PDA

View Full Version : This is you HAVE to love him!!

babbette
04-20-2009, 03:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOnNfa44P5k

yeah baby!:)

richied
04-20-2009, 03:27 AM
It was ok wasn't that sensational. No one really went for a winner, during the whole rally. Nothing was really close to the line, during the point. Doko should have cut the last shot off at net by being closer to the net!

Satch
04-20-2009, 03:38 AM
It was ok wasn't that sensational. No one really went for a winner, during the whole rally. Nothing was really close to the line, during the point. Doko should have cut the last shot off at net by being closer to the net!

i agree that last volley could be much better

richied
04-20-2009, 03:45 AM
Yip, Doko has got to least cut off the middle..If Nadal hits down the line then good for him. Doko was caught watching!

breadstick
04-20-2009, 04:29 AM
I found that rally pretty boring actually. Long and boring.

King of Aces
04-20-2009, 04:46 AM

I love the end where there is a pic of Nadal with a FIST PUMP AND THE jOKER ON HIS KNEES IN THE BACKGROUN and the announcer says:

"Suddenlly, Nadal bringing the world #3 to his knees"

Greengrass
04-20-2009, 05:47 AM
I was bored.

cknobman
04-20-2009, 05:57 AM
No one has to love Nadal.

He is a great competitor and deserves every title he has won.

But I cant stand to watch him play. Its boring and repetitive and down right annoying.......kinda how you Nadal fans feel when you watch Federer play.

smO
04-20-2009, 06:01 AM
Booooooring.

Gorecki
04-20-2009, 06:06 AM
I love the end where there is a pic of Nadal with a FIST PUMP AND THE jOKER ON HIS KNEES IN THE BACKGROUN and the announcer says:

"Suddenlly, Nadal bringing the world #3 to his knees"

yeah... gotta love the guy.. not G.O.A.T. but definitely L.A.M.B.

P_Agony
04-20-2009, 07:05 AM
The final volley + reach was great, but the rally itself was just dull, and the conclusion is: No volley is safe against Nadal on clay.

tahiti
04-20-2009, 07:08 AM
Nadal just proved again how good he is....... He's massive points ahead at the moment.....so holding on to his no. 1 spot longer than some had hoped :)

Safinator_1
04-20-2009, 07:10 AM
You shoulda showed the point from when Nole had BP in the 1st game of the second set that was better

Djokovicfan4life
04-20-2009, 07:13 AM
That DTL approach could've been better, but nice point.

And no, I still don't have to love him.

Safinator_1
04-20-2009, 07:17 AM
yes it was a good rally.....lets move on now and move this to other piles of forgotten rallies

TheNatural
04-20-2009, 07:34 AM
Nadal totally winded the Joker. NIce body blow.

Cesc Fabregas
04-20-2009, 07:36 AM
Nadal is a beast.

shawn1122
04-20-2009, 08:36 AM
I honestly think a couple of the rallies between Murray and Nadal in the tiebreak and after Murray started trying was better. I'm not a hater, Nadal won most of those rallies. This one was just playing it safe from both sides for the most part, and then djokovic not covering the one most likely shot, cross court.

rafan
04-20-2009, 09:04 AM
Just ignore them, they're venting. We all know this rally was stupendous ;-)

The proof is that is brought the whole crowd to their feet - and some people have the audacity to call it boring. It was incredible

kimbahpnam
04-20-2009, 09:21 AM
?

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=256804

deltox
04-20-2009, 09:27 AM
sorry but its common nadal play. nothing special about it, hes done it to many times before to be so super duper

way to many people think when he poops its awesome and exciting. he did have a good last shot but as stated his opponent was slightly outta position making it even easier.

good long rally though, but its on clay so lotsa long rallies.

colonelforbin
04-20-2009, 09:44 AM
I thought this rally was more dramatic. The get by Nadal is unbelievable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmJ2cnmXSxY

charliexd
04-20-2009, 01:53 PM
No one has to love Nadal.

