist, Djokovic and Nadal wont face Djokovic and Nadal, they will face Murray and Raonic, and the weak pretenders who are coming up now.

Yes someone new will emerge and win everything out of nowhere when there are what, 2 players below 20 in the top 100 now, and at junior Wimbledon the titles were won by 2 Canadians (I am a Canadian, but seriously Canadians at singles tennis, lol). That is crazier than predicting Djokovic and Nadal to be in contention for slams for another 7 years.

You think only 5 men will win slams from 2005 through 2019? :shock:

I hope you're wrong, I'll stop watching tennis if this happens.

NadalAgassi
07-13-2012, 08:35 AM
You think only 5 men will win slams from 2005 through 2019? :shock:

I hope you're wrong, I'll stop watching tennis if this happens.

My predictions only covered 5.5 years worth of slams. So the slams could be stretched out over 8 years total with 2.5 years worth of slams (maybe all in a 4-5 year span, so over half of them in a span taking up over half of the 8 year span itself if you look at it that way) going to other players. That isnt too bad if it happens that way.

Yes though other than possibly Murray you wont be seeing any new slam winners for another 2-3 years anyway most likely. The second tier players arent slam caliber, the up and comers definitely arent either.

Wilander Fan
07-13-2012, 09:07 AM
My predictions only covered 5.5 years worth of slams. So the slams could be stretched out over 8 years total with 2.5 years worth of slams (maybe all in a 4-5 year span, so over half of them in a span taking up over half of the 8 year span itself if you look at it that way) going to other players. That isnt too bad if it happens that way.

Yes though other than possibly Murray you wont be seeing any new slam winners for another 2-3 years anyway most likely. The second tier players arent slam caliber, the up and comers definitely arent either.

I agree the new players have been weak and the next generations will be even worse. No good athletes are going into pro tennis given the terrible risk reward compared to just about any other pro sport. I think we are seeing it now with journeymen like Ferrer, Soderling and Fish suddenly having revivals as the oldest generation start to fade away and the lack of good new players to knock them off.

tank_job
07-13-2012, 09:08 AM

Make that 6-7 years. And no, just Big Three, Murray isn't winning anything either.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a new slam winner emerging in 2020 though, that would be about the time it would happen.

glazkovss
07-13-2012, 09:19 AM
Fed 19
Djok 11
Nadal 16
Murray 4
Tsonga 1
DelPo 2
others - none

NadalAgassi
07-13-2012, 09:22 AM
I agree the new players have been weak and the next generations will be even worse. No good athletes are going into pro tennis given the terrible risk reward compared to just about any other pro sport. I think we are seeing it now with journeymen like Ferrer, Soderling and Fish suddenly having revivals as the oldest generation start to fade away and the lack of good new players to knock them off.

Exactly. The womens game is no better either in that regard. The current young generation has the nickname of "Generation Suck", a 30 year old Serena is a lock to win any event she doesnt f-ck up in basically, and career journeywomen like Schiavone, Na, and Stosur are winning their first slams at age 29 or thereabouts. There is no up and coming talent right now.

li0scc0
07-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Federer - 17
Nadal - 15
Djokovic - 8
Del Potro - 1
Murray - 1
New guys we have never heard of - a lot

underground
07-13-2012, 10:21 AM
So now Federer stands at 17, Nadal 11, Djokovic 5, Murray 0.

I think Federer will still win more slams, I'm sure he will win at least 1 more USO, 1 Wimbly, and 1-2 more fluke ones, of course this depends how he plays for the rest of 2012, opinion is likely to change. If there was a slam on blue clay Federer will have like 6 more slams. This guy has proven so many people wrong and given so many surprises. Federer: 20 slams

Nadal: Can't win anything other than on clay at the moment it seems. Rosol might have done some damage, not much but I think it's there, it's affecting potential talented guys to raise their game more than Nadal himself. Don't think he will win USO this year. AO 2013? Maybe. I'll give Nadal 3 more FO's, surely someone will defeat him when he gets near thirty. Maybe another 1-2 flukes here and there. Nadal:16 slams

Djokovic: Obviously can win loads more slams, has a chance at the USO, would have a better chance against Nadal than Murray imo in the semis, we'll see how the draws go. I'll give him 5 more slams, more if he prevents himself from devolving back to prehistoric djoker. Djokovic: 10 slams

Murray: He can win slams, but not much. Murray: 3 slams

Del Potro will stay the same with 1 slam.

