PDA

View Full Version : Andy Roddick's Whirlwind Marriage

lordmanji
04-21-2009, 08:20 AM
they started dating two years ago when roddick asked his agent to track down a model he saw in a swimsuit magazine. she's 21 now which means she was 19 when they started dating and now she's mrs roddick. it all seems a little rushed imo and i think he could've waited a few more years until she was a little older. most 21 year olds i knew when i was 21 were really not married to get married. dont get me wrong im happy for him but i just dont see it lasting very long.

EtePras
04-21-2009, 08:22 AM
Not only are his strokes and behavior less classy than Federer, so is his marriage.

Underhand
04-21-2009, 08:31 AM
It's not your business.

Pancho G
04-21-2009, 08:50 AM
It's not your business.

Are you the real Andy Roddick?

crazylevity
04-21-2009, 08:52 AM
Lol. When was the last time we had so many married men in the top ten?

lordmanji
04-21-2009, 09:04 AM
Lol. When was the last time we had so many married men in the top ten?

who are they?

2. Federer
6. Roddick
8. Davydenko

and let's go into top 20 as well since they can jump into top 10 anytime:

lol 0 i think.

rightytopspin79
04-21-2009, 09:11 AM
Hmm, well if you were expecting Andy Roddick to win another Grand Slam then perhaps his marriage will be a hinderance to that but since he hasn't in a Grand Slam Final since the 06 US Open I would say that its a safe bet that he'll just hover where he's been the past 4 yrs.

woodrow1029
04-21-2009, 09:23 AM
Not only are his strokes and behavior less classy than Federer, so is his marriage.
That's a pretty classless statement.

tahiti
04-21-2009, 09:42 AM
Well congratulations to Roddick, but I'm fairly sure it won't make it more than a few years. It's up to Roddick and his lady friend to prove me wrong now.

helloworld
04-21-2009, 09:45 AM
I don't see this marriage lasting long at all. The girl doesn't seem like a housewife type to me.

coyfish
04-21-2009, 09:45 AM
Hes obviosly marrying her for her personality :). Oh wait . . . maybe her education. Damn forgot shes not going to college. If she/he signs a prenup then I take back my statement !

Babo
04-21-2009, 09:55 AM
Dating for 2 years before getting married is common with people I know. Besides what do they have to wait for? Their careers to take off? Graduate from school to support themselves? Besides Roddick is married to a supermodel, and she is married to a worldwide tennis star...who wouldn't rush into that?

amx13
04-21-2009, 09:56 AM
It will never end. I saw Federer getting bashed by some people because his then-girlfriend was not hot enough, out of shape, etc...then you get people bashing Roddick because his wife is a super-model...so who are this guys supposed to date/marry to please everybody?. Focus on their tennis...and let them live their lifes as they want.

Babo
04-21-2009, 09:56 AM
That's a pretty classless statement.

^^^ I agree btw

Jack the Hack
04-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Regardless of age, when you've dated someone for 2 years before taking the vows, I wouldn't consider that a "whirlwind marriage" in any manner. Age and experience is not the biggest factor in the success of a marriage. It really comes down to compatibility and commitment to each other.

By the way, my wife and I got married when we were 21, and we just celebrated our 15th anniversary last year. We met when we were kids and were just friends for years, so we dated other people as well (so we weren't childhood sweethearts). I was still in college when we got married, so it wasn't ideal financially, but we were both very disciplined and waited for 6 years before we had children. I'm not saying that everyone should do what we did, but it can work if you are matched well and have the same goals.

127mph
04-21-2009, 10:05 AM
how old was she when he won us open?

Djokovicfan4life
04-21-2009, 10:06 AM
Who knows if it will last or not. And who are we to judge unless we know both of them personally? And even then, it's none of our business.

tacou
04-21-2009, 10:59 AM
I don't see this marriage lasting long at all. The girl doesn't seem like a housewife type to me.

