PDA

View Full Version : If Murray beats Roger......

batz
04-19-2009, 01:35 AM
At Rome and Madrid, then he'll be 2nd seed @ RG :shock:

Not saying it will happen, just pointing out it could.

If Murray is in Roger's half in Rome then things start to get interesting.

maximo
04-19-2009, 01:39 AM
Murray will leap frog djoko to # 3 in the world if he gets at least to the semi final of Rome.

batz
04-19-2009, 01:41 AM
Murray will leap frog djoko to # 3 in the world if he gets at least to the semi final of Rome.

That's a good call Max - even if Novak wins, Andy will be number 3 if he plays to his seeding.

EDIT - we are of course being a bit presumptive here. If Novak wins today then all of the above is out of the window!

Safinator_1
04-19-2009, 02:14 AM
We seem to be doing alot of predictions lately how have we fared compared to what actually happened?

batz
04-19-2009, 02:56 AM
We seem to be doing alot of predictions lately how have we fared compared to what actually happened?

Nobody has predicted anything on this thread. Pointing something out is not the same thing as prediciting it will happen.

Safinator_1
04-19-2009, 02:57 AM
Nobody has predicted anything on this thread. Pointing something out is not the same thing as prediciting it will happen.

I meant in the other threads some were nothing but predictions

Motherwasp
04-19-2009, 03:07 AM
If Greg Rusedski comes out retirement, gets some wildcards, wins the next 4 grand slams, then (in theory) he could be seeded 1 for the ATP challenger in Helsinki!!!! Can you imagine THAT, 'I'm not saying it will happen, just pointing out it could.'.

Please can we stop posting these speculative and completely useless threads, they make people sad.

batz
04-19-2009, 03:18 AM
If Greg Rusedski comes out retirement, gets some wildcards, wins the next 4 grand slams, then (in theory) he could be seeded 1 for the ATP challenger in Helsinki!!!! Can you imagine THAT, 'I'm not saying it will happen, just pointing out it could.'.

Please can we stop posting these speculative and completely useless threads, they make people sad.

If you think the probability of Murray being drawn against and beating Federer 2 tournaments in a row is the same as the probability of Rusedski coming out of retirement and winning 4 slams in a row, then I suggest you need some remedial mathematics instruction. A poor analogy.

95% of the threads on this board involve speculation. If you want facts, I suggest you spend your days browsing the Encylopedia Brittanica.

Motherwasp
04-19-2009, 03:54 AM
At Rome and Madrid, then he'll be 2nd seed @ RG :shock:

Not saying it will happen, just pointing out it could.

This is what i'm saying is completely useless. Seriously, you've created a thread about what could potentially happen to seeding at a Tournament. So what if it happened? What are the implications?

P.S You spelt Encyclopedia wrong, maybe you should invest in some 'tuition' yourself.

Clydey2times
04-19-2009, 04:05 AM
This is what i'm saying is completely useless. Seriously, you've created a thread about what could potentially happen to seeding at a Tournament. So what if it happened? What are the implications?

P.S You spelt Encyclopedia wrong, maybe you should invest in some 'tuition' yourself.

He made a typo, not a spelling error. Ascertain the difference between the two.

Motherwasp
04-19-2009, 04:19 AM
That's a big word. Care to comment on the usefulness of this thread?

Clydey2times
04-19-2009, 04:27 AM
That's a big word. Care to comment on the usefulness of this thread?

It's a discussion. People are speculating. Talking about Djokovic-Nadal, which is taking place right now, is also speculation. Why are you so opposed to speculation?

Motherwasp
04-19-2009, 04:30 AM
I'm not opposed to speculation at all, but this particular thread....about seeding?? I don't think it's very worthwhile.

Clydey2times
04-19-2009, 04:44 AM
I'm not opposed to speculation at all, but this particular thread....about seeding?? I don't think it's very worthwhile.

I think it's worthwhile. The number 2 seeding is important, since it means avoiding Rafa until the final.

batz
04-19-2009, 07:13 AM

I tell you what - I'll run all my posts past you in future and you can sign them off before I post - OK?

Your original response to this thread was to moan about speculation but now it's the wrong kind of speculation you have issues with.

Stop being such an authoritarian muppet - who died and made you Head of Acceptable Speculation?

Bud
04-19-2009, 08:47 AM

Me thinks Motherwasp should buzz off :lol:

Serendipitous
04-19-2009, 08:59 AM
This is a picture from Andy's match against Fognini:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/5/photos/gallery/2009/montecarlo/thurs6.jpg