PDA

View Full Version : Beat Cal.

Fedace
04-17-2009, 09:43 AM
Nice weekend match up with Cal and Stanford. Stanford has gone on little bit of a roll. We should finish the season with confidence building victory over Cal this saturday. but it should be a close one.
Watch all the action on Stanford webcam on April 18th, Saturday, 1 PM Pacific.

http://www.gostanford.com/livestats/tennis/StanfordTennis.html

Then we are off to the Pac-10 tournament then its time to storm thru the NCAA tournament and sweep thru everyone in our way.:)

Joeyg
04-17-2009, 11:34 AM
"WE"??? I didn't realize you were in the line up Dr. Fedace.

Fedace
04-18-2009, 01:56 PM
Cal going down in doubles already. This is bad for Cal since their only hope was to win the doubles point to get off to a fast start. Well, it looks like we are well on our way to a Route......

Fedace
04-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Bradley Klahn has been moved up to #1 sinlges and Clayton playing #2. Look for Klahn to shine at #1 today. Cal bear's #1 Zerbini is no match for him.

Fedace
04-18-2009, 05:39 PM
Stanford Rolls over Cal on Senior Day. Bears didn't have a chance. Poor Bears. Next up is Pac-10 championships. Look for Stanford to dominate this one as well. wouldn't be surprised if it ended up in All Stanford Semis.

No. 8 Stanford 6, No. 39 California 1

DOUBLES
1) Klahn/Thacher (STAN) d. No. 15 Chizever/Zerbini (CAL) 8-6
2) No. 30 Muller/Wire (STAN) d. Dahan/Katsarov (CAL) 8-5
3) Andrews/Tu (CAL) d. Bruch/Clayton (STAN) 8-7
Order of Finish: 2, 1, 3
clinching match: No. 1

SINGLES
1) No. 52 Bradley Klahn (STAN) d. No. 58 Pedro Zerbini (CAL) 3-6, 6-0, 6-2
2) No. 20 Alex Clayton (STAN) d. Eoin Heavey (CAL) 6-4, 6-4
3) Ryan Thacher (STAN) d. Nick Andrews (CAL) 6-4, 7-5
4) Bozhidar Katsarov (CAL) d. Matt Bruch (STAN) 6-1, 6-2
5) No. 122 Richard Wire (STAN) d. Thai Tu (CAL) 6-2, 7-5
6) Blake Muller (STAN) d. Jonathan Dahan (CAL) 6-4, 6-4
Order of Finish: 4, 5, 2, 3, 1, 6
clinching match: No. 3

kctennis1005
04-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Stanford Rolls over Cal on Senior Day. Bears didn't have a chance. Poor Bears. Next up is Pac-10 championships. Look for Stanford to dominate this one as well. wouldn't be surprised if it ended up in All Stanford Semis.

No. 8 Stanford 6, No. 39 California 1

DOUBLES
1) Klahn/Thacher (STAN) d. No. 15 Chizever/Zerbini (CAL) 8-6
2) No. 30 Muller/Wire (STAN) d. Dahan/Katsarov (CAL) 8-5
3) Andrews/Tu (CAL) d. Bruch/Clayton (STAN) 8-7
Order of Finish: 2, 1, 3
clinching match: No. 1

SINGLES
1) No. 52 Bradley Klahn (STAN) d. No. 58 Pedro Zerbini (CAL) 3-6, 6-0, 6-2
2) No. 20 Alex Clayton (STAN) d. Eoin Heavey (CAL) 6-4, 6-4
3) Ryan Thacher (STAN) d. Nick Andrews (CAL) 6-4, 7-5
4) Bozhidar Katsarov (CAL) d. Matt Bruch (STAN) 6-1, 6-2
5) No. 122 Richard Wire (STAN) d. Thai Tu (CAL) 6-2, 7-5
6) Blake Muller (STAN) d. Jonathan Dahan (CAL) 6-4, 6-4
Order of Finish: 4, 5, 2, 3, 1, 6
clinching match: No. 3

well considering ucla got 1st in pac-10 and usc got 2nd i dont think stanford will get all the semis.....also quite a dominating performance by bo katsarov against bruch

reesespiecestennis
04-18-2009, 08:08 PM
What do you mean all semis? They don't have individuals in the pac 10 tournament right?