??? FUNNIEST STATEMENT I'VE READ ON THESE FORUMS.

she doesn't seem like the housewife type...? maybe she's changed from the last time you spoke to her which was uhhh oh never.

Tennis_Bum
04-21-2009, 11:04 AM
It will never end. I saw Federer getting bashed by some people because his then-girlfriend was not hot enough, out of shape, etc...then you get people bashing Roddick because his wife is a super-model...so who are this guys supposed to date/marry to please everybody?. Focus on their tennis...and let them live their lifes as they want.

Fair statement. To each his own. Yeah, just focus on the damn tennis and leave personal lives out of the discussion.

DarthFed
04-21-2009, 11:14 AM
The time they've known each other is a non-factor

My parents only dated for 8 months before my dad popped the question and they've been married for 20 years now w/o a single "I'm leaving and going to my mothers"

Congrats to Roddick though....after a tough loss he can always look forward to awesome comfort sex

Morrissey
04-21-2009, 11:46 AM
You obviously haven't been married or been in a serious relationship. I think this whole thing is absurd, but then again it would be too boring to just say it will last and I hope for the best. Anyway, it's not that uncommon for a 26-27 year old man to get married and for a 21 year old woman as well. What the hell are they waiting for? A 35 year old Roddick and a 30 year Brooklyn to finally decide that they're too old to be checking out the single scene?

If they really feel "right" together and they truly love being around each other why not? Andy and Brooklyn are pretty sure of themselves and they know what they want. They're not kids anymore and they can make their own decisions. Look at Hewitt and Bec Cartwright. He's got 2 kids already at practically the same age as Roddick. So if anything Hewitt definitely sped up the whole process. But nobody is waiting for them to fall apart.

RalphNYC
04-21-2009, 11:49 AM
they started dating two years ago when roddick asked his agent to track down a model he saw in a swimsuit magazine. she's 21 now which means she was 19 when they started dating and now she's mrs roddick. it all seems a little rushed imo and i think he could've waited a few more years until she was a little older. most 21 year olds i knew when i was 21 were really not married to get married. dont get me wrong im happy for him but i just dont see it lasting very long.

Excellent observations. Do you also give financial advice?

batz
04-21-2009, 11:54 AM
I'm not sure that discussing how long a guy's marriage is going to last is the most edifying thread I've ever seen.

Has the OP ever thought of visiting www.gossipyfishwife.com?

Kobble
04-21-2009, 12:54 PM
It seems like a Hollywood marriage. Roddick has been dating the Hollywood girls for a while, now. I think Tito and Jenna will last longer.

DarthFed
04-21-2009, 12:59 PM
this is so messed up...leave andy alone...i smell jealousy...they looked happy to me

fantom
04-21-2009, 01:20 PM
He took Sampras' approach. Marry a hot, but not really that famous celebrity. I can't say I blame him.

Leublu tennis
04-21-2009, 01:56 PM
It's not your business.You know at times you are funny.

Leublu tennis
04-21-2009, 01:57 PM
who are they?

2. Federer
6. Roddick
8. Davydenko

and let's go into top 20 as well since they can jump into top 10 anytime:

lol 0 i think.They are all over 25, right?

Leublu tennis
04-21-2009, 01:59 PM
I don't see this marriage lasting long at all. The girl doesn't seem like a housewife type to me.She does not have to be, does she? You really expect Rohdick to come home to a home cooked meal?

LuckyR
04-21-2009, 02:01 PM
May Andy have a great career and family life. The best to them. (glass raised).

GPB
04-21-2009, 02:03 PM
May Andy have a great career and family life. The best to them. (glass raised).

