PDA

View Full Version : T2 Atlanta starts this week

JesseT
04-17-2009, 04:57 PM
curious how other people have enjoyed T2. Partner and I are trying a season playing a little over our heads. You feel there's a lot of overlap between 3.5-,3.5,4.0 (not official USTA/NTRP).

PushyPushster
04-18-2009, 06:37 AM
I like T2 a lot. The flexible schedule is important when you've got kids/other responsibilities on the weekends. I can't speak to the overlap because this is my second season and I've played both at the same level. If you're in East Cobb maybe we'll be playing each other. :-)

spot
04-20-2009, 01:31 PM
I think that T2 is the biggest ripoff of all the atlanta tennis leagues. 60 bucks per team for 5 matches. Its brutally tough to coordinate 4 people's schedules. I'll never play it again

PushyPushster
04-20-2009, 01:40 PM
spot -

I agree with you that it's pricey. Having said that, I don't know of another flexible doubles league. Does one exist?

I've had success getting many matches scheduled on weekday evenings and that justifies the price - for me.

jph424
04-21-2009, 04:59 AM
spot -

I agree with you that it's pricey. Having said that, I don't know of another flexible doubles league. Does one exist?

I've had success getting many matches scheduled on weekday evenings and that justifies the price - for me.

www.leaguetennis.com has flexible doubles leagues in ATL for $20/player and it includes a 7 match regular season and 16ish team playoff. I have had good experiences with it so far.

I played 3.5 mixed last season and we won all of our regular season matches so we decided to move up to 4.0 mixed. Scoville Jenkins is in our new division! That is going to be quite a step up in competition.

JesseT
04-21-2009, 08:45 AM
re: price. I've been debating that too. You could almost get more matches going to tournaments...and those just need you to plan ahead for a weekend.

Upside is that I've found the competition to be pretty consistent; if, maybe, with a few baggers. we played one duo where one guy (I am not exaggerating) had T2 tags from every season going back to 2005. It was like a set of wind chimes. Looked him up later and saw he just switched partners every two seasons and never moved up beyond 3.0-/3.0. *shrug*. Whatever makes people feel important.

I'm going to look into that other league. Considering there are now, what, 6 leagues in Atlanta (alta, t2, usta, peach, league, kswiss, missing one)? I expect the rates on T2 to come down in the future.

JesseT
04-21-2009, 08:46 AM
I like T2 a lot. The flexible schedule is important when you've got kids/other responsibilities on the weekends. I can't speak to the overlap because this is my second season and I've played both at the same level. If you're in East Cobb maybe we'll be playing each other. :-)

we're roswell. Closest we came to east cobb was playing some team in the playoffs last winter. We're playing 3.5 this season.

jgn1013
04-21-2009, 12:44 PM
If you already have a USTA memebership, play USTA summer league. It's every Sunday @ 3:00 PM, 2 singles line, 2 doubles line.

J-Mac
04-25-2009, 01:34 PM
missing Atlanta Tennis Tour
http://www.tennistour.org

JesseT
04-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Nah. I saw your other post about the season starting April 1. Still curious to what "issue" are these leagues a response to? Or is it just one of those "there's 120k+ players in Atlanta, probably more...we're just meeting market demand"

I like T2, KSwiss, ALTA and USTA for what they are. Not sure what the benefits to the other 4 leagues could be.