PDA

View Full Version : 1000+ quotes from Nadal......

pound cat
04-18-2009, 02:40 PM
I didn't think he said so many quotable things. LOL

http://news.google.ca/news?pz=1&ned=ca&hl=en&qsid=Fik1l4Zi5KVB-M

Serendipitous
04-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Thanks Mr. Cat! These are great!

pound cat
04-18-2009, 02:45 PM
Thanks Mr. Cat! These are great!

Meow......

tennis-hero
04-18-2009, 03:45 PM
the legenday "humility" and "never making excuses" :roll:

"I am humble," Nadal said, "but the numbers are the numbers."

"Juan Carlos is a very tough opponent, but certainly if you're not 100 per cent at a Masters Series event, it is very tough," Nadal said. "I congratulate Juan Carlos, but today for sure was not my best tennis."

"It doesn't matter at any tournament who you beat. It matters that you get to take the trophy home," Nadal said. "But beating Federer would be special."

"Today when I woke up, I said it was impossible to play," Nadal said. "I spoke to the doctor today and yesterday, and they put special protection on it and cream, but it was still tough."

"Today maybe it wasn't my best match here this year, but anyway I won in three sets

"Today was very tough with the wind, but anyway I played very good.

"I can't put the ball long," (errr...bedroom issues aside)

"I played good today, very, very good ...... a very complete match,

"I expected it,"

"It was tough, no? The conditions are very, very bad," Nadal said. "The winds are terrible."

King of Aces
04-18-2009, 03:51 PM
My avatar says it all. :)

Serendipitous
04-18-2009, 03:54 PM
My avatar says it all. :)

The quotes make you angry? :)

veroniquem
04-18-2009, 05:50 PM

"Juan Carlos is a very tough opponent, but certainly if you're not 100 per cent at a Masters Series event, it is very tough," Nadal said. "I congratulate Juan Carlos, but today for sure was not my best tennis."

"It doesn't matter at any tournament who you beat. It matters that you get to take the trophy home," Nadal said. "But beating Federer would be special."

"Today when I woke up, I said it was impossible to play," Nadal said. "I spoke to the doctor today and yesterday, and they put special protection on it and cream, but it was still tough."

"Today maybe it wasn't my best match here this year, but anyway I won in three sets

"I expected it,"

"It was tough, no? The conditions are very, very bad," Nadal said. "The winds are terrible."
I can't see anything arrogant in those quotes, some however are quoted without any context at all like "I expected it", he expected what? So can't be interpreted in any way. Same for the first one, what numbers was he talking about? I have listened to all press conf by Nadal for several years and I've never heard anything arrogant from him. Funny you take several quotes from the Rome match vs Ferrero where Nadal had such a horrible blister (that everyone could see on TV) that his foot was almost cut in 2. Of course he couldn't play his best tennis, arrogant to say something that bad on your foot hurt? Lol
And the quote about the wind is something he said (several times) about matches he won, so if you imply that represents an excuse, it's equally ridiculous.

msc886
04-18-2009, 05:53 PM
I can't see anything arrogant in those quotes.

Well he's making excuses for his losses suggesting that he could have won had those excuses not happened. it shows you are biased, when Federer does it he is arrogant but when Nadal says a "candy coated" version of the same thing, he is not arrogant at all.

luckyboy1300
04-18-2009, 05:57 PM
I can't see anything arrogant in those quotes.

of course YOU won't. what's new? end of argument.

veroniquem
04-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Well he's making excuses for his losses suggesting that he could have won had those excuses not happened. it shows you are biased, when Federer does it he is arrogant but when Nadal says a "candy coated" version of the same thing, he is not arrogant at all.
He isn't making excuses for matches that he won! For the Ferrero match he did say his foot hurt, it was the truth and not an excuse. There is a huge difference between saying you lost a match "over a bit of light" (when the conditions are exactly the same for both players) or saying the better player doesn't always win when you just lost a match to the #1 in the world and saying that you didn't play your best tennis because there is a gaping hole in your foot which everybody could see since the camera did a close up on it.
Anyway I'm not gonna change your opinion, so if you want to see arrogance in bits and pieces of quotes without a context, suit yourself.
At least the comments on Fed were made based on complete transcripts or videos not haphazard snippets the authenticity of which is impossible to verify in most cases.

Gorecki
04-18-2009, 06:17 PM
I can't see anything arrogant in those quotes,

most telling...

Sentinel
04-18-2009, 07:02 PM
I don't think the OP intended to ridicule Nadal, if you read the original post that is.

Some are funny, all honest thoughts. He's entitled to his own opinions isnt he.

"He's still No. 1," Nadal said. "He's still the best. He's still five-time champion here and I only have one, so for me it is very, very important."

Nice one.

Serve_Ace
04-18-2009, 07:18 PM

"I expected it,"

yup sounds like there are some excuses in there

Chelsea_Kiwi
04-18-2009, 07:26 PM
yup sounds like there are some excuses in there Look at what I just found: "I prefer not to speak about my body right now," Nadal said, adding it would sound like an excuse. What a hypocrite he says something like that then goes on in other matches using his body as an excuse same with the *******s.