Here here! (or is it hear hear? I think I got it right the first time...)

pound cat
04-21-2009, 02:36 PM

Tou think all girls get married and become housewives? This is 2009, not 1950.

tennis-hero
04-21-2009, 03:00 PM
Tou think all girls get married and become housewives? This is 2009, not 1950.

dont you know the rules?

you only marry a girl if she can display housewife-ness

basically women who can cook, and rub your head after a long day, listen to you moan about your crap and never gets a "headache"

thats a housewife type

if a girlfriend aint that then you dont put a ring on it

jimwh
04-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Give Andy a break, he is the only American player to totally support our Davis Cup team since Mcenroe.

coyfish
04-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Well hes been the only top 10 american for a while. . .

Ryoma Kun
04-22-2009, 12:52 AM
Girls that I know that are 21, act much different when they grow up... But I wish them the best, but I too think he should've waited a bit longer ;)

devila
04-23-2009, 12:00 AM
Remember the twit named Mandy Moore? Lauren Bedford? He doesn't like long relationships. They made him lose tennis ambition because he wanted only bedtime pleasure.

Brooklyn looks like Matt Damon/Reese Witherspoon. A 6/10 model.
There'll be more annoying shaved haircuts because she'll force him to participate in wimpy basketball bets.
I don't care for Davis Cup and his refusal to play on clay...he still doesn't care about fast courts either.

As soon as the money runs low for his hired cook and the wife's health fades, Roddick will stray to a 25 year old hussy.

paulorenzo
04-23-2009, 12:27 AM
It's not your business.

oh man, you let me down, usually your remarks have me laughing out loud.

fcuk acronyms!

Ronny
04-23-2009, 12:42 AM
2 yrs is quite a while so its not really a rush...the op is probs jealous

tacou
04-23-2009, 06:30 AM
Remember the twit named Mandy Moore? Lauren Bedford? He doesn't like long relationships. They made him lose tennis ambition because he wanted only bedtime pleasure.

There'll be more annoying shaved haircuts because she'll force him to participate in wimpy basketball bets.
I don't care for Davis Cup and his refusal to play on clay...he still doesn't care about fast courts either.

As soon as the money runs low for his hired cook and the wife's health fades, Roddick will stray to a 25 year old hussy.

could you repost this, bolding the parts that are supposed to make sense?

jgn1013
04-23-2009, 07:57 AM

Roger knocks up his GF ... before getting married.. talk about classless.

djones
04-23-2009, 09:57 AM

Lol that's funny one :-)

Joseph L. Barrow
04-23-2009, 10:54 AM
I know an old man who once got engaged to a girl he'd only known for four days, and their marriage lasted 50 years until she passed away. Granted, a relationship in which he saw her picture in a bikini, had his agent look her up, they dated for a few months and got engaged when she was only 20, then married in yet another "high-profile athlete marries gorgeous model" unio
in when she was 21, does not sound on the surface like the sort of marriage that's liable to last in the long-term, but we don't know these people personally, and only they know (hopefully) what really forms the core of their relationship.

Cesc Fabregas
04-23-2009, 10:56 AM
I can see this being a messy divorce in 8 months-2 years.

maximo
04-23-2009, 10:58 AM
Married at 21 years of age? get out of here!

tacou
04-23-2009, 11:28 AM
I can see this being a messy divorce in 8 months-2 years.

what a mystic you are! when will me and my girl break up?

sureshs
04-23-2009, 12:33 PM
Andy Roddick is basically a good guy. You people are overlooking this aspect.

clayman2000
04-23-2009, 12:53 PM
How jeleous is everyone. Everyone was happy for Federer, why can't everyont be happy for Roddick. Look as far as we know Brooklyn isnt pregnant which means they obviously got married for love. I know Andy isnt the smartest guy on the tennis court, but i think he wouldnt get married if he didnt truely want to. Lets be happy for the man and hope for all the best

Leublu tennis
04-23-2009, 04:15 PM
Regardless of age, when you've dated someone for 2 years before taking the vows, I wouldn't consider that a "whirlwind marriage" in any manner. Age and experience is not the biggest factor in the success of a marriage. It really comes down to compatibility and commitment to each other.

