PDA

View Full Version : Head Tournament Director (made in Nicaragua)

plasma
04-16-2009, 07:48 AM
it's always good to find stuff at the local free store. Recently I saw a Head tournament Director there. It was awesome, the same one Tim Mayotte used to win tournaments in the 80's. Metal hoop, plastic throat bridge. My highly foolish prejudice against metal and the amazingly long line caused me to walk away and decide to return to "cop" it another day.
As I walked away, I heard a roaring heartfelt laugh form the used club and racquet area. The laugh came from the belly of an otherwise quiet, formal, rather large Nicaraguan woman. Her son, who couldn't have been more than 4, picked up the racquet and started to look down the barrel of it as if it were a gun...then he shook it, took a few swings, examined the top closely... emulating the 2 minute spot check I had subconciously done to the director without even thinking...he proceeded to copy Plasma by taking a few shadow swings with the racquet as I had. The kid was lost in his own world, but it was a special moment to the Mom and I...

gymrat76
04-17-2009, 04:28 PM
Hey Plaz, ever recall waking up with a heavy hangover in mornin' at the latino side of the town..like four years back? :)

plasma
04-17-2009, 05:07 PM
it wasn't me, I'm not the father...I have an alibi!!!
http://i41.tinypic.com/equzwm.jpg
Anna can attest to the fact that I was home that night, watching re-runs....ALL NIGHT! (loyalty has its advantages...)