He is a great competitor and deserves every title he has won.

But I cant stand to watch him play. Its boring and repetitive and down right annoying.......kinda how you Nadal fans feel when you watch Federer play.
I'm a Nadal fan and when I watch Federer I don't feel like that at all. You can't say Nadal is boring to watch, there are always great rallies, passing shots and amazing points on his matches. He lacks the style and perfection of Federer but he isn't boring.

egn
04-20-2009, 02:02 PM
It was a very nice point indeed. Props to Nadal his speed is amazing in that one..truly an incredible athlete.

P_Agony
04-20-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm a Nadal fan and when I watch Federer I don't feel like that at all. You can't say Nadal is boring to watch, there are always great rallies, passing shots and amazing points on his matches. He lacks the style and perfection of Federer but he isn't boring.

We can't say Nadal is boring to watch? Is there a rule against that? To me he is very boring to watch. I just don't enjoy watching him play. Amazing points do not make a match, the regular points do. You can have 1, 2, maybe 3 great points in one match, with more than 100 points played. The regular rallies are painful to watch, at least for me. No Nadal bashing here, just my opinion.

Blinkism
04-20-2009, 02:22 PM
reminds me of this rally from last year's MC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrqU6gU-jW4&feature=related

tennis-hero
04-20-2009, 02:48 PM
boring moonballing

ZERO TALENT

all rafa did well was run well

which is a talent............ for a runner

Peak Federer would have finished that point a million shots ago

VivalaVida
04-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Nice point but with all honesty,very overrated. Someone even called it the best point of 2009. I dont think so. The best shot of 2009 was AO 09 when nadal, fully stretched, produced that outstanding DTL winner against federer

MizunoMX20
04-20-2009, 03:00 PM
boring moonballing

ZERO TALENT

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This is what sums up Nadal for me, @2:10..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRu6_Hwf8rM

Amazing placement... effortlessly

MizunoMX20
04-20-2009, 03:02 PM
EDIT: The point starts at 2:01

Gugafan
04-20-2009, 03:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&feature=related&v=DmJ2cnmXSxY

This is the best rally from the MC semi between Joker and Rafa.

0.46...Unreal get from Nadal!!

Check out Koenig's response after the rally: "Ridiculous tennis..Get outta here"!!. Lol

T1000
04-20-2009, 04:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tZhQi8aDcg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdnwqHUlY_k&feature=related
much better rallies. the other one is boring, except for the last two shots

fantom
04-20-2009, 05:58 PM
The commentary after that point is great. "How he came up with that reply only the good lord knows....and perhaps Djokovic is asking for some divine intervention"...

Hahah!

Serendipitous
04-20-2009, 06:38 PM
I like this better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF7xIVl029k

and this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDXUY8UWXd0&feature=related

wangs78
04-20-2009, 06:48 PM

Did anyone notice that Nadal stopped grunting in the middle of the point for some reason? Maybe that threw Novak off.

Federer_pilon
04-20-2009, 07:40 PM
boring moonballing

ZERO TALENT

It doesn't matter what peak Federer could do...he still couldn't beat Nadal at RG.

veroniquem
04-20-2009, 08:57 PM
boring moonballing

ZERO TALENT

With an UE, no doubt, and he might have ended up being bageled. Thank god it was Djokovic instead, he could sustain the pace and make it entertaining!

veroniquem
04-20-2009, 09:05 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This is what sums up Nadal for me, @2:10..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRu6_Hwf8rM

Amazing placement... effortlessly
Those highlights are such a treat, beautiful, thanks for posting, placement, pace, power, his shots have everything!

veroniquem
04-20-2009, 09:07 PM
Nice point but with all honesty,very overrated. Someone even called it the best point of 2009. I dont think so. The best shot of 2009 was AO 09 when nadal, fully stretched, produced that outstanding DTL winner against federer
I remember that point very well and I did think it was phenomenal but IMO the get in Monte-Carlo is even more unbelievable.

veroniquem
04-20-2009, 09:10 PM
reminds me of this rally from last year's MC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrqU6gU-jW4&feature=related
1 of my all time favorites! Thanks for posting...

