PDA

View Full Version : Change to Nadal Forehand?

Knightmace
04-18-2009, 11:22 PM
In The Murray matc hit looked like he was changing it and made alot of errors when doing CC shots?

nkhera1
04-19-2009, 10:59 AM
I'll get this thread started based on stuff I have heard, read, and though about.

1.) It seems as if Nadal has been tinkering with his forehand motion. It does not look the same and some others have suggested that is to make it more of an all-court forehand. If that's the case he may have sacrifice some spin for more penetration or flatness.

2.) It looks to me as if Nadal has lost lots of weight from even the beginning of hte season. He always did use his body a lot more to hit his forehand and maybe now he just doesn't have the same strength to get that obscene amount of topspin that he used to get.

3.) It could just be a bit of an adjustment period going from hardcourts to claycourts as he does try to hit it a bit flatter on the non-clay surfaces and it may just take him a while to get back to a clay forehand.

Personally I think its a little bit of both 1 and 2, but I'm not an expert on Nadal.