Everyone else in the top 10 (Tsonga, Berdych, Tipsarevic, Ferrer, Almagro), plus others (Isner, Raonic etc.): combined 2 slams

ZeroSkid
07-13-2012, 10:24 AM
Nadal 19
Federer 17
Djokovic 9
Murray 5
Delpo 1

the rest 0

Bruce39
07-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Federer 18
Djokovic 12
Nadal 11
Murray 5
Ferrer 0
Tsonga 1
Berdych 0
Tipsy 0
Del Potro 3
Almagro 0

Nadalgaenger
07-13-2012, 11:40 AM
Federer 18
Djokovic 12
Nadal 11
Murray 5
Ferrer 0
Tsonga 1
Berdych 0
Tipsy 0
Del Potro 3
Almagro 0

So basically you see Nadal winning 0 more slams, but Murray and Djokovic winning a combined 12 slams. So assuming their prime is now that means the two of them will basically win ALL of the next 3 years' worth of slams!!

Oh wait, Tsonga and Del Po and Fed will somehow combine for 4 more slams in that same period, without a single outsider getting into the mix.

Highly improbable...

Nadalgaenger
07-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Fed wins 1-2 more (probably only competitive at Wimby or US Open) Finishes at 18

Nadal wins 3 more FO and 2 others (finishes at 16)

Djokovic wins 1 FO, 2 more AO, 1 more Wimby, and 2 more USO (finishes at 11)

Murray wins 1 Wimby and 1 AO

Random guys we haven't heard of take the rest over the next 5 years. Somebody will break through. That is inevitable.

Russeljones
07-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Always good for a laugh (Faildasco lol)

BauerAlmeida
07-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Federer 17
Nadal 13
Djokovic 12
Murray 0
Del Potro 4
Berdych 1
Raonic 1

No one else from the current players will win, maybe Dimitrov, Harrison or Tomic in a very distant future, is impossible to know how good will be the players that will appear in the future.

kishnabe
07-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Nadal 19 :lol:
Federer 17 ( You said he would stay on 16 last time :) )
Djokovic 9 ( I agree)
Murray 5 ( Would be nice to see)
Delpo 1

the rest 0

Vamos Rafa.

okdude1992
07-13-2012, 04:15 PM
its funny looking back on this thread. alot of people underestimated nadal and djokovic, while overestimating murray.

my picks now:
fed:19
rafa:15
djoko:10
murr:2
delpo:2
tsonga:1

the field:1

BallsforTennis
07-05-2014, 04:38 PM
career...

Here are mine.

Other than getting Djokovic and Verdasco completely wrong, this wasn't such a bad effort.

However you are going to be confirmed wrong with Federer tomorrow bro.

bullfan
07-12-2014, 09:57 AM
Time for Bump....

BallsforTennis
07-12-2014, 10:13 AM
Shall we predict again? lol

Chico
07-12-2014, 10:14 AM
career...

Here are mine.

Nadal 17 slams, Murray 9 slamd and Novak only 7 slams. :shock: Outrageous. Just shows you how much is Novak underrated on this board. It looks like it was the same in 2009 when this clueless OP created the thread.

BallsforTennis
07-12-2014, 10:14 AM
The OP's predictions for Federer and Nadal seem to be spot on. lol

Chico
07-12-2014, 10:16 AM
how many times I have done this...

Nadal - 12 slams
Federer - 15 slams
Djokovic - 5 slams
Murray - 3 slams
Del Potro - 3 slams
Roddick - 1 slam
SImon - 0 slams
Verdasco - 0 slams
Davy - 0 slams
Monfils - 0 slams

Djokovic 5 slams. :shock: What are these people on? Ridiculous.

This hate and cluelessness just makes me angry.

Chico
07-12-2014, 10:17 AM

17 for Nadal is way too much. And it is irrelevant when you see how much is Novak underrated comparing to others.

Chico
07-12-2014, 10:20 AM
Fed- 14
Nadal-12
Djoker- 4
Murray 6
Tsonga- 1
Verdasco- Maybe 1

The rest at this point.. None.. the way it is going. By the time Nadal gets done dominating slams and is out of his prime and Djoker and Murray are finished, there will prolly be a whole new group of players ready to win and take over the reigns.

