PDA

View Full Version : Murray goes crazy lol

MajinX
04-19-2009, 03:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GQzCo9h7_E&feature=channel

lol watch the end of this video, umpire comes down and tells murray thats the wrong mark and shows him the new one and he goes nuts haha but wat he doesnt realize is that the real mark the umpire is trying to show him is also out. Guess he was too caught up and worried about davydenko coming back coz he was doing just that.

Ronny
04-19-2009, 04:17 PM
cahahah that was funny....davydenko hit some very very lucky shots in that game....

TennisLover17
04-19-2009, 06:21 PM
Lol i like how he argues then the guy is like "even though they're arguing over which ball mark it is, it doesn't matter"

rogerowns
04-19-2009, 06:41 PM
haha seriously murray needs to calm down it didn't matter at all

(Blank)
04-19-2009, 06:46 PM
I think adrenaline and the importance of the point blurred his judgment slightly haha. Wonder how dumb he felt after that.

saram
04-19-2009, 06:52 PM
I like Davydenko's response....pretty cool considering the weight of the moment.

Mastadon_10S
04-19-2009, 06:53 PM
he won and I am sure that is all that matters

tudwell
04-19-2009, 06:54 PM
I think adrenaline and the importance of the point blurred his judgment slightly haha. Wonder how dumb he felt after that.

Man, I'd be so embarrassed!

DarthFed
04-19-2009, 06:56 PM
I heard people call Murray a brat and couldn't understand why...now i see it..

Hot Sauce
04-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Oh man. The ump said "Andy, the ball is out", and Andy put his hands on his head in disbelief and pointed to the line in disbelief.

In)SpiRe
04-19-2009, 06:59 PM
HAhahahah that was great! Thanks for sharing that lol...

ayuname
04-19-2009, 07:12 PM
I couldn't tell if it was anger or over-reaction.

Beacon Hill
04-19-2009, 07:15 PM
He obviously thought the umpire was pointing to a mark that was in and didn't realize he was ruling that both marks were out. Murray's back was turned when the umpire made his call. I don't think he would have flipped out otherwise. And I think Murray was right about which mark that ball left. It's just not that big a deal.

nhat8121
04-19-2009, 07:23 PM
OMG, what an idiot, why couldn't he just hear the umpire first b4 reacting...it was totally not a big deal. Why couldn't he just realize right away that it didn't matter at all which mark, they're both out...moron. It's just crazy to react like that...what's wrong with him?!

tennistomcat
04-19-2009, 08:32 PM
that was funny. thanks for sharing - some good overreacting there on murrays part --- i see hints of a possible drama queen? just funny stuff

Antonio Puente
04-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Spoiled baby.

Thankfully, a plastic bag didn't float overhead while this was going on.

mtommer
04-19-2009, 09:16 PM
OMG, what an idiot, why couldn't he just hear the umpire first b4 reacting...it was totally not a big deal. Why couldn't he just realize right away that it didn't matter at all which mark, they're both out...moron. It's just crazy to react like that...what's wrong with him?!

It's called adrenaline and being in the moment. It's a perfectly understandable reaction and I can think of a lot of people who would project what they think is going to be said into what is actually being said. He took a moment, that "OMG panic mode" eventually dissipated and he served again. Davydenko and the umpire handled it well and I think they understood just fine.

sh@de
04-20-2009, 01:35 AM
I guess the reaction was understandable... maybe, but I think it was still an overreaction. It was good he managed to calm down after that, but I thought it was a bit... disrepectful to act on court like that? I dunno.

batz
04-20-2009, 02:10 AM
Murray knew he was out of order - hence the reason he apologised to the umpire when they shook hands.

maximo
04-20-2009, 02:13 AM
That was quite funny.

miyagi
04-20-2009, 03:35 AM
LOL he went nuts without HEARING what the umpire had said!

Silly mistake thats all!

Bet he felt like a d!ck afterwards!

breadstick
04-20-2009, 04:36 AM
He sounds like a little brat in a supermarket.

He's like the new Hewitt.

westside
04-20-2009, 04:48 AM
He sounds like a little brat in a supermarket.

He's like the new Hewitt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHU6sQyhSeM

For you

JeMar
04-20-2009, 05:00 AM
Davydenko's smile after the incident was the best.

nhat8121
04-20-2009, 05:23 AM
It's called adrenaline and being in the moment. It's a perfectly understandable reaction and I can think of a lot of people who would project what they think is going to be said into what is actually being said. He took a moment, that "OMG panic mode" eventually dissipated and he served again. Davydenko and the umpire handled it well and I think they understood just fine.

yes, i agree with you

i was just being sarcastic

deltox
04-20-2009, 09:37 AM
He obviously thought the umpire was pointing to a mark that was in and didn't realize he was ruling that both marks were out. Murray's back was turned when the umpire made his call. I don't think he would have flipped out otherwise. And I think Murray was right about which mark that ball left. It's just not that big a deal.

he was NOT correct, they did a hawkeye replay of the point and the ump had the correct spot marked. murray missed one, it happens

deltox
04-20-2009, 09:37 AM
Davydenko's smile after the incident was the best.

i totally agree, kind of a confused lol inside

Clydey2times
04-20-2009, 09:41 AM
he was NOT correct, they did a hawkeye replay of the point and the ump had the correct spot marked. murray missed one, it happens

There is no possible way of knowing that. They did not give you a closeup of the marks Murray and Fergus were arguing over. There is no possible way you could know who identified the correct mark based on that Hawkeye replay.

