PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Gloves?

fan_of_reds
03-11-2005, 01:01 PM
I just started up tennis practice for college and I am now suffering from blisters-just wondering if something like a tennis glove would help, and are tennis gloves comparable to baseball batting gloves?

raftermania
03-11-2005, 02:41 PM
Do a search on this.

If you can't find some racquetball/squash gloves then go for some golf gloves - they retain the best feel. Baseball gloves would lose some feel but would still do the job at keeping those nasty blisters at bay.

AndrewD
03-11-2005, 03:41 PM
Can't say Ive ever used one but Cliff Drysdale, in his playing days, did wear a glove on one hand to curb blisters. You could do a search to see what he used.

Id say, whatever you choose, make sure its not so thick or padded that you lose the feel of the handle. How about driving gloves or golfers gloves? You might even be able to ask at a golf shop and see what they recommend

K!ck5w3rvE
03-11-2005, 03:46 PM
TW used to have tennis gloves.

Baseline Basher
03-11-2005, 11:02 PM
If you're having blister troubles, try a different grip size. If your grip is too small, you could be clenching it too hard, stressing out your hand. If it's too big, you might be stretching. I think most tennis sites give advice on finding grip sizes.

ignitionMX
03-12-2005, 08:50 PM
You can try putting a bandaid over the blisters, it's what I've done in the past when my skin was extremely dry. The bandaid might break in half after you play a set, so bring some extras.

goober
03-12-2005, 10:05 PM
You can try putting a bandaid over the blisters, it's what I've done in the past when my skin was extremely dry. The bandaid might break in half after you play a set, so bring some extras.
or you could just tape the areas with the tape they use for taping ankles.

fan_of_reds
03-12-2005, 10:29 PM
Yeah, I've done both the bandaids and the tape...blisters still seem to bleed through that though...was wondering if a glove would solve the problem-but I'm afraid of losing the "feel" of the racquet...

tennis ace
03-13-2005, 07:37 PM
i have never heard of tennis gloves. wouldn't it mess up your touch and feel?

fedex27
04-01-2005, 04:37 PM
if you have to wear a glove to play tennis, your blisters are too bad to play tennis

gmlasam
04-01-2005, 05:29 PM
YOu can use athletic tape instead of gloves as an alternative.

Just tape up the area you get blisters on.

nViATi
04-02-2005, 02:44 AM
maybe try some different overgrips?