Del Potro? Overrated. I wouldnt be surprised if he never wins a slam. Hes like the equivalent of Nalbandian to me. He hasnt proven his worth at the slams

Novak 4 Murray 6. :shock: I can not believe this junk. More proof how much is hate and underappreciation of Novak spread on this board over years.

Would you people stop resurrecting these ancient ridiculous clueless threads.

Chico
07-12-2014, 10:22 AM

This one is the worst. Utter trash. such a waste of space and internet bandwith

beast of mallorca
07-12-2014, 10:29 AM

I actually see him getting 1 more but than again I feel it is to early to tell with him I think we are going to see him develop even more soon.

No need to apologize for the truth.

Right about that.

Now this made me confused..Fernando Verdasco at 25 who has made one slam semi in his life and is low top 10 has more chance of winning a slam than Roddick who is 26 or 27 but has been playing consistently in the top for the past 7 years? Verdasco had his run..he will be lucky to get to the semis again in a slam. I would say better lucky if he played serve and volley but he doesn't so no chance at a Wimby. The US Open definitely not with Fed, Djoker, Murray, Nadal, Roddick, Tsogna, Del Potro and Cilic healthy I do not see how he stands a chance.

He wouldn't sneak it anymore, Djokovic or Fed would do that.

.[/QUOTE]

Major fail.......as in EPIC in your face fail............:twisted:

BallsforTennis
07-12-2014, 10:34 AM
This chico kid needs to drop the Djokovic fan inferiority complex.

spirit95
07-12-2014, 10:39 AM
Fun thread.

Djokovic - 12
Nadal - 17
Federer - 17
Wawrinka - 2
Berdych - 0
Raonic - 3
Ferrer - 0
del Potro - 3
Dimitrov - 6
Murray - 5

uliks
07-12-2014, 10:42 AM
Chico is not a kid. And where is Zagor FFS...

http://iztokgartner.blog.siol.net/files/2011/09/62d.jpg

beast of mallorca
07-12-2014, 10:43 AM
However you are going to be confirmed wrong with Federer tomorrow bro.

What were you saying again ? :twisted:
Major fail dude :)

Supertegwyn
07-12-2014, 10:55 AM
Lol

10 chars

beast of mallorca
07-12-2014, 10:58 AM

It's blowing up in your faces as I speak........:lol:

BallsforTennis
07-12-2014, 11:18 AM
Granny of mallorca organism.

FlamEnemY
07-12-2014, 11:25 AM
This one is the worst. Utter trash. such a waste of space and internet bandwith

Sorry dude, but right now that's what your last 3 posts in this thread are. You do see that the predictions were made in 2009, when Djokovic was nowhere near his best, correct? It seemed that he'd rather continue to fall, not rise up to his 2011 level. It's easy to call a prediction "trash" in retrospect.

Would you people stop resurrecting these ancient ridiculous clueless threads.

You posting in them and bumping them up ain't helping ;)

And where is Zagor FFS...

Word. He ain't around anymore, it seems.

xFedal
07-12-2014, 11:47 AM

How dare you question Nadals clay court prowess :twisted:

La decima nexy year.:evil:

Chico
07-12-2014, 11:48 AM
How dare you question Nadals clay court prowess :twisted:

La decima nexy year.:evil:

Sorry but he will never reach 10 at RG.

BallsforTennis
07-12-2014, 11:54 AM
^lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xFedal
07-12-2014, 12:07 PM
17 for Nadal is way too much. And it is irrelevant when you see how much is Novak underrated comparing to others.

I would be very surprised if Nadal didn't get 18-20 Slams:twisted:

Graf=GOAT
07-12-2014, 12:11 PM
Federer: 18
Nadal: 16
Djokovic: 9
Murray: 5

xFedal
07-12-2014, 12:11 PM
Sorry but he will never reach 10 at RG.

La decima is guaranteed.

xFedal
07-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Federer: 18
Nadal: 16
Djokovic: 9

Federer: 17
Nadal: 19
Djokovic: 12

BallsforTennis
07-12-2014, 12:19 PM
Nadal: 17
Djokovic: 14
Murray: 4
Thiem: 6
Coric 3:
Raonic: 1
Nishikori: 2
Dimitrov: 6

AssaultJoker
07-12-2014, 12:27 PM
Coric 3:

Agree, good list.

