PDA

View Full Version : Mark P new Head racquet?

serveBig
03-11-2005, 06:43 PM
It appears mark has finally changed his racquet... dont know much about racquets, can an expert tell me which type he is using... (obviously its a Head brand) :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/jillian83/mp_wells01.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/jillian83/mp_wells02.jpg

gregraven
03-11-2005, 08:02 PM
I can't really get a good look at it in these photos, but it appears to be a Head Prestige Classic, weighted up to around 400 grams, fairly even balance, strung with natural gut at an ungodly high tension by Nate Ferguson.

PrestigeClassic
03-11-2005, 08:06 PM
And the date these photos were snapped is...? The most interesting thing about the top picture is the appearance of a white sticker on the outside-throat, along with Poo's regular four power pads and what looks like lead tape starting at the fourth cross and probably ending at the fourth cross, so 6" long. That sticker is a barcode label that Head stuck on the first Prestige Classic 600 frames (and Prestige Pro 600 frames, but the frame in the photo is a Prestige Classic 600). The black barcode and numbers disappear with use, leaving just a plain white sticker that itself gets chipped away. Perhaps it is an older picture. Isn't Poo still playing with a blacked-out PC?

serveBig
03-11-2005, 08:23 PM
And the date these photos were snapped is...? The most interesting thing about the top picture is the appearance of a white sticker on the outside-throat, along with Poo's regular four power pads and what looks like lead tape starting at the fourth cross and probably ending at the fourth cross, so 6" long. That sticker is a barcode label that Head stuck on the first Prestige Classic 600 frames (and Prestige Pro 600 frames, but the frame in the photo is a Prestige Classic 600). The black barcode and numbers disappear with use, leaving just a plain white sticker that itself gets chipped away. Perhaps it is an older picture. Isn't Poo still playing with a blacked-out PC?

both of these pics were taken of mark today... thats why i am asking, normally his racquet is all blacked out, but today at indian wells he was using this racquet.

PrestigeClassic
03-11-2005, 08:58 PM
Cool. So Poo must have gathered at least one old frame from somewhere, and didn't bother painting it for whatever reason(s). Unless, that's not one of Head's white rectangular stickers (I have a bad screen). Got any pics of the sides of the frame that show the throat? He must be sponsored by Head now since he's using the stencil, so perhaps there just wasn't any time in having Head paint the frames, or perhaps Poo didn't want them repainted. ???

david aames
03-12-2005, 05:20 AM
Just plain weird. He is also sporting Fila again and not his own crappy designs. There are more pics on Getty of yesterday's match btw.

It appears mark has finally changed his racquet... dont
know much about racquets, can an expert tell me which type he is using... (obviously its a Head brand) :D

fedex27
03-12-2005, 08:59 AM
a few pictures with him using the pc 600. he and head must have worked something out but like sampres didnt want his frames painted. also his unbelievably hot gf is on there

Power Game
03-12-2005, 09:03 AM
This is pretty interesting. What happened to his whole "I don't want to be sponsered anymore" thing?

fedex27
03-12-2005, 10:33 AM
This is pretty interesting. What happened to his whole "I don't want to be sponsered anymore" thing?
he must have ran out of money for never playing

PrestigeClassic
03-12-2005, 10:45 AM
There's no interview? Is Philippoussis trying to revert back to some old forgotten time when he was winning??? He's retro-izing himself. Even has a matching Head butt cap...no more Prince handle shape? I hope he starts winning, the early losses must be disheartening for himself as much as it is for his fans. Was that a ring on his ring finger in one of the pictures on Getty?

serveBig
03-12-2005, 12:47 PM
There's no interview? Is Philippoussis trying to revert back to some old forgotten time when he was winning??? He's retro-izing himself. Even has a matching Head butt cap...no more Prince handle shape? I hope he starts winning, the early losses must be disheartening for himself as much as it is for his fans. Was that a ring on his ring finger in one of the pictures on Getty?

ok this may sound lame, but here is my theory on marks sudden change of appearence.. its gotta have something to do with alexis barbara.

That young lady is a walking fashion catalogue, the clothes, jewllery and bags she wears are hundreds and hundreds of dollars... my guess is when she started dating mark she took one look at his clothes and said "hell no!" :D :p lol, all of a sudden the ugly outfits are gone and Fila is back, (thankgod!) next he gets a nice haircut, and now he's changed his racquet... they are all physical appearence changes which at the very least makes mark look good on court... A woman has got to be behind all of that!!

As for the ring, he was wearing it in scottsdale and was the first hint that he and alexis were getting or already were engaged. As a fan i can also see he's trimmed down a fair bit and looks pretty healthy, its gotta be hurting that he's not getting any results. I would of loved to hear his thoughts yesterday and get an insight to what on earth is going on in his head... hopefully he might play some challenger events now.

atarisboy86
03-12-2005, 01:27 PM
yes, that woman he is with seems to have high tastes in fashing.....very good looking might I add....but if she supplies what he wants, then maybe he must give in to her demands.... ;)

PrestigeClassic
03-12-2005, 06:20 PM
Maybe is she is supplying what he wants before the match, she should wait until afterwards, and vice versa. Something's just not working.