Also Stanford is an overrated team. They atleast get American players. I was at the CAA tournament in Norfolk, VA and every player was foreign almost.

Fedace
04-19-2009, 04:30 AM
What do you mean all semis? They don't have individuals in the pac 10 tournament right?

Also Stanford is an overrated team. They atleast get American players. I was at the CAA tournament in Norfolk, VA and every player was foreign almost.

Stanford has several players going into the Pac-10 tournament. It was all Stanford final 3 years ago and it could be the same thing all over.

AndrewD
04-19-2009, 05:02 AM
Nice weekend match up with Cal and Stanford. Stanford has gone on little bit of a roll. We should finish the season with confidence building victory over Cal this saturday. but it should be a close one.

Cal is ranked 39th and Stanford is ranked 8th. How could anyone think this would be other than a routine win for Stanford?

Now the close Stanford-Cal match was on the women's side (8th ranked Cal vs 12th ranked Stanford) where, surprise, surprise, Stanford managed to suck just enough to lose 3-4 to Cal.

The completes Stanford's worst league finish in school history and, for the second year in a row, they failed to win the Pac-10.

Or, should I say, that completes another year where Stanford failed to recruit players who were good enough to overcome the lousy coaching ;)

Fedace
04-19-2009, 08:17 AM
^^Don't sell Stanford coaching short. They are getting HOT right now. and with everyone healthy and playing their best, Stanford could take NCAA by storm.

Joeyg
04-20-2009, 11:28 AM
I'm going to the next Standford match. The rout I am taking is across the Dunbarton bridge. I hope the Standford team wins in a route!

tacoben
04-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Go Cal:):)!

staTennis
04-20-2009, 09:36 PM
o god, didnt realize greg hirshman was at stanford and still playing tennis
I could have sworn the guy would have quit despite his talent after watching some of his matches, downright embarassing court behaviour

Fedace
04-20-2009, 10:30 PM
o god, didnt realize greg hirshman was at stanford and still playing tennis
I could have sworn the guy would have quit despite his talent after watching some of his matches, downright embarassing court behaviour

Just Curious. What is wrong with Greg's behavior ? He doesn't curse or break rackets that i know of.:confused:

staTennis
04-20-2009, 11:21 PM
o nothing obscene or mean spirited, i mean the kid is a young conservative. I watched a couple of his matches down in san diego while he was in high school and he was a very sore loser. He was straight up crying between points because he was hitting balls out that he "felt" he should be hitting in and winning every point. And this wasnt some under 10's stuff, the kid was like a freshman or sophomore in high school playing an 18's tourney no less, i believe harker ink, over at barnes. Very immature and frankly, the most embarrassing tennis match i have ever seen live.

staTennis
04-20-2009, 11:23 PM
o nothing obscene or mean spirited, i mean the kid is a young conservative. I watched a couple of his matches down in san diego while he was in high school and he was a very sore loser. He was straight up crying between points because he was hitting balls out that he "felt" he should be hitting in while winning every point. And this wasnt some under 10's stuff, the kid was like a freshman or sophomore in high school playing an 18's tourney no less, i believe harker ink, over at barnes. Very immature and frankly, the most embarrassing tennis match i have ever seen live.

Fedace
04-20-2009, 11:46 PM
^^Yea, i think it is cause he is so competitive. He wants to win every point. except his talent level just won't take him to the top of college tennis. but he knows himself better than anyone. but he is a very honest guy. I don't remember anyone accusing him of being a cheater.