By the way, my wife and I got married when we were 21, and we just celebrated our 15th anniversary last year. We met when we were kids and were just friends for years, so we dated other people as well (so we weren't childhood sweethearts). I was still in college when we got married, so it wasn't ideal financially, but we were both very disciplined and waited for 6 years before we had children. I'm not saying that everyone should do what we did, but it can work if you are matched well and have the same goals.
I agree and congrats to you and your wife.

devila
04-23-2009, 05:02 PM

Wow. Mr. Decker decided to quit the Rome tournament. I'll be sure to write him a Get Well Card for his even worse, more trainwreck decisions outside of tennis. Where is the family guidance? Roddick's damn family excitedly partied at his home wedding. Again, no one minded that he selfishly lied about playing an upcoming tournament, regardless of the surface. He didn't mind going to fund-raisers in September and November in the middle of tournament schedules.

He's watching his precious Miami and Houston NBA games today.... How normal.:oops:

devila
04-23-2009, 05:18 PM
How jeleous is everyone. Everyone was happy for Federer, why can't everyont be happy for Roddick. Look as far as we know Brooklyn isnt pregnant which means they obviously got married for love. I know Andy isnt the smartest guy on the tennis court, but i think he wouldnt get married if he didnt truely want to. Lets be happy for the man and hope for all the best
I don't care for Federer's self-infatuation. Most people don't love Federer.
I tend to believe that Roddick's pain-inflicting himself off the tennis court more often.

At least in tennis, you know you're going to leave a great or a bad situation. Roddick has money and instant sexual gratification with a rich girl he hardly knew. It doesn't matter to him whether he'll be making her happy til they grow old. He doesn't care if he's too manipulated and distracted away from his career.
He just wants congratulations and copycat his parents' marriage. His mother was married when she was 20, and don't question her son's mother-pleasing obsession.

Stchamps
04-23-2009, 05:30 PM
I don't care for Federer's self-infatuation. Most people don't love Federer.
I tend to believe that Roddick's pain-inflicting himself off the tennis court more often.

At least in tennis, you know you're going to leave a great or a bad situation. Roddick has money and instant sexual gratification with a rich girl he hardly knew. It doesn't matter to him whether he'll be making her happy til they grow old. He doesn't care if he's too manipulated and distracted away from his career.
He just wants congratulations and copycat his parents' marriage. His mother was married when she was 20, and don't question her son's mother-pleasing obsession.

You know a lot about roddick for never meeting him.

devila
04-23-2009, 05:42 PM
He talked a lot after matches. Unfortunately, he always advertises other people instead of playing tennis.

tintin
04-24-2009, 09:58 AM
I give it 3 years.Might be the only thing Roddick wins in his life because he won't win a slam anymore

devila
04-24-2009, 10:21 AM
Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if he loses his life before his 40th birthday. After the way he spiralled out of control (screaming, bitterly belittling himself because he failed against Federer and clay court players in the past).
No one would care... His mother will just say "the money he gave to cancer victims and poor kids make me so proud after his death."

devila
04-24-2009, 10:33 AM
I give it 3 years.Might be the only thing Roddick wins in his life because he won't win a slam anymore
It's a shallow and rushed, media-exposed union. A few days before the engagement chatter, he denied that he had a girlfriend in the atp show.
If he thinks he called it privacy, he isn't fooling anyone.

He blatantly shoved in the media his sex-starved, empty-hole emotions, that he desperately needed to fill (with any wealthy teen who said yes and smiled at him). He still is in bed after a month with no tennis.

hoodjem
04-24-2009, 10:46 AM
they started dating two years ago when roddick asked his agent to track down a model he saw in a swimsuit magazine. she's 21 now which means she was 19 when they started dating and now she's mrs roddick. it all seems a little rushed imo

Two-year courtship--that's quite a rushed whirlwind.

What century are you from?