PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever heard of Mike Cahill?

Mastadon_10S
04-19-2009, 06:54 AM
I just discovered that this guy is one of my good friend's uncles. Pretty interesting stuff. Just thought I would share it with you guys!

pc1
04-19-2009, 09:35 AM
I seem to recall that he was a journeyman pro but that's about it. I decided to look him up and I found this.

http://www.gmtoday.com/content/m_west/2006/July/28.asp

Mastadon_10S
04-19-2009, 09:41 AM
I seen to recall that he was a journeyman pro but that's about it. I decided to look him up and I found this.

http://www.gmtoday.com/content/m_west/2006/July/28.asp

That is a decent little write up, my friend sent me that very article when I learned of their relationship.

paterson
04-21-2009, 12:24 PM
My older brother competed against Cahill in the juniors in Wisconsin back in the late 60s.
Cahill competed against the Gullikson brothers, among others. He played college tennis at the University of Alabama. He turned pro and was a journeyman type player.

LeeD
04-22-2009, 08:20 AM
..and all this time I thought he was #1 for USC.....
He came into our booth to get several rackets strung, along with Stockton and Rameriz. All Wilson Team guys, Mike was the junior of the 3 in '78 or so.
Imagine the pressure of stringing for those 3, a few for Dibley, a few for Soares and a couple for Tanner... and they all wanted preferential treatment, a perfect non burned perfect tension job, and no scars on the racketheads.
I was better at nylon than Primo, the head stringer, who did most of the pro's VS gut string jobs. I think I was too nervous to finish even ONE in less than an hour, but that one was very very well done, compared to Primo's dozen or so in half the day of sweat, pressure, stress.
Only Rameriz hung around and shot the breeze with us, the other too important, Mike maybe shy in '78.

Mastadon_10S
04-22-2009, 06:07 PM
pretty neat stuff here guys. i hope to meet the guy sometime. my friend chris said he'd let me know next time he was around.