BallsforTennis
07-12-2014, 12:29 PM
Thanks.....

uliks
07-12-2014, 12:30 PM
^^^Thiem 6. Dimitrov 6... Really. REALLY

Djokovic2011
07-12-2014, 12:36 PM

You see Nadal winning Wimbledon again?

bullfan
07-12-2014, 01:02 PM
Sure is interesting that folks initially thought Murray would be more successful than Novak!

BallsforTennis
07-12-2014, 01:19 PM
You see Nadal winning Wimbledon again?

Nope..........

BallsforTennis
07-12-2014, 01:58 PM
- Roger Federer (SUI) - 7 Wimbledon's, 5 US Open's, 4 Australian Open's and 1 French Open - TOTAL - 17 Grandslams (Career slam complete)

- Rafael Nadal (ESP) - 12 French Opens, 2 US Open's, 2 Wimbledon and 1 Australian Open - TOTAL - 17 Grandslams (Career slam complete)

- Novak Djokovic (SRB) - 7 Australian Opens, 3 US Opens, 3 Wimbledon and 1 French Open - TOTAL - 14 Grandslams (Career slam complete)

- Grigor Dimitrov (Bul) - 2 US Opens, 2 Australian Opens, 1 Wimbledon, 1 French Open - TOTAL - 6 Grandslams (Career slam complete)

- Andy Murray (GBR) - 2 US Opens, 2 Wimbledons, 0 Australian Opens and 0 French Open - 4 Grandslams

- Domonique Thiem (Aut) - 2 Australian Opens, 1 French Open, 1 US Open and 0 Wimbledon - 4 Grandslams

- Nicolas Kyrigos (Aus) - 1 Australian Open, 1 US Open, 1 Wimbledon and 0 French Open - 3 Grandslams

- Borna Coric (Cro) - 2 Australian Open's, 1 French Open, 0 Wimbledon's and 0 US Opens - 3 Grandslams

- Kei Nishikori (Jap) 1 US Open, 1 Australian Open's, 0 French Open's and 0 Wimbledon - 2 Grandslams

- Milos Raonic (Can) - 1 US Open, 0 Australian Open's, 0 French Open's and 0 Wimbledon - 1 Grandslams

Make yours and discuss...

xFedal
07-12-2014, 02:00 PM
[SIZE="3"]- Roger Federer (SUI) - 7 Wimbledon's, 5 US Open's, 4 Australian Open's and 1 French Open - TOTAL - 17 Grandslams (Career slam complete)

- Rafael Nadal (ESP) - 12 French Opens, 2 US Open's, 2 Wimbledon and 1 Australian Open - TOTAL - 17 Grandslams (Career slam complete)

- Novak Djokovic (SRB) - 7 Australian Opens, 3 US Opens, 3 Wimbledon and 1 French Open - TOTAL - 14 Grandslams (Career slam complete)

Make yours and discuss...

- Roger Federer (SUI) - 7 Wimbledon's, 5 US Open's, 4 Australian Open's and 1 French Open - TOTAL - 17 Grandslams (Career slam complete)

- Rafael Nadal (ESP) - 12 French Opens, 3 US Open's, 2 Wimbledon and 2 Australian Open - TOTAL - 19 Grandslams (Career slam complete)

- Novak Djokovic (SRB) - 7 Australian Opens, 3 US Opens, 3 Wimbledon and 2 French Open - TOTAL - 15 Grandslams (Career slam complete)

BallsforTennis
07-12-2014, 02:02 PM
^And how do you suppose Nadal wins another US Opens on a fast medium to low bouncing hard-court?

xFedal
07-12-2014, 02:03 PM
^And how do you suppose Nadal wins those 2 US Opens on a fast medium to low bouncing hard-court?

Which low bouncing court you on about?

He can surely win USO this year just needs to bring the serve and DTL.

BallsforTennis
07-12-2014, 02:08 PM
^The USO court is one of the fastest courts on tour and the fastest out of the grandslams, even faster than Wimbledon.

