PDA

View Full Version : Nadal is finally using the CB 1.3 at MC

PED
04-15-2009, 05:16 AM
Four months after release, it appears that Rafa is finally playing his first match with the CB 1.3's instead of a pj.

maximo
04-15-2009, 05:20 AM
Yep, but his shoes are still a bit different to the retail ones.The CB's hes wearing have a free moving tongue.

Oh, and the Air Max bubble on the heal is blacked out.

featherlight
04-15-2009, 05:21 AM
he is playing in the rolex masters now

mozzer
04-15-2009, 05:22 AM
Which is the Monte Carlo masters. They look really good in that colourway!

PED
04-15-2009, 05:23 AM
he is playing in the rolex masters now

That's why I put MC (short for Monte Carlo) in the title :)

Maximo, I'm sure your right that they're not the same as the retail version. I'm just surprised that he finally switched. The one thing I've found is that my CB's have much better cushioning over my Cages but Rafa knows what he likes and it obviously works for him ;)

maximo
04-15-2009, 05:24 AM
PED, i have Jumper's Knee, would you recommend getting the CB's 1.3?

I currently wear BV's

PED
04-15-2009, 05:24 AM
That colourway is hot, I don't think that it's coming out in the US until the summer.

I wish they had brought them out as I just ordered up a pair of the white/silver ones as the tread is shot on my black ones and it was like Bambi on ice when I played on the clay :)

HeadPro
04-15-2009, 05:27 AM
can anyone post some pics??

PED
04-15-2009, 05:28 AM
Maximo, I think the CB's would work well with the jumpers knee. The biggest adjustment is the "feel" of the CB's. The lunalight is very different feeling and it just takes awhile to get used to it.

The cushioning is much better(as is the traction) it just provides the cushioning in a different way to the cages. I play on HC 90% of the time and my back appreciates me using the CB's. Just remember that they take about a week to break in fully. Now mine feel like a pair of bedroom slippers, they're really comfy.

PED
04-15-2009, 05:29 AM
can anyone post some pics??

They just finished game #1 of their first set so I doubt the pics are up at Getty images. I'd try there in an hour or so and they should have them up.

maximo
04-15-2009, 05:36 AM
Maximo, I think the CB's would work well with the jumpers knee. The biggest adjustment is the "feel" of the CB's. The lunalight is very different feeling and it just takes awhile to get used to it.

The cushioning is much better(as is the traction) it just provides the cushioning in a different way to the cages. I play on HC 90% of the time and my back appreciates me using the CB's. Just remember that they take about a week to break in fully. Now mine feel like a pair of bedroom slippers, they're really comfy.

Thanks for your opinion.

Nadal isn't wearing knee tape, could be due to the CB's. :)

SempreSami
04-15-2009, 05:59 AM
Yep, but his shoes are still a bit different to the retail ones.The CB's hes wearing have a free moving tongue.

Oh, and the Air Max bubble on the heal is blacked out.

His Cages weren't retail models either.

The Young'n
04-15-2009, 09:09 AM
His Cages weren't retail models either.

A little late on that statement but its okay

Quick question. On rafas CB1.3's aren't the laces and accent piece on the top of the shoe blue.
The ones coming out in the summer have white laces don't they.

robbie_mx
04-15-2009, 10:05 AM
it's only a paint job.

Josherer
04-15-2009, 10:16 AM
Custome design from Nike for Rafa