You seem to be passing off wild speculation as fact.

deltox
04-20-2009, 09:43 AM
edit, not worth arguing over

Clydey2times
04-20-2009, 09:49 AM
its called watching the match live and seeing where murray pointed and where the ump pointed.. murray pointed wide and ump pointed deep, murray said its wide.. ump said andy it was long. speaks for itself

even the play by play commentators confirmed it after hawkeye and they had a great view

They pointed at the marks. The camera was not at an angle where you could see which each pointed at. Look at the video again. Murray circles a mark beyond the baseline with his racquet, not wide of it. And he certainly does not say that it's wide. I watched the match live and just watched the clip again. You seem to be just inventing things. Murray clearly circles a mark beyond the baseline.

deltox
04-20-2009, 09:51 AM
They pointed at the marks. The camera was not at an angle where you could see which each pointed at. Look at the video again. Murray circles a mark beyond the baseline with his racquet, not wide of it. And he certainly does not say that it's wide. I watched the match live and just watched the clip again. You seem to be just inventing things. Murray clearly circles a mark beyond the baseline.

are you a murray fan? regardless he was WRONG to pitch a hissy fit .

Clydey2times
04-20-2009, 10:00 AM
are you a murray fan? regardless he was WRONG to pitch a hissy fit .

Yes, I'm a Murray fan and I don't agree that he was wrong. It's easy to say that he was out of order, but consider the circumstances. It was deuce and the winner of that point either had a match point or a break point. It was a huge call. Secondly, Murray had circled the mark, basically confirming to Davydenko that the ball was out.

Now, when the umpire comes over, he looks at the mark and then sort of does a double take. The whole crowd gasps, as though the umpire is now questioning the call. Rather than hear the umpire, Murray assumed that the umpire is looking at a mark that was in (why else even bother if he wasn't questioning the call?). Of course you're going to lose it in a situation like that. Not only did he think that the umpire was going to incorrectly overturn the call, but he thought he was going to completely undermine his integrity by suggesting that he told Davydenko the ball was out when it was in fact in.

It was an emotional reaction at a massive point in the match and there were a variety of factors involved. I completely understand that reaction. It's easy to sit here and say that you would have handled it differently, but consider the circumstances I mentioned. People on these forums are so quick to criticise, as though this place is filled with saints, whose patience is limitless.

MajinX
04-20-2009, 10:04 AM
Yes, I'm a Murray fan and I don't agree that he was wrong. It's easy to say that he was out of order, but consider the circumstances. It was deuce and the winner of that point either had a match point or a break point. It was a huge call. Secondly, Murray had circled the mark, basically confirming to Davydenko that the ball was out.

Now, when the umpire comes over, he looks at the mark and then sort of does a double take. The whole crowd gasps, as though the umpire is now questioning the call. Rather than hear the umpire, Murray assumed that the umpire is looking at a mark that was in (why else even bother if he wasn't questioning the call?). Of course you're going to lose it in a situation like that. Not only did he think that the umpire was going to incorrectly overturn the call, but he thought he was going to completely undermine his integrity by suggesting that he told Davydenko the ball was out when it was in fact in.

It was an emotional reaction at a massive point in the match and there were a variety of factors involved. I completely understand that reaction. It's easy to sit here and say that you would have handled it differently, but consider the circumstances I mentioned. People on these forums are so quick to criticise, as though this place is filled with saints, whose patience is limitless.

lol all i have to say to that is, at least hear the umpire out, that is the only place he went wrong and from there he just screwed up. U have to admit if an ump comes down and doesnt instantly say the mark u circle is right it doesnt automaticly mean hes calling the ball in. It was a overreaction thats all.

Clydey2times
04-20-2009, 10:08 AM
lol all i have to say to that is, at least hear the umpire out, that is the only place he went wrong and from there he just screwed up. U have to admit if an ump comes down and doesnt instantly say the mark u circle is right it doesnt automaticly mean hes calling the ball in. It was a overreaction thats all.

Yeah, he should have heard the umpire out. However, had the umpire been calling the ball in, that reaction would have been justified. And that's the point. He thought the ball was incorrectly being called in, so he flipped. It was just an emotional reaction. When the crowd gasped, he seemed to assume the worst. I mean, even the commentators assumed that Fergus was calling the ball in at first.

dextor
04-20-2009, 10:10 AM
Hahaha what an idiotic moment.

David_Is_Right
04-20-2009, 10:20 AM

When you play an ATP quarter, you'll probably find out...

CocaCola
04-20-2009, 10:38 AM
OMG Murray is so stupid!

Dan007
04-20-2009, 10:54 AM
Murray is a whiner. Next time they play davydenko is gonna beat him

batz
04-20-2009, 11:13 AM
Having previously said that Murray was out of order, I now feel compelled to him Murray from the more infantile accusations being levelled at him.

Today Murray was at 10 Downing Street with David Beckham; they're jointly patronising a new global charity that will try to save hundreds of thousands of kids in Africa and elsewhere dying needlessly from malaria.

Yes Murray's reaction was out of order - that's why he was man enough to apologise to Fergus Murphy, but I wonder what some of the big guys calling him allsorts did today to make them feel proud - apart from ****ging off a young guy on a messageboard?