NotSoSuper
04-20-2009, 09:16 PM
Not really that spectacular. Like 2 good shots: the drop volley and the passing shot. Just a really long point..

Definitely better than i could do though :)

slicefox
04-20-2009, 10:09 PM
I found that rally pretty boring actually. Long and boring.

Welcome to clay.

rafan
04-21-2009, 01:57 AM
Well we can only go by the general consensus. There must have been quite a few non Nadal fans in the Monte Carlo. They were as stunned as we all were and rose to their feet to acknowledge this guy. That is the great thing about Nadal - he is full of surprises. If for one minute, I thought we were going to see yet another predictable match I would go and do something else. With Nadal you know something amazing is going to happen at some point so you stay in there

P_Agony
04-21-2009, 02:07 AM
Well we can only go by the general consensus. There must have been quite a few non Nadal fans in the Monte Carlo. They were as stunned as we all were and rose to their feet to acknowledge this guy. That is the great thing about Nadal - he is full of surprises. If for one minute, I thought we were going to see yet another predictable match I would go and do something else. With Nadal you know something amazing is going to happen at some point so you stay in there

So I'm happy for you. I, however, am not able to enjoy his matches. Those surprise points are great, yes, but for me it's mostly highly dull rallies of moonballs from side to side. The point was some *******s here refuse to accept the fact some people don't think their hero's game is that spectaciluar to watch, which is of course pathetic. I'm not going to show you videos of Federer's amazing points in order to convince you to like Federer, as I know I can't, and shouldn't try, convince you with anything. If you like Nadal I give you the benefit of the doubt you've watched plenty of his maches to develop your opinion. If I don't like Nadal please give me the same credit that I've tried to watch his matches and simply couldn't.

theagassiman
04-21-2009, 02:15 AM
Nice shot, but really, the Joker isn't a very good volleyer...

Andyk028
04-21-2009, 05:01 AM
boring moonballing

ZERO TALENT

bahahaahahahaahahaahahaha

richied
04-21-2009, 05:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM-E7jQ3wzI

This is what I remember about tennis..two fierce, passionate competitors leaving it all on the court at the end of their careers under the banner of mutual respect.

Please, enjoy, ignite the spark if you aren't inspired to watch tennis anymore..we need more passionate competitors on the tour...one day

maximo
04-21-2009, 05:08 AM
Very impressive, i must say.

richied
04-21-2009, 05:20 AM
yip, none of this ***** footing around, going for shots trying to impose their will!!

richied
04-21-2009, 05:21 AM
actually, 4th set was better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyOzaU6ewTU

rafan
04-21-2009, 07:28 AM
So I'm happy for you. I, however, am not able to enjoy his matches. Those surprise points are great, yes, but for me it's mostly highly dull rallies of moonballs from side to side. The point was some *******s here refuse to accept the fact some people don't think their hero's game is that spectaciluar to watch, which is of course pathetic. I'm not going to show you videos of Federer's amazing points in order to convince you to like Federer, as I know I can't, and shouldn't try, convince you with anything. If you like Nadal I give you the benefit of the doubt you've watched plenty of his maches to develop your opinion. If I don't like Nadal please give me the same credit that I've tried to watch his matches and simply couldn't.

I've never said I don't like Federer and anyone who can do what he has done for 5 years is incredible. It's just that Nadal came along and it reminded me of the Borg, Mac and Jimmy era when tennis was very exciting and had you on the edge of your seats. I really liked ( and miss) the Fed/Nadal matches. I think they brought the best out in each other irrespective of the fact they approach the game differently. Quite often you get people who dislike Nadal for purely personal reasons which is a bit daft when you think how hard all these guys work at their game. To be honest I have enjoyed Federer playing far more since Nadal has been on the scene - not just because Nadal has started to beat him either

tahiti
04-21-2009, 08:41 AM
With an UE, no doubt, and he might have ended up being bageled. Thank god it was Djokovic instead, he could sustain the pace and make it entertaining!

