PDA

View Full Version : Fed/Nadal vs Byran Brothers on clay

richied
04-20-2009, 11:10 PM
I would love to see if Nadal and Fed could win a doubles match against the Bryan Bros without going to the net. I wonder if they could continue to pass two players at net over 3-5 sets. IMO, it's pretty obvious that Nadal and Fed would win if they could volley as well as hit their big forehands and returns in a left and right combo. I think it would be too much for any doubles team to handle (if they cared and really wanted to win). Hence, I would like to see if they could win from the baseline only.

iriraz
04-21-2009, 12:52 AM
Federer-Wawrinka against Bryans is an even match but Federer-Nadal won`t make a good doubles team anyways.Doubles is not who is the best player but about communication on court and anticipating your partners next move.The Bryans are best at that anyways.

maximo
04-21-2009, 12:55 AM
The Bryan brothers are much more experienced, and so would win imo.

120mphBodyServe
04-21-2009, 12:57 AM
Federer always plays doubles with Stan, don't you people know ANYTHING???

Rainalkar
04-21-2009, 09:27 AM
Ančić and Ljubičić defeated the Bryans in US in Davis Cup. I don't think that Nadal is that well suited for doubles, his returns aren't double suited, they loop too high and aren't too aggressive. Federer is by far the best doubles player in the world, he just doesn't play it as much. Fed-Wawrinka would be like Woodforde-Woodbridge, no, much more, if they invested as much in it as in singles.

Nadal_Freak
04-21-2009, 09:30 AM
Ančić and Ljubičić defeated the Bryans in US in Davis Cup. I don't think that Nadal is that well suited for doubles, his returns aren't double suited, they loop too high and aren't too aggressive. Federer is by far the best doubles player in the world, he just doesn't play it as much. Fed-Wawrinka would be like Woodforde-Woodbridge, no, much more, if they invested as much in it as in singles.
Nadal won doubles in Monte-Carlo last year. He had a weak partner as he usually does but still got it done. If he had Federer and they had some time to learn to play together, they would beat the Bryan Brothers.

woodrow1029
04-21-2009, 09:32 AM
Federer always plays doubles with Stan, don't you people know ANYTHING???
Federer doesn't "always" play with Stan. He plays more with Allegro.

Blade0324
04-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Rainalker, No Federer is not the best doubles player in the world. I wouldn't even put him top 10 and not even if he focused more on it. Top doubles players don't get hit by the ball when at net twice in the same match just by missing a ball that was hit from a groundstroke. I'm not talking about an easy put away or overhead by the other team but just a regular groundie. This happen to Fed this year and IW against the Bryans.

fantom
04-21-2009, 12:29 PM
Are you talking Fed/Nadal playing Bryan bros in an ATP doubles tournament or a death match? The top singles guys don't give a d@mn about their doubles results and give it about 20-30%.

ATP match - Bryan Bros

Death match - Fed/Nadal

innoVAShaun
04-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Reminds me of when the U.S. thought Sampras + anyone (Todd Martin) could take on the Woodies in Davis Cup '97.

Razda
04-21-2009, 02:28 PM
I think it would be quite refreshing to see Rafa and Fed fans unite in an event against the Byran brothers.

Nadal_Freak
04-21-2009, 07:25 PM
I think it would be quite refreshing to see Rafa and Fed fans unite in an event against the Byran brothers.
Won't happen. We don't like each other and Fed is too bitter about Nadal beating him so much to allow it to happen. But if egos didn't exist, Nadal and Fed would be the ideal doubles team. You either hit to Nadal's or Federer's forehand. Ouch!

The-Champ
04-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Won't happen. We don't like each other and Fed is too bitter about Nadal beating him so much to allow it to happen. But if egos didn't exist, Nadal and Fed would be the ideal doubles team. You either hit to Nadal's or Federer's forehand. Ouch!

would they beat, say...Mcenroe/Woodforde?

shawn1122
04-21-2009, 07:31 PM

Only time I've heard you say something positive about Federer.

DarthFed
04-21-2009, 08:21 PM

Some Nadal fans can be level headed.....the fact that you adamantly believe that the fans don't like each other is just an indicative that things will get much MUCH worse on this forum

icedevil0289
04-21-2009, 08:29 PM
Some Nadal fans can be level headed.....the fact that you adamantly believe that the fans don't like each other is just an indicative that things will get much MUCH worse on this forum

lol I know. There are quite a lot of fedal fans, some one this board, and I know many others as well.

DarthFed
04-21-2009, 08:39 PM
lol I know. There are quite a lot of fedal fans, some one this board, and I know many others as well.