Serve_Ace
04-18-2009, 07:31 PM
Look at what I just found: "I prefer not to speak about my body right now," Nadal said, adding it would sound like an excuse. What a hypocrite he says something like that then goes on in other matches using his body as an excuse same with the *******s.

Yeah, seriously, the Nadal fan analyze Federer's interviews, and then claiming he's arrogant and making excuses, but when looking at Nadal's quotes they just say that they're not excuses nor arrogant even though it plainly is.

Chelsea_Kiwi
04-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Yeah, seriously, the Nadal fan analyze Federer's interviews, and then claiming he's arrogant and making excuses, but when looking at Nadal's quotes they just say that they're not excuses nor arrogant even though it plainly is. Yes they are very lucky we don't drop to their level and analyse every single Nadal interview.

Serve_Ace
04-18-2009, 07:36 PM
Yes they are very lucky we don't drop to their level and analyse every single Nadal interview.

Yeah pretty much, I just don't have the time and effort to print it out and go through all of them.

VivalaVida
04-18-2009, 07:47 PM
^^^ I agree with you guys. People do over analyze federer's interview but just to be objective, federer has had some pretty bad interviews. The one he did at he AO 09 about djokovic retiring was such a terrible interview. I lost some respect for him there. He could have taken the high road but he stood there and bashed djokovic. not cool.

Chelsea_Kiwi
04-18-2009, 07:58 PM
^^^ I agree with you guys. People do over analyze federer's interview but just to be objective, federer has had some pretty bad interviews. The one he did at he AO 09 about djokovic retiring was such a terrible interview. I lost some respect for him there. He could have taken the high road but he stood there and bashed djokovic. not cool. Well he only spoke the truth so I am surprised his honesty made your opinion of him go down. Btw do you mean the one when he talks about how Roddick deserved to go through anyway?

nhat8121
04-18-2009, 07:58 PM

"I expected it,"

this proves absolutely nothing

is this the best you can find out of 1000+ quotes? i don't find anything even slightly annoying...fail.

Chelsea_Kiwi
04-18-2009, 08:01 PM

is this the best you can find out of 1000+ quotes? i don't find anything even slightly annoying...fail. You're a ******* so I am not surprised what-so-ever.

VivalaVida
04-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Well he only spoke the truth so I am surprised his honesty made your opinion of him go down. Btw do you mean the one when he talks about how Roddick deserved to go through anyway?

yeah, he said some unecessary things in that interview. He said " He is not a guy who has never given up before" and then he proceeded to expose novak further by telling the interviewer how he retired with a sore throat at MC in the middle of the match etc and he questioned Novak's illness at the end. See for yourself.

here it is: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/7853693.stm

King of Aces
04-18-2009, 08:17 PM

is this the best you can find out of 1000+ quotes? i don't find anything even slightly annoying...fail.

Nadal mbarely speaks English. He only learend a few years ago. If you remember when he first came on the scene five years ago he used a translator.

veroniquem
04-18-2009, 08:21 PM
Yeah pretty much, I just don't have the time and effort to print it out and go through all of them.
It's not laziness, it's just that you wouldn't find anything to bash. Nadal doesn't talk down his opponents or even worse other players who are not even his opponents, see post above (#22).

Breaker
04-18-2009, 08:30 PM
His best in my opinion.

"My english is almost perfect no?"

"I have a pain right here, in my famous ***.."

"My body is perfect...physically speaking"

DarthFed
04-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Yes they are very lucky we don't drop to their level and analyse every single Nadal interview.

There's nothing to analyze

It's generally the same thing all the time...almost as bad as his post match interviews

Nadalfan89
04-18-2009, 09:42 PM
First of all, Nadal can barely speak english. I'm sure a lot of what he says comes out the wrong way. Also, look at the way Nadal wins and loses. Federer cries when he wins and cries when he loses while Nadal humbly accepts triumph and failure the same way. I think people need to stop analyzing the words of athletes. They honeslty don't care about the press or trying to sound like an insightful poet when they speak, so judging them on the bases of their interviews isn't a good idea.

okdude1992
04-18-2009, 10:14 PM
hes obviously not perfect. hes definately making some excuses in here. but at least it doesn't appear hes taking away credit from his opponent as federer has been doing lately since hes started to slump a bit. anyway I think some of the quotes are funny

msc886
04-18-2009, 10:20 PM
He isn't making excuses for matches that he won! For the Ferrero match he did say his foot hurt, it was the truth and not an excuse. There is a huge difference between saying you lost a match "over a bit of light" (when the conditions are exactly the same for both players) or saying the better player doesn't always win when you just lost a match to the #1 in the world and saying that you didn't play your best tennis because there is a gaping hole in your foot which everybody could see since the camera did a close up on it.
Anyway I'm not gonna change your opinion, so if you want to see arrogance in bits and pieces of quotes without a context, suit yourself.
At least the comments on Fed were made based on complete transcripts or videos not haphazard snippets the authenticity of which is impossible to verify in most cases.

Ok. So what about mono, bad back etc, lack of practice? they are called excuses. At least blisters are a superficial injury whereas mono and back problems are more debilitating.