Nadal's most dangerous weapon is his topspin, using it to spit up into players faces like a spitting cobra. The bouncier the court, the more devastating the spit. On the courts at the US Open, the bounce is relatively medium to low, because it skids a little bit. So his major weapon isn't as major.

He won the title last season coz Djokovic imploded after missing millions of BPs.

BallsforTennis
07-12-2014, 02:10 PM
BTW you lot, my old user was Tennis_Maestro and I've lost my password and no-longer have access to the email account the TTW account was linked too.

I was the maker of this old thread.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/823/ky17.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/ky17.jpg/)

(^Click to enlarge)

xFedal
07-12-2014, 02:15 PM
^The USO court is one of the fastest courts on tour and the fastest out of the grandslams, even faster than Wimbledon.

Nadal's most dangerous weapon is his topspin, using it to spit up into players faces like a spitting cobra. The bouncier the court, the more devastating the spit. On the courts at the US Open, the bounce is relatively medium to low, because it skids a little bit. So his major weapon isn't as major.

He won the title last season coz Djokovic imploded after missing millions of BPs.

He brought the serve and DTL last year he needs to bring it again. He has djokovics number at USO.

BallsforTennis
07-12-2014, 02:20 PM
He brought the serve and DTL last year he needs to bring it again. He has djokovics number at USO.

You're in wet dream land, my friend. Go check your mattress, it's probably wet.

Don't be living amongst the clouds dude. Novak Djokovic is clearly, with anyone with a mind to understanding tennis, the best player on hard-courts currently on tour. He even could be seen as one of the best of the open era on the surface, may be only peak Federer would stand a fighting chance against him.

You see Djokovic mentally evaporated in Flushing Meadows last season, missing umpteen break-points to go up double breaks and then had 0-40 chances at the end of the set, before failing to take them and getting broken at 5-4. The rest was history because he was too emotionally drained from all the chances he had missed and couldn't get over the fact he didn't win the set. Nadal had the momentum, Novak just had a disbelieving mind.

Rafa won't get that same mental collapse this year around. You see? Ontop of this Rafa went into the US American hard-court swing as the underdog, the player with nothing to lose and everything to gain, anything he was to achieve there on the hard-courts was being seen as a bonus to him, atleast that;'s the ethos him and Toni had decided on. The reason for this was the injury, they felt it was unrealistic to hope for anything major with being out injured for so long. That's why he was able to play so well.

You can't drain, grind down and out last Djokovic on a fast hardcourt. Djokovic will just hit through him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=899lWNVWM1s

Hardcourt with a SLOW speed and a HIGH bounce and look what happened, THIS YEAR.

The US Open is fast and a medium to low bounce. Wawrinka and peak Murray are the only two that can compete with Djokovic on those US Open hard-courts this time around with Novak's mind clean.

Everyone will know it, US Open 2013 was the grandslam Novak Djokovic threw away and that Nadal was gifted/given. ;)

Noleberic123
07-12-2014, 04:50 PM
Coric 3:

this. thanks

Djokovic2011
07-12-2014, 06:05 PM
this. thanks

You think Novak will win 7 more slams mate? :shock:

Noleberic123
07-12-2014, 06:06 PM
You think Novak will win 7 more slams mate? :shock:

no, but I hope he will lol

Im also glad that someones thinks he will

And you never know, why cant he if he stays healthy and motivated in the next few years?

BallsforTennis
07-12-2014, 06:16 PM
Nishikori will go down as being one of the more underachieving players of his generation and many will point it down to his injuries and inability to stay match-fit and match-tight in between those. injuries. It is hard to constantly get injured time after time and then bring yourself back to full match-fitness through 2-3 months of tennis on tour. It's not either as if Nishi can drop down to the challengers for some easy wins and match practise. He's working his way back into it playing middle ranked players in rounds 1 and 2 of masters and 500s whom can match it with the top 20 guys when they redline their games. I feel sorry for the bloke, but that's just the way it goes man.

Kyrigos; very dependent on the serve and having balls to hit within his strike zone. His backhand is frigid and lacks handle. Much like Tsonga he'll rely on playing inspired tennis to win against the very best. I do think he has a better serve and forehand than compared to Jo however and obviously targeting a slam for him will be easier with no Djokovic, Murray and Federer on tour. That's why I am going with about 3, I believe the US Open will be his best bet and the Australian open may be a decent realism too, granted they seem to be using lighter tennis balls now a days and he'll have the Australian support behind his wings.