In the real world...most people i know like Fed....but the majority are Fedal fans...ie they are casual and haven't emotionally invested in a player

My mom like him for the wrong reasons (She thinks he's handsome), My dad likes Nadal for being a fighter...but he's not a fan if we get into a debate i generally pwn him...mostly because he hates Roddick

I detatched myself from Federer's glory days and im okay with tennis again (you may recall me saying i feel as though i hate it)

The fact that he went out of Monte Carlo early was a blessing in some ways, the forum was concentrated on other players and there were less Satanic Fed threads

TennisandMusic
04-21-2009, 08:50 PM

Come on man, this is just stupid...

NamRanger
04-21-2009, 08:54 PM
Federer and Nadal would beat the Bryan brothers simply because they are purely superior tennis players all around. Especially if it was on clay, which is the Bryan Bros. weakest surface. Wawrinka and Federer were able to beat the Bryan Bros on a very quick hardcourt, which favors the Bryan Bros. Add in the fact that Nadal is just a better player than Wawrinka, faster, and has deadly passing shots, combined with Federer's allcourt game, it's gonna be ouchies for the Bryan Bros.

This is all assuming if they played together however.

cork_screw
04-21-2009, 09:02 PM
oh my god, some people here are dumb. So if they were playing doubles, but couldn't volley, so basically you're saying singles but two at a time! What a dumb hypothetical situation. And you spelled allowed wrong which kind of exemplifies your intelligence, not aloud.

Beacon Hill
04-21-2009, 09:09 PM
A year or so ago Nadal asked Federer to play doubles with him. Federer declined, explaining that he likes to play with his friend Yves as he only occasionally plays doubles. But he said he'd like to play with Nadal sometime in the future.

Just that they talked about it, says a lot about their relationship.

Nadal_Freak
04-21-2009, 09:11 PM
A year or so ago Nadal asked Federer to play doubles with him. Federer declined, explaining that he likes to play with his friend Yves as he only occasionally plays doubles. But he said he'd like to play with Nadal sometime in the future.

Just that they talked about it, says a lot about their relationship.
All it says is Fed's ego is too bruised to play with Nadal. It obviously doesn't bother Nadal that he keeps beating Federer. It's not a 2 way street though.

icedevil0289
04-21-2009, 09:14 PM
All it says is Fed's ego is too bruised to play with Nadal. It obviously doesn't bother Nadal that he keeps beating Federer. It's not a 2 way street though.

Maybe you should write a book about federer, something like the inner workings of federer since you know so much about him and how he thinks.

Nadal_Freak
04-21-2009, 09:24 PM
Maybe you should write a book about federer, something like the inner workings of federer since you know so much about him and how he thinks.
Good idea. I'll call it the Insides of a Bruised Ego. :lol:

Fedace
04-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Nadal would be a liability to Roger. He stays back way too much and will be attacked by bryans.

icedevil0289
04-21-2009, 09:28 PM
Good idea. I'll call it the Insides of a Bruised Ego. :lol:

lol, go ahead. One extra book that would go under the "tennis books that would not sell" thread.

Toxicmilk
04-21-2009, 09:29 PM
for a GS: Nadal/Fed
Any other tourney: Bryans more than half the time. losing more on clay.

Ryoma Kun
04-21-2009, 09:41 PM
If Fed and Nadal played doubles together on clay against the Byran brothers with a catch; they aren't aloud to volley...who wins?

Scarier-would they beat the twins on the slow grass at Wimbledon...if it was 2000 and older..no chance, but with modern game and slow surfaces...I'm not sure it would be a cake walk?

why are they playing doubles if they can't volley??? what if they drop shot and then slam it at the net guy?

Anyhoo, baseline vs baselin, nadal and fedeer obviously, they can hit better angles and with more power.

richied
04-22-2009, 01:54 AM
oh my god, some people here are dumb. So if they were playing doubles, but couldn't volley, so basically you're saying singles but two at a time! What a dumb hypothetical situation. And you spelled allowed wrong which kind of exemplifies your intelligence, not aloud.

You have the creativity of a unborn child mate. You missed the point. I would love to see if Nadal and Fed could win a doubles match without going to the net. I wonder if they could continue to pass two players at net over 3-5 sets. It's pretty obvious that Nadal and Fed would win if they could volley as well. If they could volley with their forehands and returns in a left and right combo it would be too much for any doubles team to handle (if they cared and really wanted to win). Hence, I would like to see if they could win from the baseline only. But, your so intelligent you already knew that right?

English, isn't my frist language either, so I think I do a pretty good job!

lawrence
04-22-2009, 05:53 AM
fed already beat the bryans at the olympics :p

gameplan for fednadal: fed stays at net, nadal behind baseline, and singles it up gogo

deltox
04-22-2009, 06:27 AM
fed and nadal would need months if not years to aquire the same teamwork and doubles skills as the bryans

oscar_2424
04-22-2009, 06:30 AM
fed and nadal would win on clay, better groundstrokes, a good example is how horna and cuevas defeated the bryans in roland garros, being their second time playing together.

TheNatural
04-22-2009, 07:03 AM
Nadal and Wawrinka would me a much stronger combination.