I'll ditto that. Both Murray and Djoko vs Rafa matching were more exciting than a Rafa - Fed match.

P_Agony
04-21-2009, 10:06 AM
I've never said I don't like Federer and anyone who can do what he has done for 5 years is incredible. It's just that Nadal came along and it reminded me of the Borg, Mac and Jimmy era when tennis was very exciting and had you on the edge of your seats. I really liked ( and miss) the Fed/Nadal matches. I think they brought the best out in each other irrespective of the fact they approach the game differently. Quite often you get people who dislike Nadal for purely personal reasons which is a bit daft when you think how hard all these guys work at their game. To be honest I have enjoyed Federer playing far more since Nadal has been on the scene - not just because Nadal has started to beat him either

I don't think you understand me. In fact, if we were to like players based on their pesonality alone, I would probably be a huge fan of both Federer and Nadal. Nadal's peronality is great. He's a nice guy that works hard, knows how to credit his opponents, he's a great #1 as far as being a role model goes. He's not perfect, of course, there are some things I dislike about his personality, but there are things I dislike about Fed's, and it's OK, since they're only human. What I don't like is Nadal's game of tennis. He doesn't excite me one bit. His shots are not entertaining to watch for me. That's not to say he needs to change his style, of course he shouldn't, as it's working great for him. But just as you can't excpect Nadal to change his style for some fans who dislike it, you can't also excpect the fans to start faking sheer joy when they're bored. If there is no click there is no click, no need to force one. We can live without Nadal and Nadal sure as hell can live without us.

rafan
04-21-2009, 10:22 AM
I don't think you understand me. In fact, if we were to like players based on their pesonality alone, I would probably be a huge fan of both Federer and Nadal. Nadal's peronality is great. He's a nice guy that works hard, knows how to credit his opponents, he's a great #1 as far as being a role model goes. He's not perfect, of course, there are some things I dislike about his personality, but there are things I dislike about Fed's, and it's OK, since they're only human. What I don't like is Nadal's game of tennis. He doesn't excite me one bit. His shots are not entertaining to watch for me. That's not to say he needs to change his style, of course he shouldn't, as it's working great for him. But just as you can't excpect Nadal to change his style for some fans who dislike it, you can't also excpect the fans to start faking sheer joy when they're bored. If there is no click there is no click, no need to force one. We can live without Nadal and Nadal sure as hell can live without us.

I appreciate you opinion until the last sentence. If Nadal left the tennis scene then yes I would be pretty upset.

P_Agony
04-21-2009, 10:30 AM
I appreciate you opinion until the last sentence. If Nadal left the tennis scene then yes I would be pretty upset.

I didn't mean I can do without him as if he brings nothing to tennis. I already said he's a great role model and a great champion. I meant I can do without him as for watching his matches.

To be honset I don't want anyone to leave tennis. Safin leaving this year is already making me upset.

icedevil0289
04-21-2009, 10:35 AM
I'll ditto that. Both Murray and Djoko vs Rafa matching were more exciting than a Rafa - Fed match.

I think in general rafa is such a bad matchup for fed so most of the time when we see their matches, fed just makes a lot of errors and its probably worse on clay. However, I think roger has made the matches competitive and tough for rafa, one being rome 2006.

CCNM
04-21-2009, 11:55 AM
P Agony-I don't like Rafa's game either. I think it's too aggressive. Like I've said in another thread he would have been a fabulous baseball player. But he's good

rafan
04-21-2009, 09:23 PM
I didn't mean I can do without him as if he brings nothing to tennis. I already said he's a great role model and a great champion. I meant I can do without him as for watching his matches.

To be honset I don't want anyone to leave tennis. Safin leaving this year is already making me upset.

Yes I saw Safin on the pratice court at Wimbledon last year - he was very impressive