Thiem vs Dimitrov: I imagine we'll see a solid rivalry here, I cannot wait for his emergence. People don't realise just how good Thiem actually is. He still hasn't learned to finish points at the net when players are scampering with defensive balls back into court. Bloke still deals with the need to hit 3 - 5 virtual winners per point, to win a point. lol Dimitrov will only get better and I see him as a solid number 1 for many years, personally. Mentally he's improved drastically. Him and Rasheed really seem to be gelling, boy. Yeah, Federer's legacy will live on in Dimitrov.

bullfan
07-12-2014, 06:17 PM
Coric 3:

You told me in another thread that you were the originator of this thread.... You are saying, you believe that Novak will buck the trend of fatherhood, and win as many GS post fatherhood as before becoming a father?

Is that because you don't see anyone stepping up to the plate?

BallsforTennis
07-12-2014, 06:22 PM
You told me in another thread that you were the originator of this thread.... You are saying, you believe that Novak will buck the trend of fatherhood, and win as many GS post fatherhood as before becoming a father?

Is that because you don't see anyone stepping up to the plate?

I am the original creator of this thread. I stopped posting on TTW for quite a while as I had other things going on in my life and now I've returned, cannot regain access to my original account.

Anyway; I really personally feel Novak's win over Roger at this year's Wimbledon will be a career defining/changing/shaping moment. Not just the fact he did it after losing 3 slam finals in a row and against the great Roger Federer, but also that he did it after somewhat squandering the opportunity to serve out the championship. THINK ABOUT IT. Federer did give it to him in that final game at 5-4, however the level of effort it took mentally after not closing out, boy. He must feel like he can over-come and achieve anything now, with nothing and no one enable to stop. Crazy.

I would say there is no sport more psychological than Tennis out there, bearing perhaps Golf and Snooker. Honestly. So yes; I do believe he will dominate the Australian Open how Federer and Sampras have dominated Wimbledon. Plexcushion is his haven and I just don't see him losing there.

bullfan
07-12-2014, 06:43 PM
I am the original creator of this thread. I stopped posting on TTW for quite a while as I had other things going on in my life and now I've returned, cannot regain access to my original account.

Anyway; I really personally feel Novak's win over Roger at this year's Wimbledon will be a career defining/changing/shaping moment. Not just the fact he did it after losing 3 slam finals in a row and against the great Roger Federer, but also that he did it after somewhat squandering the opportunity to serve out the championship. THINK ABOUT IT. Federer did give it to him in that final game at 5-4, however the level of effort it took mentally after not closing out, boy. He must feel like he can over-come and achieve anything now, with nothing and no one enable to stop. Crazy.

I would say there is no sport more psychological than Tennis out there, bearing perhaps Golf and Snooker. Honestly. So yes; I do believe he will dominate the Australian Open how Federer and Sampras have dominated Wimbledon. Plexcushion is his haven and I just don't see him losing there.

Quite frankly, I thought his win over Fed at USO in 2010 was life defining.... The look on Novak's face after beating Fed was definitely a Kodak moment. He had this look that was like he'd climbed Everest, it was potent in retrospect.

Novak didn't even come close to looking that way when playing Fed.... Quite frankly, Novak should have won in 3-4 sets.

BallsforTennis
07-12-2014, 06:48 PM
Quite frankly, I thought his win over Fed at USO in 2010 was life defining.... The look on Novak's face after beating Fed was definitely a Kodak moment. He had this look that was like he'd climbed Everest, it was potent in retrospect.

Novak didn't even come close to looking that way when playing Fed.... Quite frankly, Novak should have won in 3-4 sets.

Yeah, agreed. Without that victory, I genuinely don't believe Novak would have felt invincible enough to have mounted that run in did in 2011, where he finally fell short to Federer at the french Open.

Every proper tennis follower that has an understanding of the ATP tour knows just how pinnacle that victory was in molding Djokovic's career. Suprised he lost the final to Rafa following mind you, would have thought he'd have had the momentum to surge on. Though we have to remember 2011 was when Djokovic hit his peak.

When did he get off gluten, was that 09? Anyone know?