Pirao
04-19-2009, 01:38 AM
You're a ******* so I am not surprised what-so-ever.

You're a Nadal hater, nothing more nothing less. Anyone can see it reading thorugh your posts.

Underhand
04-19-2009, 01:56 AM
You're a ******* so I am not surprised what-so-ever.

Nice analysis, *******.

Safinator_1
04-19-2009, 02:35 AM
I don't see what the big deal if he says something so be it, hold it against him yea but doesn't really change anything. All these quotes are near meaningless to me i only listen to what he doesn oon the court

Chelsea_Kiwi
04-19-2009, 04:12 AM
You're a Nadal hater, nothing more nothing less. Anyone can see it reading thorugh your posts. I don't hate Nadal in fact in another thread I praised his clay game. It's more I hate people who disrespect Fed so in return I disrespect the player they support.

Pirao
04-19-2009, 05:30 AM
I don't hate Nadal in fact in another thread I praised his clay game. It's more I hate people who disrespect Fed so in return I disrespect the player they support.

A real mature aproach :evil:.

Ronny
04-19-2009, 05:48 AM
I don't respect Fed. So that mean you're going to diss my fav player?

GasquetGOAT
04-19-2009, 09:28 AM

"I expected it,"

LOL I see lots of excuses there.

Nothing new though, false humility from Nadal as usual.

http://www.nailscars.com/storage/i%27m-humble.png

All-rounder
04-19-2009, 09:40 AM
hes obviously not perfect. hes definately making some excuses in here. but at least it doesn't appear hes taking away credit from his opponent as federer has been doing lately since hes started to slump a bit. anyway I think some of the quotes are funny
I want to see nadal interview when he slumps or if he slump (to satisfy you nadal fans)

nadal for number1
04-19-2009, 09:44 AM
hahaha these are great, thanks

TennisandMusic
04-19-2009, 10:59 AM
You guys think these are "arrogant" quotes? Sometimes I wonder if Federer fans who are trying to call him out with THESE quotes even understand english, or what being arrogant really even means. This is a pretty silly attempt.

"The wind was tough to deal with."

"I played good today."

"I'd love to be able to beat Federer."

Thinking these are arrogant statements is just laughable guys.

VivalaVida
04-19-2009, 11:10 AM
You guys think these are "arrogant" quotes? Sometimes I wonder if Federer fans who are trying to call him out with THESE quotes even understand english, or what being arrogant really even means. This is a pretty silly attempt.

"The wind was tough to deal with."

"I played good today."

agreed, those comments arent arrogant. However, nadal fans pull this crap with federer's interview all the time. Hardcore fans of both players are really annoying.

shadows
04-19-2009, 11:11 AM

maybe they're thinking Rafa is being sarcastic with that last one =p

==

Seriously though, if push comes to shove I usually take Roger over Rafa, but these hideous attempts from people to spin meaning out of the meaningless in an effort to discredit or devalue Rafa are appalling.

Some of you are literally trawling through everything that's been said by a player in order to find something to make him look bad. Why not just go and look for things that highlight the best parts of a player you enjoy and the sport in general :/

It's all a bit sad really, for a forum where there seems to be a massive weight placed on a player conducting themself with class, there's an impressive lack of class in the conduct of a lot of the posters when discussing them. D:

King of Aces
04-19-2009, 03:44 PM
“Everyone can improve in every surface, no? No one is perfect. Sure, I can improve,” Nadal said. “I always work to improve because when you feel you can’t improve, is difficult to wake up and go on court and practice.” Rafa after winning Monte carlo and beating the Joker.

Serve_Ace
04-19-2009, 03:56 PM
maybe they're thinking Rafa is being sarcastic with that last one =p

==

Seriously though, if push comes to shove I usually take Roger over Rafa, but these hideous attempts from people to spin meaning out of the meaningless in an effort to discredit or devalue Rafa are appalling.

Some of you are literally trawling through everything that's been said by a player in order to find something to make him look bad. Why not just go and look for things that highlight the best parts of a player you enjoy and the sport in general :/

It's all a bit sad really, for a forum where there seems to be a massive weight placed on a player conducting themself with class, there's an impressive lack of class in the conduct of a lot of the posters when discussing them. D:

Have you seen those threads that Nadal fans start about an interview on Federer? He says something that they think it arrogant and doesn't give enough credit to Nadal all hell breaks loose.

King of Aces
04-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Have you seen those threads that Nadal fans start about an interview on Federer? He says something that they think it arrogant and doesn't give enough credit to Nadal all hell breaks loose.

I agree....can you believe there is even a damn Federer sucks forum!:

http://www.talk-sports.net/atp/sucks.aspx/Roger_Federer

DarthFed
04-19-2009, 06:00 PM
I agree....can you believe there is even a damn Federer sucks forum!:

http://www.talk-sports.net/atp/sucks.aspx/Roger_Federer

What the hell could some one have done to deserve that...

shadows
04-20-2009, 02:44 AM

of course I have, that's why the sentance you bolded referred to "some of you" as opposed to specific fans, and to "a player" rather than a specific player. I understand it goes both ways, it's just dissapointing to see players names dragged through the mud as often as their praised D: