PDA

View Full Version : Poker question. help!

ibemadskillzz
03-11-2005, 04:18 PM
Hello,
I'm new to poker and I was wondering what the suit ranks are. Please tell me what the best to worst suit is? I know that there are four- spades, clubs, diamonds, and hearts. Can someone tell me the rank of these suits?

MegacedU
03-11-2005, 06:24 PM
They're all worth the same amount. No suit is better than another. It all depends on the number or picture on the card. Aces are usually the high cards followed by kings, queens, jacks, 10's, 9's so on and so forth.

ibemadskillzz
03-11-2005, 07:01 PM
you're so stupid, can anyone answer? you're saying that a royal flush of diamonds is equal to royal flush of clubs?
god, people are too dumb.

Coda
03-11-2005, 07:22 PM
skills: you are stupid for responding in such a way to a truthful answer...and yes a royal flush of diamonds is equal to a royal flush of clubs and a royal flush of hearts and so on...but the odds of getting a royal flush are about 1 in 650,000 and getting two in one hand against someone else are infinately smaller. You ask a question and you don't really like the answer so you call mega stupid...really nice.

ibemadskillzz
03-11-2005, 08:04 PM
coda, then tell me this. before the table picks the dealer, they pass out one card from the deck to every player. What if one person got a Ace of diamonds, the other got Ace of hearts. who becomes the dealer?

MegacedU
03-11-2005, 08:59 PM
you're so stupid, can anyone answer? you're saying that a royal flush of diamonds is equal to royal flush of clubs?

I'd rather be dumb than be a stupid arrogant jerk - I was trying to help you out. Instead of getting an appreciative response, I get you trying to feign knowledge you wish you had. So please, think twice before what you type to people on the internet. In the end YOU'RE the one that looks dumb.

Oh and by the way, if it's that important do your own effing research.

D-man
03-11-2005, 09:14 PM
http://www.pagat.com/vying/pokerrank.html

google is ur friend

roger2016
03-11-2005, 09:20 PM
If you'd ever played Tien Len (13), very simple game, then you'd find out that in that game it goes spades, clubs, diamonds, hearts and it's the same for poker. So.. Yay..

MegacedU
03-11-2005, 09:35 PM
The following is a direct quote from the site D-Man recommended:

"There are 52 cards in the pack, and the ranking of the individual cards, from high to low, is ace, king, queen, jack, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2. There is no ranking between the suits - so for example the king of hearts and the king of spades are equal."

No way... Does that sound vaguely familiar?

Kaptain Karl
03-11-2005, 09:57 PM
1 - Meg was correct.

2 - This isn't a Poker forum. You are welcome to go find one.

coda, then tell me this. before the table picks the dealer, they pass out one card from the deck to every player. What if one person got a Ace of diamonds, the other got Ace of hearts. who becomes the dealer?

3 - In your described situation, the first Ace deals.

You're welcome. Go away.

- KK

lenosucks
03-12-2005, 07:23 AM
ibemadskillz, you said
ibemadskillzz you're so stupid, can anyone answer? you're saying that a royal flush of diamonds is equal to royal flush of clubs?

It is impossible, in hold'em, for two people to both have royal flushes, unless the royal flush is on the board. It is impossible for there to be two royal flushes of different suits.

Coda
03-12-2005, 08:33 PM
It is impossible, in hold'em, for two people to both have royal flushes, unless the royal flush is on the board. It is impossible for there to be two royal flushes of different suits.

like I said infinitely smaller! I thought you were talking 5 card draw for some odd reason.

Tennis_baller
03-13-2005, 06:53 PM
Wow, Ibemadskillz just got ownfaceded!

MegacedU
03-13-2005, 07:13 PM
LOL, tennis baller wtf does that mean.

Tennis_baller
03-14-2005, 06:52 PM
Have you ever heard the term "own" (As in "I totally owned my opponent yesterday"?)Well, think own....faced. And I added the extra -ed for the laughs.

Now my question: What the f*** does wtf mean? j/k lol

MegacedU
03-14-2005, 06:57 PM
Lol, that's interesting.